5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 31, 2011
Francisco Colon (West Palm Beach, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony GVHD700/1 HDV Portable Video Recorder (Camera)
I needed a deck so that I did not use my camcorder as a VCR to transfer my videos...Most of the decks that I reviewed were over 1500 or 6000 dollars and with features that I really didn't need. I decided to try this Sony out and I have two canons, one DV and HD. I was not sure how it would performed....I am using Adobe Premiere and sorry to say still at the CS3. The software capture window recognized the device as a camcorder and performed WONDERFULLY...exactly what I needed...

Although I am using another software for the HD capture it still recognized the device and capture the video split the scenes and did it as my normal workflow with no problems. 10 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Really a one of a kind, May 31, 2011
GerryL (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony GVHD700/1 HDV Portable Video Recorder (Camera)
I love this thing. I have a drawer full of HDV tapes from my Canon HDV Camcorder and this provides the flexibility to either show them direct on my plasma screen or use as a player when I want to capture them on my PC. In either case its much easier and more convenient then using the camera itself. It can also drop reasonable still shots out of the video and save them on a memory card. Great to have the remote and use as a Hi-Def VCR when family is over and we're browsing family videos. Couldn't be easier to hook up using the HDMI output straight to my AV receiver. Really a one of a kind product. I'm sure I'm only using a fraction of its potential as it really is a swiss army knife of hi-def connectivity. Also moonlights as a small AV monitor screen for the menus of my Marantz AV receiver when I'm using it for Pandora or other internet radio and don't want to have to fire up the 50" just to see menus and artist info.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect mini HDV tape video capture deck!, July 6, 2012
This review is from: Sony GVHD700/1 HDV Portable Video Recorder (Camera)
I am a professional award-winning special events videographer whose primary camcorders are the still popular tape based Canon XL-H1A.
I have been using one of my XL-H1A camcorders as my video capture deck but this is not the best option as it will wear out the heads on the camcorder which was in fact happening.
I am thrilled to have invested in the Sony GV-HD700 as it works perfectly as my video capture deck. I could not be any happier and highly recommend this awesome product to any active professional videographers who still prefer using mini DV tape camcorder's and are in search of the perfect portable capture deck that is also very reasonably priced.

A very happy new Sony GV-HD700 owner.

5.0 out of 5 stars good product., June 11, 2014
This review is from: Sony GVHD700/1 HDV Portable Video Recorder (Camera)
Great product and will buy again for later use. Recommended this is the great products for all video business and personal use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for HDV conversions, March 23, 2014
This review is from: Sony GVHD700/1 HDV Portable Video Recorder (Camera)
Well, as a video producer director and editor I used my Sony Z1U so much the heads died. I decided to sell it to a friend but had all these tapes, lots of media that if I wanted to edit or view later I would need to convert....so I invested in one of these just in case I wanted to edit anything or convert to digital any of my assets later.

I would recommend having one for exactly that reason alone.
Also works great with firewire into my Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Pro X and Premiere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mindv, September 13, 2012
This review is from: Sony GVHD700/1 HDV Portable Video Recorder (Camera)
The Mindv worked great. The product itself is a little much, but that is why rare products are. With all of its features, it's a great machine.

Rate and Discover Movies