Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sony HDR-CX190 HD Handycam Camcorder with 5.3MP and 25x Optical Zoom + 16GB S...
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 6, 2012
This camera is perfect for what i need. I previously had th old school video cassette recorder which was still functioning but was low quality when transferred to dvd. So i decided to upgrade to a hd camera. So far it has produced tremendous picture quality. I couldn't be happier. Plus this packaged deal was awesome!! I got a bag hdmi cable and a battery that lasts 10 hours for only 10 more than the price of the camera.
on June 12, 2012
the product itself is good but it was missing the memory card so i could not record anything until over a week later when the card was sent.....with no apology for the inconvenience or any type of upgrade...leaves a bad taste whenever a company expects customers to just take poor customer service & delivery...i don't know about anyone else but when I'm spending $300 + I expect my items and if i don't get them I expect a company to have the decency to recognize their mistake and make an effort to 'make it right'. In this case I requested an upgrade to a 32g memory card which was denied. I bought this item with the specific family events in mind right around the arrival date (kids year end awards @ school, little league playoffs, trip to washington DC) all things I would have loved to be able to record with my new camera....but I didnt have a memory card to record them to.
this was my first purchase through amazon and it was less than ideal.
on May 14, 2012
This is my first camcorder and I am a very happy with this product. The image is very clear, the case is perfect and is the best price for this package. Excellent products.
on February 24, 2013
This package was great to get me up & running! I have to record counseling sessions weekly, and this does the job. It is tiny & light weight. One of the best features: the USB connect that is tucked into the hand strap!
on September 13, 2013
I wanted a video camera, for recreational use. I read the reviews on Amazon which rated the Sony HDR-CX190 a good four stars. With that in mind I ordered the camera, however afterward I read professional reviews saying the camera was cheaply made, meaning the price point was not lucrative. Basically you get what you pay for, which is ok if the buyer is satisfied with the product, I was not. I'm sending it back unopened, because of picture quality in low light which was a big concern for me. There were many features I wanted that this camera just didn't have. Obviously the people who wrote the reviews on Amazon are happy with the camera and that is what it is all about. On the other hand I ended up buying a Panasonic HC-V720 for $ 449.00 which covered all my needs. My advice to you, READ ALL AVAILABLE INFOMATION ON WHAT EVER YOU INTEND TO BUY.
on May 20, 2012
I love this camera but I wished it had external mic port. You can take a look at some of the videos I did with it at [...].

It is small and easy to carry around.
on July 25, 2012
This cam doesn't come with any software to convert it's proprietary file type to anything useful. You can not save the files for uploads and can only play it from the camera to your hdtv. I'd love to show you a video but can't.
on June 15, 2012
The camera will do the job for home videos. The memory is by card. It is not embedded in the camera. Not very good under low light.
on October 21, 2012
Does great job for filming golf sessions. Love it and great price with all bells and whistles. Would buy another.
on January 8, 2014
I bought this thinking it was a touch screen and it was not. I tried to use it and it was difficult to figure out as well as the toggle is too sensitive and a pain to use. The camcorder is great except I recommend the touch screen version

See 1 answered question