Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Color: White|Change

on July 16, 2014
Clean, simple, aesthetically pleasing design. Not too big, not too small. Adjustable brightness. Solid snooze bar. Radio gets clear signal (at least inside a large NYC building). Speaker is loud and clear. No frills, just another solid entry into Sony's decades-long run of producing excellent digital alarm clocks. The price is right at $20 - this can't be beat.
review image review image
99 comments| 390 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 19, 2014
To be gin clear here, we did not buy this for sound quality and audio performance. We bought this because we needed a nice, clean lined, clearly readable, CHEAP digital clock for our daughter's room. This serves its intended purpose perfectly. See my submitted customer image for size perspective. I fully realize specs are provided, but I prefer to see a visual representation. I'd highly recommend this for a simple, cheap alarm clock. It has a nice orange glow through the translucent white face but the digits are still clean and clear.
review image
0Comment| 286 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 18, 2015
Nice, simple alarm clock. I bought the single alarm version and wake up to the radio (which, by the way, has decent reception and tonal quality). Simply press the alarm reset button to stop it and it's already set for the next morning! As I have it set up, if it's left set by mistake (say you're not home), the radio simply plays for an hour. I purchased the white version because it is easier to see the markings on the controls (especially in dim light). The problem with the white version (as noted by others) is the plastic overlay covering the display allows the LEDs to emit too much light (even on dim setting) and there is also a bright yellow aura or halo around each LED.

Solution... I made a 3 7/8" (10cm) square screen cover from translucent vinyl (actually, using the purple color from a loose leaf divider set, I had sitting around) and taped it over the front. Seems to help considerably. You can experiment for yourself. See before and after photos.
review image review image review image
0Comment| 154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 21, 2014
I have been searching and searching for a nice alarm clock for my bedroom. For me, form is equally important to function. This alarm clock delivers! Let me clarify my criteria. I needed an alarm clock that presented a pleasing light that didn't blind me at night. I also need to be able to see it during the day. Because of this fact, most blue light LED clocks are out because that light annoys me at night. The red lights are also out so I went searching for something soothing. Well Amber is it! This alarm clock display has three levels of brightness. I prefer the medium but low would be good as well.

Next I moved on to form. This product delivers! It has a beautiful design and looks quite elegant. It is the iPod of clocks! It also has a radio which does work but I don't buy clocks for their sound quality. I have a nice stereo for that.

Overall, I receive compliments on this clock from guests and family and would absolutely buy it again. Before purchasing this clock I purchased and returned four other clocks. It's fair to say I'm picky. This clock did not disappoint and I would absolutely buy it again! Great job Sony!
11 comment| 203 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2014
This is a perfect no thrills alarm clock radio. You can select the alarm time and either the beeper or radio as your wake up sound. It's not digital tuning, so if you're constantly changing radio stations, this might not be for. But the radio reception is great, and the power cord is the antenna so there are now weird wires dangling around. The face of the alarm is smooth and glossy and the led display is a soothing amber color that is not too bring for small rooms but perfectly readable. The important buttons to set the alarm time and to turn on the radio is easily accessible and memorizable on top of the radio, while the buttons to set the time are well hidden in the back. Got this from target to save on shipping so that the radio will keep my dog company while I'm away. Does a good job of waking me up too
88 comments| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2014
When the radio is switched off, the amplifier is not. This leaves the speaker outputting white noise, or any other interference that it picks-up. The amplitude is the same, regardless of the volume position. In the still of the night, this makes it very hard for me to fall asleep. It's difficult to imagine why you would design it this way. Reading the [l]users' manual didn't show any way of preventing this.

Overall, I like the aesthetics. The display has three brightness settings, with the lowest being a little bright for nighttime IMO. Unfortunately, I will have to buy another alarm clock, as the white noise is a show-stopper for me.
1717 comments| 186 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2014
I bought this to replace a SONY alarm clock radio that I had for years. Easy to use. Good radio reception for the size. Doesn't take up much room on the nightstand.
on March 26, 2015
When they said this was a 4" cube, I guess I didn't realize how serious they were. Its was a little taller and deeper than I expected it to be, but it still works well for its intended purpose. Haven't noticed any noises like others have claimed. I do feel that given the size, the display should be larger. Other than the that, no complaints thus far.
review image review image review image
on October 6, 2014
Despite the fact that the light has 3 way adjustable brightness-even the dimmest light setting is way too bright and illuminates the whole room. We returned this item.
on June 12, 2014
It is a very good product, good features, good looking and correctly priced. Two things about it though:
* mine was a gift to a 70-year old woman. She was able to set it and set the alarm but the user interface caused some problems and may confuse some people (for example, it has two sets of plus and minus buttons, one for the time one for the alarm, why?). Having said that at least the radio has a couple of analog dials for volume and tuning which is the ideal interface really.
* it is not totally appropriate for any country outside of the US. It has only the time zones for the US and does NOT have a 24-hour setting, only AM-PM. If you can live with setting it manually and reading 7PM instead of 19:00 then you will be fine even outside of the US.