5.0 out of 5 stars Great cover
Published on January 13, 2010 by John Englewood

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Fit
This thing must be for an older model of the pocket or something. I got this for my wife for christmas and when she opened it and tried to put her sony pocket into it the cover was about an inch or so to tall.
Published on January 27, 2011 by couldbne1

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cover, January 13, 2010
This review is from: Sony Digital Reader Premium Cover Pocket - Black (PRSASC3/BC) (Electronics)
Looks good on the e-book reader, and does not add much size to it. The cover seems to be made out of leather. It is either really good faux leather or real, I can not tell. The cover has built in magnets on the front and back, so that it stays shut. It is held to the Reader by 2 plastic tabs, one on top, and one on bottom. They fit into holes in the Reader. The tabs are made of a high quality plastic, and do not seem flimsy or likely to break.

Another advantage of this cover is that it allows you to hold the reader as you would hold a real book. The reader + cover still can fit into my pocket. A great buy, it protects your expensive reader, looks good, and makes it more book-like.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, protects reader, March 3, 2010
Though the Sony Digital Reader Pocket Edition 300 comes with a cover, I never used it, since I bought this at the same time. I put the reader in my backpack since I ride a motorcycle to school and work, and it protects the reader very well. The leather is fairly thick and rigid. It also gives the feel that you are holding a book while reading. My only complaint is that the magnets are a little weak. The cover stays closed, but the magnets don't really grab.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Fit, January 27, 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit !!, November 18, 2010
I purchased this case for my Sony POCKET e reader. Beware !! The packaging and website both state
that it IS a pocket reader case. It is not !! It is for the larger Sony reader. I have had to
send it back to Amazon as the poduct is misrepresented. Very dissappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too big for my reader., May 30, 2012
Bought this for my Sony PRS-350 since it was the one listed as a bundle on that. Unfortunately this is for a model about half an inch longer. Very disappointed as this is the style of cover I want, but seems to be impossible to find for reader.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome cover., May 2, 2010
I like the look and feel of this cover. It also does an excellent job of protecting the ereader from lifes little bumps and bruises.

4.0 out of 5 stars not what I wanted, August 1, 2011
It is really for a different model than I own. I own a PRS 505, and have this cover for it as well. It is very good. So when I purchased a PRS 350, (I liked the touch screen, and the tap a word dictionary), I wanted to get the same cover... However in my web search, I somehow was presented this one, I did not realize it was for a different reader than I had.

By the time I would have returned it, it just would not have been worthwile for an item of this low a cost...

So I own one that I can not use, but I know that it is a very nice cover.

I ended up getting a non Sony cover also from Amazon. I like it quite well also, as it alows me to stand the reader on an angle on the table top - handy at times. However I would have prefered this cover in the appropriate size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well, good quality, July 23, 2010
I no longer have this e-book, but this cover is very good quality and has a good retention mechanism.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit the PRS 350, February 13, 2013
This was listed as an add on item with the PRS 350, so I got it, but it didn't fit that ereader. Probably a good case, but totally wrong listing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes great use of the PRS -300's internal magnets, August 8, 2012
Todd (New York State) - See all my reviews
This product (the EXACT number PRSASC3/BC) is for the PRS-300. I know Sony labelled other products "pocket" - but the PRS-300 is the ORIGINAL "pocket", and is what Sony is referring to in this product number when it says it is for the "pocket model".

This product has no magnets in it. There are only metal strips below the skin. The magnets are IN THE READER. Put a paperclip in the upper righthand and lower righthand corners (front and back). It'll stick. The magnets were put in there with this very product in mind. As are the very deep recesses where the screws are on the upper and lower outside edges on the left. The keepers on this product engage them, locking the Reader in place.

It is luxurious in its' feel. The outer pleather is very supple, and the interior faux suede is softer than its real counterpart. The Reader emblem on the back corresponds almost exactly with the Reader emblem on the device itself. Nice touch. It also, of course, proudly displays "Sony" on the front in a deeply embossed emblem.

A perfect discontinued companion for a discontinued device. Well worth it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›