5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Clock Radio with Dock
Nice and easy to use clock and works well with the Sony MP3 player. The only con I found about it was the screen is a little bright even on the low setting, they (Sony) should have an auto off setting so at night it doesn't glare in your face. Other then that it works flawless, and keeps perfect time. Great large numbers too.
Published on November 23, 2010 by Glenn A. Kaetzel

Published on April 22, 2012 by Jamil Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Clock Radio with Dock, November 23, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars orange, September 25, 2011
This review is from: Sony ICFC8WM Walkman Clock Dock - Black (Electronics)
I love this docking station. It actually works they way it is suppose to work. Finding a docking station that works with an MP3 player is not easy. I have picked up others that claimed to work. I had to add additional cables to make the connections work. This is the only one I have found that actually connects directly to to docking station like they are designed to do. They are a ton of choices if you have an ipod. The is the only one I have found that works for an MP3 player. I bought this last March for my son. I am now looking at buying a second one for my daughter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, January 10, 2011
This review is from: Sony ICFC8WM Walkman Clock Dock - Black (Electronics)
Nice to find steroe compatible to Sony Walkman..great for listening and not to have to wear earphones...speakers are not as loud as I anticipated but a good product none the less.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love it, April 24, 2014
This review is from: Sony ICFC8WM Walkman Clock Dock - Black (Electronics)
It picks up XM radio if you are by one and it works great. I don't have the walkman to fit into it I wish that Sony would work more on their own MP3 players instead of making things for IPods.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish they still made it..., January 15, 2013
This review is from: Sony ICFC8WM Walkman Clock Dock - Black (Electronics)
I wish Sony still made this for their Walkman. I don't really like Apple but have always gotten high quality products from Sony, therefore I chose a Walkman over an iPod for an MP3 player. It's a good clock radio with good quality which Sony is good at. Unfortunately, on their website, this product was discontinued. I'm glad I found it on Amazon, though.

2.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Low Quality; Poor Sound From Poorly Positioned Speaker, April 22, 2012
This review is from: Sony ICFC8WM Walkman Clock Dock - Black (Electronics)
This is a cheaply made clock radio device. The single speaker has a very low quality. I use this with my Walkman, and it does not sit securely when docked into it. It's very unstable, and I am forced to use the touch screen controls on the Walkman, because the device only supports play and pause when controlling the Walkman. If you need to do anything else, like go through your stored music on the device, you must do it on the device that wobbles back and forth as you use it.

Secondly, the alarm does not actually work with my Walkman if I am using Sensme. With Sensme selected and a song queued up, the clock radio activates the Walkman, but the Walkman remains in a paused state. It never plays. If I simply choose a music view and not use Sense me with a song queued, the alarm will play music.

Don't waste money on this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Weak FM Tuner, Poor Design, February 9, 2011
This review is from: Sony ICFC8WM Walkman Clock Dock - Black (Electronics)
This particular Dream Machine model made in China is not nearly as good quality as my 25+ year old Sony ICF-C10W Dream Machine made in Taiwan.

First of all, the FM tuner is very weak and unable to pick up some stations that my old one could easily pick up. I'm within the Austin city limits and should have no issues.

Second, many of the controls, like changing the channel or presets, are in the back of the unit, which is very inconvenient to access. You're forced to use the remote control, although it still can't do many things including selecting the Walkman.

Third, I actually had to read the instructions to figure out how to program this, and I can usually figure out most things without the manual. IMHO, it could be better designed.

Further, there are no controls for the Walkman on the Dream Machine nor on the remote. So, the controls on the Walkman become a little more awkward when mounted on the port. And, when my Walkman is fully charged, the screen stays on telling me the battery is full, although it does go off when it's playing. So, I have to manually turn it off, while the Dream Machine still thinks it's on. Again, IMHO, it could be much better designed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to an Ipod docking station, May 10, 2012
This review is from: Sony ICFC8WM Walkman Clock Dock - Black (Electronics)
For her 10th birthday, my daughter wanted a new mp3 player and an alarm clock docking station to go with it. About a month ago, I started looking for something to suit her needs. All the docking stations I found were only designed for an Ipod/Iphone. Sure, you could use an mp3 player with them but they wouldn't sit up in the station like an Ipod plus you need another cord and it wouldn't charge the mp3 player while connected. So I was ecstatic when I came across this unit on Amazon. I had already researched theSony NWZE463BLUE Walkman MP3 player so went ahead and purchased both items. My daughter was thrilled when she opened her presents, just what she wanted.

Setting up the clock was pretty easy once I read through the instructions. It did take me about 15 minutes to figure out how to work all the different options but my daughter picked everything up very easily and has no problem operating everything on her own. There is a sleep option (90, 60, 30 and 15 minute intervals) which I love since my daughter constantly falls asleep to music. There are two different alarms with choices of weekday, weekends or everyday and you choose to wake up either to radio, a buzzer or your mp3 player. Included is an antennae for AM radio but we choose not to set it up since she never listens to AM.

Her Sony Walkman fits easily into the station though we did find that we had to use the docking tray that came with her mp3 player rather than one of the ones that came with the docking station (there are two). The unit will charge the Walkman while its docked. What I didn't realize when looking online was that the right side of the clock slides out for the mp3 slot since there are two docking spots (one for the mp3 player and one for a phone). The sounds is pretty good for such a small and cheap unit, nothing like a BOSE but what do you expect? You can only control the mp3 player using the mp3 player itself but there is a remote that controls the radio and volume.

Overall, we are extremely happy to find such a great, cheaper alternative for an Ipod and Ipod docking station.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Walkman Clock Dock, January 3, 2012
Linda F Fields (Gainesville, FL, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony ICFC8WM Walkman Clock Dock - Black (Electronics)
This was a Christmas gift for our Daughter. She absolutely love it. It has so many more features than we knew. It looks nice on her nightstand and we wished we had purchased it sooner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Clock Dock, December 9, 2011
This review is from: Sony ICFC8WM Walkman Clock Dock - Black (Electronics)
This was a gift for my son and he loved it. It arrived on time in perfect condition. Excellent product.

Sony ICFC8WM Walkman Clock Dock - Black