5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I went ahead and bought the Kit
I recently purchased the transcription kit, even in the face of advice to not do so, and I'm very pleased that I did. I use a Sony ICD-P110 digital voice recorder, with version 3 of the Digital Voice Editor software from Sony. I only bought the transcription kit because it was almost half price, as I was unsure about how well it would work.

I have not been...
Published on February 18, 2006 by Jopali

1.0 out of 5 stars Problems from the very beginning
Published on October 16, 2009 by Weaver

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I went ahead and bought the Kit, February 18, 2006
Jopali (Belfast, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony FS85USB Digital Recorder Transcription Kit (Office Product)

I have not been disappointed. The only problem is that if you save the MSWord document you're working on, the digital recording is reset to start playing from zero again. I think the save comand is activated in both programmes. I simply note my expired playback time before saving the Word document. I have also been able to play back mp3 files.

I am however very pleased with the overall package.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, June 21, 2009
I purchased this Sony Product to go with Sony Digital Voice Recorder ICD-PX720. I currently transcribe at home for 2 doctors. This is almost effortless when it comes to transcribing. I would also recommend the Sony Digital Voice Recorder listed above. The digital sound quality is superb and crystal clear. No hissing noise that you would find if you were using microcassettes. I researched this for about a month and this was the best product and price point to change over to digital. I made an excellent choice buying these 2 products. My purchasing experience from Amazon was excellent. Ginger Spanos from Paintsville, Kentucky.

1.0 out of 5 stars Problems from the very beginning, October 16, 2009
I don't usually bother to write these things because I'm don't expect much from products made today. They usually work for a while and then break and I go on. But I have had nothing but issues with this package since I purchased it for the office. The problem is that for no known reason, while typing in WORD and using the foot pedal, the audio file that I am transcribing suddenly jumps back to start. It happens randomly and without apparent cause. I spent hours on the phone with customer service (who were very, very friendly, if not always knowledgeable)only to have a product that makes me so angry I usually just give up. I've even upgraded to the most recent software package and changed the setting as per instructed to help resolve the issue, but it continues. I've tried it on different computers and with different staff members. We do not have this issue with our Olympus digital transcribing kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine product, August 24, 2007
I was able to use this pedal with .wav files downloaded from an Olympus recorder, no problem.

Pedal works fine, software is adequate.

I have transcribed approx 3 hours of recording so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony FS8USB, July 29, 2010
Item works great. Spent a little more time to set up. Software included was out of date. Newer transcription software was available. overall good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy!, October 31, 2011
I am very happy with this purchase. I have been using this transcription kit for one week and have had no problems at all. Installation and setup were a breeze, and it does exactly what I want it to do: play .wav files through a USB connection, start/stop with foot pedals, can slow down or speed up the speed of the .wav file. I give it five stars with absolutely no reservation, and I'm very glad I purchased it in spite of some of the previous negative reviews.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Install, May 6, 2014
I received this before the expected date stated. I read the instructions carefully, as I always do. It was so easy to hook this up. I tried it on my XP computer first and it worked perfectly. I then hooked it up to my Vista computer and again, it worked perfectly. I am thrilled that if one computer goes down, I always have a backup for my transcription for at least most of my clients. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for still making this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great product., March 24, 2014
This is a great product for anyone who transcribes. However, this product is hard to find as Sony is no longer producing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recorder, July 3, 2013
Easy to set up. Takes a little time to adjust to the control features. Works great and the price is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, June 24, 2013
First, let me say that I am not very savvy when it comes to technology. After using micro-cassettes for dictation for 25 years, I finally decided to go digital. You need this for Sony digital recorders and the sound quality is excellent. It is easy to transfer files to my assistant for transcription and the files are stored for easy reference on the computer. My assistant was very pleased with this product. It's easy to install and begin transcription in a matter of minutes. This is a great asset for any size business!

Sony FS85USB Digital Recorder Transcription Kit