Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sony HDR-CX260V High Definition Handycam 8.9 MP Ca..." and save 54% off the $499.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Sony HDR-CX260V High Definition Handycam 8.9 MP Camcorder with 30x Optical Zoom and 16 GB Embedded Memory (Black) (2012 Model)
- 8.9 megapixel still image
- 30X Optical, 55X Extended Zoom
- 3.0 inch touch-screen Clear Photo LCD display
- 1920x1080 Full HD 60p Recording
- Up to 5 hours of recording with 16GB embedded Flash Memory
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Item Dimensions||2.25 x 2.12 x 4.87 inches|
|Item Weight||0.71 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||2 Watt Hours|
|Lithium Battery Voltage||8.4 Volts|
|Lithium Battery Weight||51 ounces|
|Media Format Digital Video||SD, SDHC, SDXC|
|Media Type||Flash card|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||5.43 MP|
|Shipping Weight||1.75 pounds|
|Video Capture Format||avchd;mpeg-2|
|Video Capture Resolution||1080p_hd|
From the Manufacturer
Sony HDR-CX260V High Definition Handycam Camcorder
Create stunningly beautiful 1920x1080p Full HD video with the Sony Handycam HDR-CX260V camcorder. Take the shake out of your movies with Optical SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode. Back-illuminated Exmor CMOS sensor provides excellent low light capabilities while the wide angle G lens lets you get more in your shot.
1920x1080 Full HD 60p Recording w/8.9MP still image capture
The Sony HDR-CX260V offers 1920 x 1080 high definition resolution letting you record your memories in exceptional Full High Definition quality. Capable of 60p recording and playback via HDMI and compatible HDTV** providing stunning clarity and incredibly detailed and smoother playback of your memories
16GB embedded Flash Memory for up to 5 hours of recording*The built-in 16GB* embedded Flash memory can record and store up to 5 hours of high definition video footage (HD LP mode).
Optical SteadyShot image stabilization w/ Active Mode Optical SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode compensates for greater degrees of camera shake to deliver stunningly smooth video from wide angle to full telephoto shooting. In addition, innovative 3-Way Shake-Canceling adds electronic roll stability for even smoother video capture.
Wide Angle G Lens to Capture More of What You Want Experience the pinnacle of Sony lens technology with the professional-quality G Lens. Engineered for superior optical performance, Sony G lenses deliver brilliant, accurate color reproduction and sharp, amazingly detailed images. In addition, the 29.8mm focal length in Photo and Video Modes offers a broader perspective for enhanced wide angle shooting.
Back-illuminated Exmor CMOS sensor for Superb Low-light Video Experience stunning low-light sensitivity with improved image clarity and drastically reduced grain with Sony’s back-illuminated Exmor CMOS sensor. Designed for compact cameras and camcorders, the Exmor sensor relocates the photo diodes above the support circuitry, maximizing the light gathering area per pixel so you can shoot with better results in lower lighting conditions.
55x Extended Zoom to get even closer to the action Extended Zoom works in conjunction with 30x optical zoom to get even closer to the action while maintaining HD image quality.
3.0-inch touch-screen Clear Photo LCD Plus display (230K) The 3.0-inch Clear Photo LCD Plus screen displays sharp, bright, vivid images, letting you compose a shot more easily -- even outdoors, while enabling you to change settings to best represent the scene.
Clear Voice(with Face Detection)When the camcorder’s Face Detection technology identifies people in a scene, an Advanced Acoustic Processor automatically reduces background noise, resulting in recorded voices with outstanding clarity and intelligibility.
Tracking Focus follows selected subjects in/out of the frameTracking Focus works as an extension of Face Detection to allow you to select an object with a touch of the LCD and have the focus follow the selected object, even if it leaves the frame and returns.
Wind Noise Reduction for Clear Voice RecordingWind Reduction reduces noise and interference that is produced when wind passes over the microphone, giving you a clearer and more enjoyable sound experience.
