5.0 out of 5 stars LITTLE SONY. . .
Published on January 7, 2009 by Freddie41

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry but after 2 of them, it's a piece of junk
Published on January 11, 2010 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars LITTLE SONY. . ., January 7, 2009
Freddie41 (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony DVP-SR200P/B DVD Player, Black (Electronics)
I purchased this for my own use as I have an extensive dvd collection. It is really handy to play a disc while there may be one on hold in my other player. The "Little Sony" plays very well, a lot like the same commands my large one has. One of the important things for me is to be able to see the status while it is playing..this has easy to read numbers that light up. The audio/video quality is excellent. About the only disappointment is the remote doesn't have a eject button but you have to insert the disc anyway so just press the button on the set. Overall I am very happy with this Little Sony, for the price you can't beat it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the Money, January 13, 2009
This review is from: Sony DVP-SR200P/B DVD Player, Black (Electronics)
Nice simple product. We purchased this one for a specific reason - dad has arthritus and can't navigate small buttons or remotes very well. The base unit has buttons on the top edge -- easily pressed and seen by older eyes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good DVD Player - Made by Phillips, not Sony unlike most Sony DVD Players, January 11, 2009
This review is from: Sony DVP-SR200P/B DVD Player, Black (Electronics)
Unlike most of Sony's DVD players which are produced by Sony, this player is actually a rebranded Phillips/Yamaha player. Nonetheless, the build quality is still just as strong as Sony's own DVD players. I also own a Phillips DVD player with the same disc mechanism as this Sony, and so far, it has plugged along great for the last three years or so with frequent use. Overall, this player is ideal for use as a player for a bedroom or secondary tv, but if you are considering using this within a home theater setup, consider purchasing a player with an HDMI output to take advantage of HDMI's digital video output capability. Overall, this is a great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars I researched over hundreds..., November 13, 2009
This review is from: Sony DVP-SR200P/B DVD Player, Black (Electronics)
Before purchasing this product, I researched and reviewed possibly hundreds of dvd players. I wanted the most for the little amount of money I wanted to spend. I needed a small, sleak, reliable dvd player.
After deciding on this dvd player, I continued to review the product's reviews, hundreds of them. I found some to say it never worked right out of the box, but that was possibly only 10 or less claiming such things. Products may not always work correctly the first time, and so after reading reviews of 1-3 stars stating ridiculous things such as "it has no eject button on the remote", (you have to walk to the dvd player anyways to take out the dvd, so who cares about that feature? Not me! My last dvd player had that feature and to be honest I never used it.) I decided to make the leap and purchase. I love the 6 disk memory, I use that to the max. It was simple to set up, just plug in and go! The remote is easy to use and even came with batteries.

Overall I have already recommended this product with high remarks and will continue to do so. I have no found one thing wrong with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, plays all types of DVDs, and it GOLD BOX SALE!, January 22, 2009
This review is from: Sony DVP-SR200P/B DVD Player, Black (Electronics)
I bought one of these before for $49.99, now it's on sale for $29.99, what a great deal. This DVD player is excellent quality, which is something I expect from Sony. Just about all the audio & video equipment I have at home are Sony brand, even though they are usually a bit overpriced, I'm just use to their menu system and stable quality.

Playability - Sony DVD players don't play the burned or foreign DVDs, this is an exception. It plays the Chinese Drama DVD's perfectly fine. Not that I encourage pirating DVDs, but this one plays those self burned backup DVDs as well.

Quality - The last one I got is about 1 year old now, plays perfectly fine. We use it about 2 hours every day. Even at $50, it's worth the $ by now.

