5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Xperia Z, I finally switched to Android
I finally switched from IOS to Android and I have no regrets at all.
For two an half years I was very pleased with my iphone 4 but I got tired of the UI and the small screen.

Published 19 months ago by Laurent Casado

3.0 out of 5 stars "International" means "everywhere but USA"
Phone looks great but I had to return it as the only data connection I could get is Edge (2G). Tried Net10, MetroPCS, and T-Mobile.
Published 7 months ago by Ray Clouse

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Xperia Z, I finally switched to Android, March 10, 2013
This review is from: Sony Xperia Z C6603 Black Factory Unlocked LTE BANDS 1/3/5/7/8/20 International version - No Warranty - Original Sony phone (Unlocked Phone)
I finally switched from IOS to Android and I have no regrets at all.

What attracted me with the Xperia Z was the Build quality, far much better than those cheap plastic Samsung build, but still not as good as an iphone. The waterproof feature was also one of the thing that made me make the move. This phone is just beautiful...

The phone is very very fast and responsive, I was impressed. I really like the widget that allow you to access to different phone configuration very quickly. Turning wifi, bluetooth and GPS OFF in just 4 clics. Every thing is faster with Android, access to configuration, killing running application, switching application ... Apple should learn something here.
The 5 inch display is just gorgeous, every things look great... photos, videos, web browsing ...

Regarding the camera, I was a little disappointed with the Sony Camera App, it has a lot of feature but the final image was not that punchy so I purchased an app called "HDR camera+" and waooo... this app literally changed every thing with the camera and get the best out of this 13 megapixel sensor. Exposure, color tone, color temperature, color saturation, sharpness... everything is so much better ...

What I miss from IOS is the Airplay feature build into the system. Android has some third party application available to stream music and video but it does not work as well as IOS.
For example It recognize my Yamaha RX-V773 as an Airplay receiver but I was not able to stream any music, the Android music player just got stuck.
But I can stream music and video to my Philips 46 inch TV ... I don't get it....

Now about battery life, it's not that great ... This 5 inch full HD display suck a lot of juice and don't expect more than 5 or 6 hours oh intensive use. I mean by intensive use, 3G connected and display on all the time ...

The problem with that phone is that you can't stop using it all the time ... So get prepared to get some extra juice somewhere ... for example an external battery pack ....

5.0 out of 5 stars In love, July 31, 2013
This phone is amazing. I made a thourough research about all the phones on the market. I personally dont like Samsung (because of its user interface) nor Apple (overpriced and too limited). I'm a HTC fan and i guess the only phone better than this one could be the HTC One (in my opinion). I recently tried the waterproof feature... AWESOME! No damage at all. Camera works wonderfully underwater as well.

PROS:
Waterproof
Amazing camera
Latest android OS
Great sound
BEATIFUL FULLHD Bravia powered screen
STAMINA mode
NFC
LTE

CONS (nothing is perfect):
The screen is so sensible that reacts when a waterdrop falls on it
The screen does not work correctly underwater or REALLY wet
Battery "Monster": while screen is on and gps active it drains the battery so severly that not even charging is enough. (nevertheless if STAMINA mode is set up, it lasts all day)(also the gps [as usual] it sucks up the battery)
Also the speaker for phone calls is quite small and must be placed correctly on the ear, otherwise it's quite hard to hear.

CONCLUSION:
It is one of the greatest phones on the market. Even though the underwater performance could be better, it helps to avoid any major damage caused by water. One of the best cellphone cameras. Quite customizable. TRULY powerful. GORGEOUS screen. Simply and excelent phone worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars review for tmobile Xperia Z 6606 US version But same phone features, January 3, 2014
UnCivil Earth (Philadelphia Pa) - See all my reviews
This phone is amazing . The features are awesome the Sony apps just for this phone make it better . The 13Mp camera is incredible and takes beautiful pics . Also unlike samsung the phone works well with Apple Computer products using Sony bridge for Mac . Yes thats right this phone plays and Stores iTunes easy with out doing any conversions of audio files or using double twist . It was a pain to play any iTunes on My Galaxy SII. The photo software on the Sony has things not available on any camera phone. Smile detection, Burst mode, 1080 Video , 1080p 5in beautiful display, Bravia sync and the ability to use a Ps3 controller for games . The phone is a I phone top competitor in my book and about $250 cheaper. I can't wait to see where sony takes this kind of thinking for the future. Its also water resistant to 3 feet for 30 mins so little splash while listening to music in the shower or by the pool is ok. This is a beautiful phone top to bottom with great accessories available like the smart watch2 , Sbh52 wireless headset with caller id. This is a great phone give it a try over Samsung and you will be happy. With t mobiles buyer remorse what do you have to loose....I think you will love it...
Pros: Great for texting, Great web browsing, Long battery life, Easy to use, Great camera, Useful apps, Fun games, WiFi, GPS, 4G, Durable, Large screen, Touch screen, Music, Keyboard, Speakerphone, Volume level, Processor, Memory
I would recommend this to a friend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful phone!, November 8, 2013
I enjoy this phone every day. It's screen size, the powerful camera, the swift response, huge RAM and Micro SD slot for music and pictures keeping its all I need.
When its dirty I remove it form the case and wash it in the sink with tapped water. The waterproof feature is very helpful when running for long periods of time because sweat and condensation wont affect the phone when carried close to the body.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wrong model, June 1, 2014
The box was marked C6603, but the phone inside was a C6602. Because I'm not using it for 4G LTE, I went ahead and accepted it, but for someone else this could be a big problem.

3.0 out of 5 stars "International" means "everywhere but USA", February 26, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product with extremely good features, June 23, 2013
Great product and meets all my satisfactions. I never used a Sony smartphone before and love this phone extremely good apps.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome!, May 11, 2013
I love this Xperia Z. I enjoy using it. Looks so stylish and elegant. Got a black one! Worth the money. Thanks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with overall performance of product, August 11, 2014
Pleased with overall performance of product. the camera is great - takes bright colours, the camera software does not lag and video quality is great as well. the water proofing works. The OS is smooth - it streams live videos and play youtube videos adequately without lag. One down side I have seen so far is the quality of sound from the loudspeakers is not good- its not loud enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, August 17, 2014