5.0 out of 5 stars Just love it
This is just what I need for school to record the lectures. It works exelent. Exelent quality of recorded material, easy to operate, and thery easy to transfer the material to the computer. Because it is a small size, I can take it everywere with me and listen my lecyures at home , in the car, in the library, in the park, ect. I love it and recomend to my friends.
Published 10 months ago by Angelica

1.0 out of 5 stars No FM
Published 15 months ago by cabinetmker

4.0 out of 5 stars nice, April 12, 2014
This review is from: Sony Digital Flash Voice Recorder,Silver (Office Product)
So far it has worked great! it's perfect for transcribing for any of those doc students doing a qualitative interview

5.0 out of 5 stars Just love it, September 13, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Digital Recorder, May 30, 2014
This review is from: Sony Digital Flash Voice Recorder,Silver (Office Product)
Very compact and easy to use and great sound quality. The price was very cheap for this quality of a recorder.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Digital Flash Voice Recorder, May 7, 2014
This review is from: Sony Digital Flash Voice Recorder,Silver (Office Product)
This recorder is a replacement for another Sony recorder I still use. I needed an upgrade. This item is great, works well, has great sound quality and I always trust Sony for making good products. This recorder, unlike my previous recorder, can be connected to my computer and files transferred that way. Works well. I am very pleased with my purchase. Holly Kaczmarski

4.0 out of 5 stars Good design and recording quality, February 15, 2014
This review is from: Sony Digital Flash Voice Recorder,Silver (Office Product)
My older Sony is obsolete as Sony no longer supports it with updated software to Win7.Decided to update to newer stereo model.
It has a built in USB connector which is very handy. The included software works extremely well...found all my music albums and transferred to my 4GB micro SD card leaving the original 4GB for additional live recording. Controls are easy to use and suspect they will be durable as my old one got heavy and hard use and always worked (but still ticked they didn't provide an upgrade to Win 7 that worked).
Sound quality for recording music is OK although for really high quality I will always prefer my Zoom H4n...but it is larger. This one fits in a shirt pocket.
For voice I use it to record data in the dark...I am an astronomer...and this works great. The bult in back light is handy although I put a piece of red gell over the light so it won't effect my night vision.
Battery life is about 22 hours and while it can get hours of recording time at lower quality levels...at the highest quality (the only one I use) it gets about 6 hours on 4GBs.
Pros....the single AAA nimh rechargeable battery is recharged via the USB connector...and the battery is included.
But you can also use any AAA battery rechargeable or otherwise (it has option to turn off charging if need with non rechargeable battery).
Cons...no included case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, February 11, 2014
This review is from: Sony Digital Flash Voice Recorder,Silver (Office Product)
This recorder works like a charm, is very easy to setup and use, and transfers files from the recorder to my laptop in a breeze!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, easy to transfer files to computer, November 9, 2013
This review is from: Sony Digital Flash Voice Recorder,Silver (Office Product)
Small, easy to use, easy to transfer files to computer. Shipped promptly.
Audio is adequate for interviews, have not explored all the audio settings yet.

1.0 out of 5 stars No FM, April 6, 2013
cabinetmker (so. Williamsport, pa. United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Digital Flash Voice Recorder,Silver (Office Product)
This is the UX533, NO FM. I just received this recorder from J&R, Very unhappy, This recorder is about the same as the Sony UX512 but nowhere the quality. The UX512 has a solid feel and appearance. The UX512 looks and feels like a high quality recorder, We have never had a problem with these units. The only reason we bought the UX533 was for the FM. The 533 does not have FM . The description states it does but it does NOT. The UX533 looks and feels like it came from the Dollar Store, The build quality and design are terrible. The Sony ICD AX412 is a lot better in all areas and cost a lot less and is still available. WE have the Olympus WS803 which has the FM radio feature, The overall quality of the Olympus recorders is far above the Sony 533. The previous Sony recorders have never been a problem and we have used these units for years with no complaints, This new Sony is a JOKE. It feels and looks really cheap. We prefer the Sony Recorders mainly because they come with the Sound Organizer software making the Sony easier to use. Anyone familiar with the previous Sony ICD recorders will not be happy with the new model 533, Don't waste time and money on this Puppy. If this thing didn't have the word Sony painted on it you would never guess it was a Sony product. It really does look like it came from the Dollar Store, If the price of this toy drops down to the thirty dollar range MAYBE it will sell. At this price, Never going to happen. I caller J&R and they agreed to take it back or give me a price adjustment. No problems with J&R . I hope I saved someone the hassle of dealing with this junk. I hope this is not where Sony is heading. I will be taking a lot better of my older Sony Recorders.

Sony Digital Flash Voice Recorder,Silver