Menu system - Well, I don't use much of the functions, but the fast forward is in place. Samsung has a wierd fast forward where it's 2x, 4x, ( too slow) then 64x ( way too fast). Also, this player will remember multiple DVD stop locations even after you remove it. Now that's really cool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little DVD player for the Money$, March 20, 2009
Rocky Moore "Amazonaholic" (Jacksonville, Florida USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony DVP-SR200P/B DVD Player, Black (Electronics)
When I say little, I mean little. This thing is thin and tiny. So if you are looking to add to an impressive display of audio/visual equipment in your home theatre move along. For functionality, ease of use, quality of device it is awesome! I can take a movie out watch a bunch of other movies and then stick the first back in there and it starts off right where I left it. I love not having to look through all the scenes.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT Little Player, April 15, 2009
This review is from: Sony DVP-SR200P/B DVD Player, Black (Electronics)
I bought two of these by mistake and didn't realize it until they arrived. Since my husband's ancient DVD player was still working, he didn't want the extra one, but we decided to keep it for a spare. After he saw how impressed I was with mine, he hooked the other one up to his TV. We both love the player. The controls are SO easy to see and operate, the quality and features are excellent, the unit is small and lightweight, and you can't beat the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, smart, good picture quality, great price. What's not to like?, January 8, 2010
This review is from: Sony DVP-SR200P/B DVD Player, Black (Electronics)
In brief: It does what I want a DVD-player to do, and at a great price.

Why I gave it 5 stars: We usually don't watch an entire DVD in one sitting, so a player's ability to "remember" where it was after being turned off/on is crucial to us. This one does that. Even better, it "remembers" the most recent SIX discs, if we happen to change discs before finishing some of them.

A sales person at a a local store told us that "all disc players do that now." Well, the one he sold us (Toshiba) did not do it, and the fine print in it's manual confirmed that it couldn't, so back it went.

Other nice features (that I assumed all players have, until I tried some of them): It starts up very fast (about 15 seconds, and, as a bonus, just pressing "Play" turns it on and starts the disc if there's one already in the tray). Fast-forward shows a smooth picture at 2x and 4x, rather than jumping from scene to scene. There's also a "slightly faster/slower" feature (1.4x down to 0.6x, in steps of -0.2) that lets you hear the sound: good for getting through boring scenes more quickly, without missing anything.

The unit is tiny, but looks and feels well-made. Its buttons are on the top edge. It comes with a COMPOSITE cable, but the unit itself also can accept COMPONENT. That's how I hooked it up, and the picture looks as good to me as Hi-Def from the cable company. (This is on a 32-inch, 720p screen.)

The remote control is very small, but uses 2 AA batteries, so the batteries should last a long time. The remote doesn't have an "Eject" button, but since you have to be at the unit to put a disc in or take it out, this makes no difference. The remote's "Input Select" button doesn't work with my VISIO TV, but it's VOLUME control does work with the VISIO (code 04). The "Input Select" issue is not enough of a drawback to lower my 5-star rating ... especially after having tried, and returned, two other kinds of disc players at my friendly, local store. (They were very understanding, especially since they'd assured me in advance that the units would do what the units did not do.)

Minor bonus: Amazon delivered it a day earlier than expected.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry but after 2 of them, it's a piece of junk, January 11, 2010
This review is from: Sony DVP-SR200P/B DVD Player, Black (Electronics)
We are now on the second player after the first one skipped horribly then the sound on it went out all together and we sent it back and Amazon replaced it. We now have played 2 (brand new) DVD's on this one, and it is already starting to skip. No, we do not have a thundering herd of elephants living in the house. And no, the disks are not dirty, they are brand new and personally checked by us to be sure they are ok. We are also both electronics people so we know how to set this stuff up and how to troubleshoot. So we must conclude this player is a piece of junk and you get what you pay for or don't (what, you thought you would get something good for thirty seven bucks? get real - we're about to). 2 thumbs down on this garbage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little basic DVD player, April 8, 2009
This review is from: Sony DVP-SR200P/B DVD Player, Black (Electronics)
I had a few disks that would not read well with my other players, so I thought I would try this one because it advertised as being able to read bad disk. I didn't expect it to work, but it did. Kudos! Nothing fancy, but now I can see my movies. No Super VHS connection though, but picture quality is good with RCA connecions.

Sony DVP-SR200P/B DVD Player, Black