Questions & Answers
Sony ICF38 Portable AM/FM Radio (Black)
by Sony
4.4 out of 5 stars (2,190)
$32.25
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 172 questions
votes
Size ? Aug 15, 2013
9 1/2"W,7"H (w/ handle raised).3"D
Aug 31, 2013 by Ed Bouvier
votes
Yes, the AC line cord is attached. No transformer is needed. It's stored in the battery compartment.
Oct 1, 2013 by Neil Paborsky
votes
The radio takes 4 each of the AA size batteries or you can use it plugged in. We like the sound quality of the radio.
Feb 17, 2014 by Gary L. Staton
vote
does it plug in Mar 2, 2015
Yes. It plugs in and can run on batteries.
Mar 2, 2015 by HELENA PAPAS
vote
yes, the headphone jack is located under the volume knob. it only provides mono sound (one ear), but it works fine if you don't need stereo.
Oct 30, 2013 by Jeanne Joe
vote
Hi Marilyn, and well, I can say yes, that it can pick up stations in my building. My building is brick in the front, wood frame in the back. If you live in a high-rise, most of those types of buildings have steel framing, and just as long as you were in a building with windows, I would imagine that your reception would be fine. UPDATE: I had an idea, and I took the radio downstairs into my cellar, which is very old with very thick stone walls and heavy steel I-beams to hold up the floors of the house. The radio performed perfectly, on AM and on FM, so I can say yes, even when surrounded by heavy construction, this radio will perform.
Aug 29, 2013 by Sean Bryant
vote
No, it was "made in China", but not a bad radio.
Aug 22, 2013 by No1Bob
vote
ease of tuning Feb 18, 2014
Hi, I have found that tuning the Sony radio is excellent and precise. It tunes to a station with ease and continues to stay tuned perfectly, until I change to another station. Great radio! I hope that I helped you.
Feb 18, 2014 by thomas c
votes
Specifications say " earphone jack (3.5mm minijack)" hope this helps as I don't use this feature.
Dec 30, 2012 by leighs
votes
Its a small built in wheel for tuning. And what I like about that is, you can slightly roll the wheel back and forth with your finger to "nudge" a weak station into tune.
Jul 28, 2014 by anonymous
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   18   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers