5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!
The old clock radio finally died and my husband and I thought it would be nice to have a CD player in the bedroom to listen to audio books in bed now and then (yes, I know, but it depends on the book!!). We've found the sound quality on such an inexpensive item to be extremely good, it's easy to tune the radio in and we like the huge time display - I can even see it...
Published on May 27, 2007 by Susan Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars Lacks battery backup and digital radio tuner and has a tiny out of sight manual radio dial
I read the positive reviews on this Sony so I thought I would buy it for my 18 year old daughter who is going off to college in about a month. While this Sony does sound good and has a decent alarm, CD player, and MP3 input, the radio is not only analog, but the dial is off to the side is very tiny. It also has no battery backup!!! If listening to the radio and tuning in...
Published on July 28, 2007 by thetoolman

‹ Previous | 1 2 359 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a display that's not TOO bright!, February 4, 2012
DarkStoneCastle (Hampton Roads - Virginia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony ICF-CD815 AM/FM Stereo CD Clock Radio with Dual Alarm (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
Length:: 9:55 Mins

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE: Falsely Described as Playing MP-3 Encoded CDs!, June 21, 2008
Purchased as a means of listening to MP-3 files on CD-R discs, and although it explicitly describes this capability in the product description, it has no such ability!! It sneered at the cds with mp3 files, and none of the box descriptions nor the scant "manual" mentions this facility. Since others have also reported in earlier reviews, it's disappointing that Amazon hasn't fixed the description yet.

By the way, the tuner wasn't very good at all, either. Sound, what you expect for $40.

5.0 out of 5 stars great basic dual alarm system, February 23, 2012
I have used this alarm for over 5 years with no problems. The only drawback is it doesn't give you the option of a battery backup so when the power goes out you have to reset everything. However, the reset is easily and quickly done. I use a cd to go to sleep every night. So it has been played 365 days for 5 years for over 2,000 uses. I have also taken it with me when I have traveled. The cd no longer works, but everything else does. It has been well worth the money paid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read and listen to., June 1, 2007
DS "metaformer" (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I bough this for my dad as a gift. The fact that it does not have a CD loading mechanism and uses a simple manually opened door is great. It's one less thing that can break and he doesn't have to wait for a slow opening loader. Clock numbers are very large and bright. Sound quality is decent and clear. It's not a full fledged stero system but I didn't expect it to be. It even features an input in the front for digital music players. It does its job competently and has a solid quality constructed feel.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT play MP3 CDs, December 14, 2008
The following statement, from the "Technical Details" section of the product description, is a deceptive claim:

"CD player with CD-R/RW MP3 playback and digital AM/FM tuner"

The CD player is NOT capable of MP3 playback, and the word "MP3" should be deleted from the statement. The next "Technical Details" statement:

"Audio line-in for MP3 players with included cable"

...completely describes the MP3 playback capability of this device. To include "MP3" in both statements implies CD-MP3 playback capability, AND audio line-in MP3 capability, which is deceptive.

This is not a deception by Sony, as nowhere on the product box is this claim made. The responsibility for the deceptive claim lies with the vendor.

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost There!, May 16, 2007
W. Sydnor (San Luis Obispo, California USA) - See all my reviews
I have not purchased this unit, but studied it closely in a local store. It had all the features I liked except two which is why I am writing: (1) no headphone jack; (2) no battery back-up in case the power goes out. Other than that, I liked the size, price, features, and MP3 line in. Just wish it had two more features.

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad I chose this alarm clock!, September 8, 2007
This Sony CD player/alarm clock seems to be a great product so far. I got it for my 7 year old daughter and she has had no trouble operating the unit (I set the alarm for her). Again, the main drawback is the lack of battery back up but other than that I love it. I don't mind that the tuner is analog since digital tuners may skip over low signal stations. I love the Sony quality sound in such a multi purpose application! My main problem now is listening to her single Disney CD over and over and over.... I guess I will have to do more shopping!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, November 29, 2011
I love the dual alarm clock on this radio. The CD player has a good sound. The AM/FM and tuning dials feel a little weird but I'm slowly adjusting to them. Again, for the price this is a very good buy. I also own an Ihome and hated that it did not have a CD player. You can set the alarm to wake you up to radio or CD which is really great!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good CD player, bad radio, October 25, 2011
The description said "digital radio" but it was a lie. The tuner is analog. It is terrible. It is almost impossible to get a radio station to tune in.

The CD player and the clock/alarm are fine. The sound (from a CD) is good for a clock-radio.

If you care about listening to or waking up to the radio, do not buy it.

If you will use it as a CD player and alarm (waking up to the CD), it's fine.

3.0 out of 5 stars not-so dream machine, September 10, 2007
Great product, but it missed the most obvious thing after telling the time and waking you up........ the damn battery back up...whats the point of a clock that cant wake you up if the power has gone out.

other then that. good audio. good interface.

‹ Previous | 1 2 359 | Next ›