Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sony ICDUX523 Digital Flash Voice Recorder
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on September 20, 2012
This little piece of technology its great; way high of my expectation. Its records great; I mean really good almost perfect. And if listened from the same device it has a Noise reduction that works like a charm.
I'm using it for a class review and it's the best thing ever. Highly recommended.
on July 2, 2012
This is a handy audio recorder. It's easy to use, and you should have no problems setting it up for your first recording.

The battery lifetime is impressive and rechargeable batteries can be recharged through the USB port.

Recording is "pass-through" meanin that you can hear what's being recorded by plugging in a set of headphones to the output jack.

My main use for this is to record my music (keyboard) so I can't comment on how well the builtin microphone works. Recording from an analog Plug in the source audio, select source couldn't be easier. It also supports many functions such as speed control and noise filtering. It's been reliable and the sound quality is excellent. It's well worth the money.
on August 7, 2012
I love this recorder. Bought it to record interviews with my father in order to write his life story. Oh my goodness....have used it for everything. Record song written and stories I makeup for my grandson in order to remember them. It is does pick up every move or breath I take but that is minor for all the wonderful things you can do with this tiny, thin, can fit in your pocket recorder. For the price...it is the way to go!!
on September 7, 2012
For such a small electronic device, the Sony ICD-UX523 does everything a individual would want. Recording and playback are both easy to acess. Would highly recommend this unit. Also is very compatible with Dragon's Speaking Naturally software
on September 4, 2012
It was recommended that our son, who has been diagnosed with ADD, record the lectures in his college classes. Our son is kind of a techie, and he is more than impressed with this little gadget. He is often frustrated when things are put together, feeling their designs are not thought through very well. Not so with this little guy. He is extremely impressed with the way this is put together. He likes the various features that come in this compact form. He says the recordings are very good. We picked this one, because it came with double the memory, for just a few dollars more than the one with 2gb of memory, so it seemed the better buy. All in all, he is very happy, and is looking forward to using it for his classes.
on December 28, 2012
I had to purchase a digital recorder for an important prep course and to my surprise, this little tiny recorder worked absolutely great!!! It is small, compact, and very lightweight. Lasted 8 hours long and I would easily download all the files daily into my computer. lasts a very long time and has a USB to charge and download to your computer. very easy to use and highly recommend this recorder!!!
on December 15, 2012
I'm really happy with this purchase so far. I wanted a no-fuss, fool-proof device as I hate spend hours trying to install and learn to use a new device. This little fellow is ready to be used in a few minutes, tops. Battery life seemed decent so far, and sound quality is great, although so far I only recorded conversations in environments where background noise was minimal. Overall, good value for the price.
on December 29, 2012
As recorders go, I use mine to record my consultation sessions. I love the fact that I can record my sessions in MP3 format. They sound great. Then I can simply plug it into my Windows PC and copy the files to my computer. The flash card allows me to save many more recordings before I copy it.

Definitely a product I recommend.
on April 28, 2013
Bought this after my Olympus WS600S died unexpectedly after a year & a half. I really liked it, but the battery wasn't rechargeable, so considered the Olympus WS802, but the Sony was a little cheaper & I was worried that the newer Olympus might not be more durable than the old one.

I like the Sony so far- it is very user friendly so you don't have to memorize the manual (or really even spend much time with it once you get the basics down). I had a problem with the design because the 'erase' button is on the other side of the recorder from the 'power' lever. so I kept hitting the 'erase' button when I held the recorder & tried to turn it off. I didn't erase anything accidentally, because the recorder very helpfully gave me a message asking if I really wanted to erase the recording. Once I realized what was going on, I was able to hold the recorder differently & I no longer get those 'do you want to erase?' messages while turning off the recorder. It also took me a while to adjust to the volume being on the side rather than on the front where my old Olympus had its volume buttons- I don't like the placement as well, but it's a minor demerit.

Overall, quite satisfied with the product- it has good sound quality & good features at a reasonable price. Oh, and you can recharge the batteries using your computer's USB port.
on December 12, 2012
I like this recorder - easy to use and no complaints. Love the built-in USB direct plug-in (slides out, easy to use). I use this to record voice interviews and the recordings are clear.