Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on March 23, 2014
Bright clear images and the easiest to learn and use of any I have had previously. Really like the wireless interface for downloading and the connectivity with my iPhone for remote control. Light weight and compact. The audio is really good from the built in mic. Order the kit - lots of extra goodies for a quality cam at a great price.
on June 4, 2014
I was looking for a small video camera to film my daughters school shows. This camera works perfect. It films well in all levels of light and the image stabilization is great. We have used it at night and outside during the day and have had no problems. its also very easy to transfer images and videos to my laptop with the integrated usb cable.I highly reccommend this camera.
on April 24, 2014
This isn't my first Sony Handycam. Sony leads the pack in videocams as far as I'm concerned! However, for some unknown reason, all videocam manufacturers have decided not to make remote controls any more, and have enabled virtually all modern cams with wi-fi. However, if you actually want to control your camera from a distance, you must have Near Field Communication (NFC) on your mobile device. And guess what? It's not as widely available as you might think.

In my situation, I had to purchase a tablet (don't need or want another smartphone just for this purpose!), and there are slim pickings of tablets that have NFC and have been "verified" by Sony to work with this camera. So, if you're thinking of buying this camera and want to operate it remotely, make sure you have an NFC-enabled device to control it before you make your purchase!
on September 5, 2014
Good camera, good value, Beach is a good Seller. I'm not head-over-heels: the LCD screen is a little too small and not super-sharp. Camera operations a quarter-step slow. On the good side, does everything it should. Very light. Good long battery life and recording time. Smooth zoom. Like that it takes stills without having to stop recording video.
on May 26, 2014
I haven't tried alot of the features yet like the wifi. In the added package the flash card, extra battery, & charger are good the other stuff not so good the bag was huge in comparison to the camera and the tripod is so small it won't hold up the camera.
on April 23, 2015
Came with a great assortment of accessories, but doesn't hold a charge and unfortunately for some inexplicable reason, I didn't get an owners manual. So learning to use the camera and some of the accessories was just trial and error.
on March 8, 2016
This has an amazing zoom and easy to use. If you already have other Sony cameras such as the alpha series camera, you use the same software, which is great. The HDR is light and smaller, and this works well with light-weight lower-end tripods.For what I paid, the value is worth it.
on November 3, 2015
The camcorder is fine. The microcard included with the bundle is incompatible with the camcorder and the battery does not fit easily into the camcorder. Had to purchase a microSDXC memory card and Sony battery subsequently from Amazon which are compatible to determine that it wasn't an issue with the camcorder.
on August 3, 2014
Very lightweight, excellent zoom, in fact I ended up using it to be able to read an impossibly small font which I couldn't even get with a magnifying lens! The instruction manual is almost useless, I had to go to Amazon reviews to figure out that the button was actually a toggle to select different icons. Thank you whoever posted that one! Quality of the video is great for what an amateur needs, got it for an African safari which we have yet to take but so far the practice shoots are looking good.
on November 13, 2014
Camera works well. I have had problems with the SIM card popping out and not recording as well as the bag it came with had a huge slice in the side. I don't use the bag so could care less. The SIM card issue is a pain.