5.0 out of 5 stars worth the extra money over icd-px312
at least for me.

after reading reviews of px312, here are reasons why i chose this over px312 for a little more money:

1. it has an internal usb outlet that SLIDES out, this is great because...

Published on May 9, 2012 by provkitir

2.0 out of 5 stars This should have been described as DISCONTINUED MODEL
Published 12 months ago by Meridians

5.0 out of 5 stars worth the extra money over icd-px312, May 9, 2012
This review is from: Sony ICDUX523BLK Digital Flash Voice Recorder (Office Product)
at least for me.

1. it has an internal usb outlet that SLIDES out, this is great because...

2. it can charge rechargable AAA batteries via usb (recorder only use ONE AAA as opposed to px312's two, and the battery that comes with the product is RECHARGABLE). combined with (1), this means you can conveniently charge your recorder while you transfer recording files to any usb-equipped computer, no need to buy a separate a charger.

3. able to edit existing or your own "scene" (recording area configuration), which isn't in px312. this means you can specify the bitrate, mic sensitivity, low cut filter, etc. that works best for you.

it also has all the pluses of px312: easy of use, nice sound quality, etc. very happy with the decision so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony recorder, November 3, 2012
This product exceeded my expectations. I use it for recording my Pastors sermons and in class. Our church seats 1200 people. Sometimes, I sit in the pews instead of with the choir and I sit halfway toward the alter to give u a somewhat visual. Nevertheless, the recorder is where I'm seated and boy the 1st time I used it to record; after service I listened to the recording and it was so crisp and audible as if I placed it next to the Pastor. A co-worker has one; after listening to his, I immediately ordered one. You won't be disappointed. It has a lot other functons, I useit only to record.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, excellent recording, Dragon-compatible., August 12, 2012
I use Dragon Naturally Speaking for dictating notes from conferences and client appointments. I wanted a digital recorder which I could keep in my briefcase or a pocket and it needed to be compatible with Dragon. The Sony ICDUX523 was top-rated by Nuance, the publishers of Dragon Naturally Speaking, and I've found it to be more accurate than when I use a microphone plugged into my computer. The recorder is light, easy to use, and works great with Dragon. Just what I wanted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, March 5, 2013
Zetau (Nantahala National Forest, US) - See all my reviews
The sound quality for me was most critical, and I don't think I could have asked for more.

I purchased this to do voice overs for YouTube videos. The voice talent sits in a sound booth, wearing a lapel microphone. The mic is plugged into in the input jack on this Sony digital voice recorder which I monitor just outside the room. The sound is incredibly crisp and clean, and with its built-in USB port, I easily plug it into my computer and drag the MP3 files onto the video timeline. There is no background noise, as the levels drop to "zero" when he pauses in between paragraphs.

The one thing that would make this super-sweet for me if it recorded higher than the MP3 192K, but that's just me. I really wouldn't be able to tell if I didn't know.

The unit is smaller than I expected, so I added a photo of it in my hand to show its size.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little recorder but a little complicated, August 24, 2012
Recently I had a need for a small voice recorder and I found this product on Amazon. I was quite amazed at it's small size and power. It has the capacity to record for over 40 hours on a single AAA rechargeable battery. It can also store MP3 songs if you want to use it for that feature.
The instruction booklet is a little bit confusing as there are many many features in this tiny package. The quality of the recorded sound is very good and there is software included so that you can download and playback your recordings on your pc.
If your looking for a feature rich pocket recorder then this Sony digital flash recorder rates a second look, as always Sony will make a nice addition to your audio and recording needs.

Gary in Tennessee

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, September 9, 2012
Bought to record my husband in his car. I was suspicious of his activities. The recorder is easy to use, as I am tech challenged. The VOR feature to record only when noise activated was nice so I didn't have to listen to hours of nothingness. It was also nice that I could listen in 2x fast so that cut down on listening time. Charges easily in a USB port, however it will only last 10 to 12 hours when in VOR mode so it needed to be checked once a day. I was right by the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony ICDUX 523BLK DIGITAL FLASH RECORDER, October 21, 2012
I really like the recorder the only thing I don't like is the volume and sound the speaker gives out.
But I will say that when you hook it up to your computer or listen to it with the ear buds it sounds
great. I use to use a recorder that that had a tape inside it but this recorder is way superior to
the one I had before.
Joe

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony is #1 in my book, December 27, 2012
This little recorder is perfect in size and ability. It fits nicely in pockets, purses, bags taking very little space. It records while inside your pocket or whatever, and the recording is high quality--it picks up voices clear across a large room. Easy to use and has lots of storage space. Sony has done it again, highly recommend this little baby.

2.0 out of 5 stars This should have been described as DISCONTINUED MODEL, August 12, 2013
Meridians (Ft Lauderdale Fl) - See all my reviews
The machine works fine - somewhat. I am unable to connect it to the PC using USB. After destroying the packaging to get the item out, fussing with trying to connect it, I contacted Sony only to be told this model is discontinued. I ordered the current model directly from Sony. If you just want to use this to record and playback without USB connection to your PC, it is fine. The recording sounds best if you use headphones for the playback. The software enclosed does not work with Windows 8, so you cannot import anything even if you download updates and connect via headphone/mic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Use it all the time, January 21, 2013
This little device makes recordings of amazing quality. The built-in microphone does a great job of picking up voices from people sitting around a table. While it has features I'll never use, it did come with software that makes it easy to edit the recordings, manage recording files in file folders, and generally make managing recordings much easier. It is small, charges from my laptop while I download the recordings, and always works. The controls are easy to use (record and stop). I can't think of any features I'd want that it doesn't have, but my uses are simple and have no need for production quality high-fidelity recordings. I just record people talking. It works fabulous for that.

Rate and Discover Movies