Expanded Recording/Monitoring with MicFeatures dedicated mic inputs for expanded audio recording options (external microphones sold separately).
Event Browse Groups Photos/Videos for You for Easy ReferenceEvent Browse conveniently groups your images and videos together for easier viewing. The date range that Event Browse groups your pictures and videos is easily adjusted to suit your needs. When used with the Highlight Playback feature, making and sharing a highlight reel from your event is easy and fun.
Highlight Playback Creates Movies with Transitions for YouWhy spend hours editing your movies when you can let your camcorder do it for you? Highlight Playback identifies and compiles key scenes into a short, entertaining movie complete with music and transitions. You can even pinpoint the exact scene you want to include in the highlight reel.
Geotagging with Built-in GPS Receiver & NAVTEQ Maps***A built-in GPS receiver*** makes the HDR-CX260V an ideal choice for travelers. The receiver gives you the ability to view your current location on the LCD map display, as well as "tag" your shooting locations. Tagged videos and still images can be reviewed and played back using the Map Index function on the camcorder or once downloaded to your PC using the supplied PlayMemories Home software****. Additionally, the receiver automatically adjusts your camcorder's clock to the proper time zone.
Direct Copy to External HDD without PC*****Store your memories in a whole new way with the ability to copy videos from your camcorder directly to an external hard disk drive(sold separately), all without a computer. Your camcorder can also access videos stored on the external hard drive for playback on your HDTV**, allowing you to utilize the camcorder’s handy playback features.
Built-in USB Cable for Easy File Transfer/ChargeThe high-speed, built-in USB 2.0 cable allows for easy connection to your computer for charging or file transfer without having to remember separate cables. It also fits conveniently into the hand strap so it’s out of the way until you need it. Charging your camcorder is faster than ever now through the USB; for every two minutes of charge time you get one minute of recording time.
Intelligent Auto (120 different scene combinations possible)Intelligent Auto mode goes a step beyond traditional auto modes by analyzing your shot and then automatically selecting the appropriate settings from ten distinct scene modes and wind noise reduction. There are 120 different combinations possible: Landscape, Backlight, Twilight, Spotlight, Low light, Macro, Portait, Baby, Walk, Tripod, Wind Noise Reduction. The camcorder utilizes an advanced sound processor and sophisticated noise reduction algorithms to reduce wind noise by up to 10db compared to other models. In addition to reducing low frequency noise, iAuto also suppresses mid- and upper-frequency noise, resulting in clearer, more enjoyable sound.
Golf ShotBuilding on the slow-motion capture capabilities of Smooth Slow Record, Golf Shot captures a few seconds of motion as a sequence of up to 22 still images, which can be viewed/printed individually or as a composite “sequence shot” image, perfect for analyzing the nuances of a golf swing, tennis serve, and other fast action.
**Requires HDTV and HDMI cable sold separately.
***Map service requires PC with Internet. Service provided by Google and subject to change without notice
****For PC: Requires Microsoft Windows XP SP3/Windows Vista Sp2/Windows 7. For Mac: Requires Mac OSX(v10.5-10.7)
*****Requires via VMC-UAM1 cable (sold separately), AC power for camcorder, and hard drive formatted in FAT-32.USB-hub not supported. External HHD/USB media should be less than 2TB(Terabytes).
| || |
Color: Black | Style: CX260 - Camera Only
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
Top Customer Reviews
1. The image quality was my #1 concern and this camera doesn't disappoint. Indoors, the quality is definitely more than acceptable, but outdoors is where it really jumps out at you. Color was amazing and there was absolutely no blurriness, fuzziness or grain. It's really as good as it can get.
2. The photo mode is very useful and more than just an added feature. In 8.9 mp, the quality was better than expected (outdoors at least).
3. The touchscreen interface is easy to understand and people with steep learning curves will adjust without trouble. Also, the physical buttons on the camera are few in number, with only the most used and most logical functions being present; everything else is handled one step at a time on the touchscreen.
