Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 10, 2013
I've been waiting for someone to come out with a Lightning/iPhone 5 alarm clock for some time. Both iHome and Gear4 are (as of this writing) still not actually shipping, and I'm really glad since I'm much happier with this unit by Sony than I would have been with either of those other products. Very small footprint, white on black display (doesn't light up the room in the dark), dual alarms, and a decent iOS app to boot. In fairness, the sound quality is probably not as high-fidelity as some of the iHome offerings will be, but it was certainly good enough for my taste. I also really like the button arrangement, with the A&B alarm buttons on the sides of the unit - makes it very easy to adjust the alarm settings by touch.
1111 comments| 151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2014
I love this alarm clock it is one of the best ones I have ever owned.

1) its nice and small so I still have plenty of space on my night stand.

2) You can actually turn off the display, so the room is not annoyingly lit up at night. Even better is that when the alarm goes off the display comes on dimmed but readable so you can see what time it is but not get blinded.

3) My iPhone 5S docks in a slim line case (Incase metallic slider) and charges rapidly.

4) There are two alarms and settings for the 2, 5, or 7 days so that I can set my alarm for work but don't have to worry about turning it off and on over the weekend.

5) I was quite pleased with the actual radio and the reception, My previous Sony Dream Machine I had to uncoil the entire antenna, and even then I had iffy reception, but with this model I don't really need to worry about the antenna because the reception is so good.

6) For a clock radio the sound is pretty good especially for a clock radio.

7) The dock has a cover on it that hides it away and protects it when not in use.
on November 9, 2014
I have a 5S with iOS 8.1 and this clock radio charges it fine. I have a plastic rubbery case on my iPhone and had to trim a bit off the bottom to make it work, otherwise it won't charge the phone with a case on.
on November 20, 2013
Small footprint is good, it works well with my iphone 5, the clock works fine and the sound from the speakers is fine, BUT (like its predecessor) if you use the radio to wake up to, then it displays the radio station when you wake up (not the TIME!). So if you have it set to station 101.9, every morning you wake up trying to figure out if you overslept or not because the clock says "10:19". AHHHH!
44 comments| 158 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2014
It is December 12, 2014 I just received this product I have an iPhone 6 the product does work and it does charge the phone it is a good product however the only issue is that it will not fit with an OtterBox case therefore every time I use the product I have to take my iPhone six out of the case which is proving to be a pain other than that it's a good product and that's why I gave it four stars
review image review image review image review image
on September 26, 2013
Along with most of the other reviews here, I enjoy this device.

I had the larger version for my old iPhone 3GS and then the 4S with the 30 pin connector. It served me well for over 3 years. I recently upgraded to the iPhone 5S and since it has lightning it was no longer useful. Additionally, I was not keen on using a 30-pin to lightning bolt adapter as I was not confident in the stability of the adapter.

This product works as advertised, out of the box, if you don't use a case. If you do use a case, you're out of luck... sort of.

There is a plastic bar molded around the lightning connector, and this prevents the lightning connector to connect even with thin cases such as the official Apple leather case for the 5/5S. The solution is to dremel down this bar so that the case can go past where the bar normally would be, and voila, now it works without any adapters and you don't have to take the case off!

I knocked off a star for this, because it honestly should be adjustable by now. Hardly anyone uses an iPhone without a case these days, so manufacturers should be considering that when they design their products.

For what it's worth, the larger, 30-pin version needed no such modifications. In fact, it came with plastic inserts for different models of iPhones/iPods. Removing it gave extra room for a case.

All in all, still a good product, but prepare to need to shave down that bar if you don't want to take your case off every time you use it.
review image
66 comments| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2014
Good buy for teen daughter. She's had it for one year and still works great. I never have to wonder if her phone is charged because it goes on the dock every night. She loves the weekend mode, too and I never have to wonder if she remember her alarm come Monday morning. So far, great product.
on November 17, 2013
Reasonably good device for a long time. Unfortunately, they've been using an uncertified charger, which since iOS7 resulted in a warning. Finally, in iOS 7.0.4, Apple has blocked all non certified chargers. This means that this has lost ALL iPhone functions as a result -- will not play, will not charge. Don't expect Apple to change their mind, so don't expect this to be useful anytime soon.
1313 comments| 338 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2014
This clock radio will not charge if your phone is running IOS 7. Spent a hour with Sony on-line customer service who bluntly said that it does not and will not charge under IOS 7, so if you buy this product, you are throwing your money away.
33 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 22, 2014
Dual alarm clocks, easy to set, can be used as a radio alarm or an iPhone alarm. I like the fact you can change the brightness of the clock. I had been using it with the iPhone 5, just bought the 4.7 inch iPhone 6, it is compatible with that phone as well (even with the Apple case, it still fits).