5.0 out of 5 stars Great alarm, easy to use.
Published on November 1, 2007 by Jess

3.0 out of 5 stars My 10 year old twins sleep through the alarm!!!
Published on May 20, 2008 by Mrs.Chill

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alarm, easy to use., November 1, 2007
This review is from: Sony ICF-C218 Automatic Time Set Clock Radio (White) (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
What I like about this alarm clock: doesn't take up much room on my nightstand, the time is preset at the factory so all I had to do was set my time zone, the alarm doesn't jolt you awake - it starts out slow and quieter gradually getting faster and louder, you can choose how long you want your snooze to be, and it is so easy to figure out - I first saw this item at Target and was able to figure it out right there while displayed, quite a few of the others baffled me.

Other info: only one alarm time can be set

5.0 out of 5 stars Time reviewer, February 9, 2009
Amazon Customer (Gaithersburg, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This clock is just perfect in our beach house. Actually, I have now bought 3 of these since they are white with our white furniture. They are small and they aren't so bright at night that it is bothersome. I would recommend these clocks. My daughter even wanted one to take off to college with her because of the size, radio and dim light at night.

3.0 out of 5 stars My 10 year old twins sleep through the alarm!!!, May 20, 2008
Mrs.Chill "Mrs.Chill" (Rockville, MD United States) - See all my reviews
I kept having a problem with my 10 year olds forgetting to set their alarms at night or forgetting to reset the clock after an electrical 'hiccup'. Anyway, I bought them each one of these clocks so they'd never have to fuss with the time again. Let me say that part works GREAT! However, they both like to fall asleep listening to music which they have on a very low volume. The 'sleep' feature allows them to set the timer to 90/60/30/0 minutes till shut-off. Since they fall asleep to a low volume music, they are not able to set the wake-up alarm to 'radio'. They'd never hear it. So we set it to 'buzzer'. The sound is not a buzzer. It's a very pleasant beeping which is not that loud at all. If you wake easily this should not be a problem. My two DON'T wake easily. I still find myself having to wake them up. My next move... a foghorn blown from the sofa where I sit drinking my morning joe and watching the news. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tremendous value!!! Great radio-easy to use, attractive, June 17, 2008
After 1.5 years and lots of use, I can say that this radio is a terrific value for the money. It is well designed & attractive with a relatively small footprint. Has a pretty good instruction manual that is easy to follow. Glad I got it. Recommend highly.

I like the idea that you can fall asleep to the radio, have the alarm set on "buzzer", which is actually a gentle beep that gets louder and louder and more insistent till you turn it off. I find I cannot ignore this alarm clock. I couldn't imagine sleeping through it as you can hear it down the hall! (And like many people, who wants to get up from a deep snooze???-no choice with this one.) Never be late or hurried again!

The radio is actually fairly high quality with good sound and quite simple to tune to reception.

I guess an alternative to this effective alarm clock would be a sledge hammer poised to drop on you at the appropriate time. I think I'll take the beeping.................

1.0 out of 5 stars Get something more accurate, January 8, 2010
Edit May 18th 2012

I've owned this clock since January 4, 2010.

It does not tell the accurate time. There is no way to 'set' the time.
It randomly changes time 1 hour. Just today I woke up (Today is May 18, 2012 ) and the time had "set itself" forward one hour.

The only way to correct this is to change the zone of your time. There is no manually setting the time on this clock.
As of right now this clock is 6 minutes fast. There is no possible way to "set" it back to the correct time.

This is frustrating beyond belief. I will NEVER buy another clock from this company ever again.
When you fling yourself out of bed thinking you are an hour late.. When this clock has randomly set itself forward or backward one hour for no reason at all..

This clock is a useless waste of money.. I'll be buying something accurate in the near future. Lucky for me I have several clocks.. At least I know what time it is, but not from looking at this clock.

Also turning off the alarm is frustrating with it's turn dial instead of button.

Thumbs down for this clock...

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right, February 24, 2009
This is just right for what it is....it works just fine, does what it is supposed to do. Sound is fine for casual back ground music and talk radio. Not a replacement for a Bose system or anything like that, but quiet acceptable at a very reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little clock/radio, good value, February 8, 2008
These are great, they have a small "footprint", nice big easy to read numbers and I like the alarm reset button which allows you to turn it off for today but still keep it set for tomorrow.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sony ICF-C218 Mediocre Product, October 1, 2010
I purchased this product based on Sony's alleged reputation for good design and quality performance. Unfortunately, it falls short in both respects. First, the buttons are confusing, and too small for a sleepy person to locate quickly when waking from a sound sleep. Second, the sound quality and FM reception are surprisingly poor in this urban environment (where I use it) with strong, nearby stations. Careful locating of the AC cord helps somewhat, but not enough. A Timex T256 would be a good alternative. I'll donate this clock radio to the next rummage sale.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good compact clock radio, January 21, 2013
The radio sounds good for a product of this size and in this price range and reception is good, as it picks up a radio station that the previous Sony that it replaced did not. I would give it more stars but it seems to randomly come on. I am not sure if we suddenly have a ghost or a friend told me that this unit may be particularly sensitive to power surges and a power surge protector would fix that.

1.0 out of 5 stars Could not find radio stations, October 11, 2012
I have many radios, including two clock radios, around the house. This is the only one that could not find my favorite stations. It would pick up some stations with a very scratchy, muddy sound and then not be able to find them the next day.

I had an old Sony Dream Machine that worked very well for years. I was hoping to replace it with a new one but this one is awful.

Rate and Discover Movies