4. I thought that the GPS function would only be a software gadget that didn't really do anything, but it is nothing short of phenomenal. I live in Ukraine, so naturally I got it shipped here. When I charged up the camera and looked at the GPS section, I saw that the map said I was in New York, presumably the place where the camera was manufactured. I told the GPS to refresh itself and went outside. The camera brought up a satellite map and started connecting with nearby satellites. Once it connected with four of them (after about 2 minutes) I got an exact map of where I was complete with coordinates and exact date and time. The map could zoom way in and I was shocked to find that not only were the names of local areas written in the local language, but the small, almost nameless street that I lived on was present on the map! Nice.
5.Read more ›
I have only started to use this camera but I HAD to write about it. I WILL be adding more content and showing video samples to supplement this review. But let's do a "quickie" review: 10 things that Impressed me:
1) OK.. first off.. tiny! It's amazing how small these guys are .. even compared to 2 years back!
2) The battery is rated for *up to* 9 hours.. so far I charged it only once, been setting it up, and taking small videos for about 4 days now and it still has about 1/4" left.
3) Internal Memory is 16 Gig - that represents about an hour of High quality vid. and about 5 + hours at lower res.
4) It is SONY - so it readily connects with Newer Bravia TV's and the PS3 but of course you can pretty much connect with anything these days.. but what is wild it has a built in Projector that will project a 100" image! I have tried it (not to 100"), and it works pretty good.. actually VERY good!
5) I like the built in USB cord.. it is not long at all, but it is nice to have a cord ready to plug in to re-charge, or synch with etc... if you don't have your case with all your stuff with you.
6) 30x OPTICAL ZOOM! -OK for ME this is the main reason I wanted THIS model. (They have many models with more memory etc..)
-I wanted the zoom because I take pictures and videos of nature, so it is not always easy to get close.
Many people already know this, bu just in case... when you see "Zoom" you ALWAYS need to see what the "OPTICAL Zoom" is.. that is the true power of the lenses.. no software is involved. The term "digital" or "extended" uses the processor in the camera to "fill in" data, and it is never as crisp in my opinion. So..Read more ›
Records in stereo; has one speaker on the left side of the camera; average power use: HD: 2.6W, STD: 2.4W; Weight 7 oz; slightly smaller dimensions
HDR-PJ260V: in addition to the features of the CX (+ approx $100):
Records in stereo or 5.1; 2 speakers at the bottom of LCD; can display audio level on the screen while recording; headphone jack; average power use: HD: 2.7W, STD: 2.5W; Weight 11 oz; slightly larger dimensions; built-in projector; wireless remote (sensor at front of camera); threads for conversion lenses, filters, etc.
First of all, this is a really nice little camera. I did a lot of research before buying it, including reading all of the reviews and comments here. A lot has already been said, so I'm going to avoid covering the same ground too extensively. Personally, of the features on the PJ model, the only ones I might have had some interest in are 1) the threads to attach lens filters, and 2) the headphone jack. I just couldn't justify spending an extra $100 just for those two items.
The camera itself is a nice size but pretty small, about the size of a small can of tomato paste. The image and sound quality are excellent.
The Active SteadyShot and the Extended Zoom work together. There are 3 settings for SteadyShot: off, normal and active. In normal mode, the camera mechanically reacts to movement. The zoom at this point is completely optical, and it magnifies up to 33x. When SteadyShot is set to active, the extended zoom is also turned on, and you now can zoom to 55x. (Extended zoom does *not* reduce image quality.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Decent image quality at 1040. Camera is small, easily stored, and quite comfortable to operate. Sometimes slow when copying copying video from internal SD card to computer's hard... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Mark Twain
Had a little problem with sand gumming up my lens shutter but was fixed promptly by Sony.Published 3 months ago by Danny deWees
BEWARE MAC USERS: This camera records in "AVCHD" format. This is not compatible with most applications on your mac such as iMovie. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Timothy S. Blaney