Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Sony Alpha A330L 10.2 MP Digital SLR Camera with ...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 69% off the $549.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
3 Year Camera Accident Protection Planfrom Warrantech
- 100% Parts and labor coverage with no deductibles
- Repair or Replacement Promise on Every Product
- 5 Day Repair Guarantee on Depot Service
- Contract Delivered by E-mail, Register and File Claims Online or by Phone
- Excludes Aerial Drones and Radio Controlled Devices
Sony Alpha A330L 10.2 MP Digital SLR Camera with Super SteadyShot INSIDE Image Stabilization and 18-55mm Lens
|Price:||$599.00 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 10.2-megapixel APS-size CCD image sensor for ultra-fine detail
- Included SAL1855 18-55mm standard zoom lens
- SteadyShot INSIDE in-camera image stabilization; Eye-Start Autofocus
- Tiltable, 2.7-inch Clear Photo LCD Plus display (upward by up to 135 degrees, downward by up to 55 degrees)
- Compatible with high-capacity Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo and SD/SDHC media (sold separately)
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Display Fixture Type||tilting|
|Effective Still Resolution||10.2 MP|
|Expanded ISO Maximum||3,200|
|Expanded ISO Minimum||100|
|External Memory Included||Yes|
|Focus Type||automatic with manual|
|Item Dimensions||3.82 x 5.04 x 2.81 inches|
|Item Display Weight||5 pounds|
|Item Weight||1.08 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||6.1 Watt Hours|
|Lithium Battery Weight||4 ounces|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||10.2 MP|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Photo Sensor Technology||ccd|
|Remote Control Description||Infrared|
|Shipping Weight||3.4 pounds|
|Style Name||A330 with18-55mm Lens|
|Viewfinder Type||electronic viewfinder|
|Water Resistance Level||Not Water Resistant|
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras and lenses on our review pages: Digital SLR Cameras, Lenses
Top Customer Reviews
(1) The camera is very light and balanced when using the 18-55 lens. My wife was very surprised at the weight, or lack of it.
(2) Minolta Maxxum autofocus lenses work flawlessly with this camera! I have two old telephotos (20 years old) that produce incredible pictures with the new Sony. My old zoom flash works too, although I have to adjust exposure manually. Although the newer Sony lenses are much lighter, quality older lenses can be purchased on auction sites for a fraction of the cost of new lenses. Just remember: they will be much heavier than today's modern opticals.
(3) The A330 functions well as an automatic point and shoot camera, but also allows the flexibility to set everything manually if desired. I especially appreciate the ease of setting white balance for those flashless shots in changing lighting conditions. Depth of field was easy to adjust using Aperture priority.
(4) Picture quality is outstanding. Viewing the high definition output on my Sony Bravia through the HDMI output is an incredible way to preview photos. My TV remote even advances the photos in my camera as I watch!
(5) It will take both an SD memory card and a Memory Stick Pro Duo card AT THE SAME TIME. When one is full, the flip of a switch changes to the other card. Memory is mostly limited by the size of your wallet.
(6) The 3200 iso setting does well in low light situations, although there is some grain.
Here are a few cons:
(1) Some functions are buried in menus. This seems to be par for the course these days for all camera manufacturers.
(2) In moving up from an 8 mega-pixel camera, this 10.Read more ›
- Since you are looking for an entry level DSLR, the picture quality for all entry levels is comparable (in my opinion). Since I am a manual mode shooter, the quality of my shots are really based on settings (aperture, shutter speed, ISO, light, etc) so you'll be able to get good quality out of all of them.
-I would rate the a330 as a bit more exceptional, because in the manual mode, Sony has something called "Creative Style" where you can further tweak your shot (vivid color, night shot, sunset etc....and for each one of those modes, you can further alter saturation, sharpness and contrast). See some of my pictures in my profile!
-This was one of the first reasons why the Sony alpha series made my short list - any Sony or Minolta lens will work with this camera. In addition, because the image stabilization is built into the camera and not the lens, the cost is more reasonable compared to other lenses. Therefore, any lens I find on eBay I can use (don't have to worry if a particular Sony lens or older Minolta lens will work, so my options are endless).
- Although the continuously shooting isn't the fastest in its class, it's definitely usable.Read more ›
Having said that, if you are looking to move up to an SLR from a P&S model, this is a great option. It received stellar ratings from Consumer Reports, earning their best buy logo. I have never used an SLR and read lots before purchasing this camera. I took it out of the box and as soon as the battery was charged, I was shooting away. The camera comes with an ultra simple quick-start guide & a full owner's manual. This is helpful when you can't wait to start shooting.
When purchasing this camera for photographing kids/sports, spend the extra $20-30 and get the pro-stick duo memory card made by Sony. I am always skeptical of the need to purchase name brand, but the additional speed the Sony card gives this camera is exceptional. I had a generic memory card from my point and shoot. It works in the camera, but slows down shots, especially in sports mode. Since this is very important to me, it is well worth it. If you were going to say, take pictures of landscapes and flowers, maybe not so much.
In hand the camera feels sturdy and comfortable. However, there isn't a great place to hold on with your left hand.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The Sony Alpha A330L has earned a spot on BoldList's Top 5 Cameras Under $600 list!
- 10. Read more
The camera was as they said it would be, looked brand new, in original box with all the standard parts.Published 23 months ago by Renee Devine
I am a Photographer so i have to do my best to give it an educated review
very light weight
very fast auto focus
10 mp Sensor
good... Read more
great option for less than cutting edge technology at a great price ability to use a variety of lenses from a combination of manufactures is an added bonusPublished on June 30, 2013 by Fishmonger
I just bought this camera about a week ago, and let me tell you I LOVE IT. I've seen some reviews online where people gripe about how it's not user friendly, or there are too many... Read morePublished on November 28, 2012 by Amazon Customer