5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible value
It's worth the price just for Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum. I never imagined I could get this much bang for the buck in a video editor. To also have Sound Forge Studio and Acid Studio on top of that is icing on a very inexpensive cake.

I've primarily used Vegas Movie Studio, so this review will focus exclusively on that product.

If you're looking...
Published on June 21, 2011 by George Dean

1.0 out of 5 stars SONY Customer Support SUCKS!!!
Published on December 19, 2011 by Jerry Hatfield

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible value, June 21, 2011
This review is from: Sony Imagination Studio 2.0 Suite [OLD VERSION] (DVD-ROM)

If you're looking for one of those super-simple video editing programs, one that holds your hand and makes all the decisions for you about what you should and shouldn't be able to do with your videos, then look elsewhere. This is a prosumer program, aimed at users who know enough about video to want access to some professional features, but can't justify paying the professional prices that are charged to businesses. It's a feature-reduced version of the professional software (Vegas Pro), and it shares the same user interface. So it has a learning curve, and it will assault you with a lot of controls that could be hard for some users to decipher. This could be a barrier for some users.

The flipside of that, however, is that this product is staggeringly powerful for a consumer-priced package. Once you start to understand the mindset behind the user interface design, it opens up a world of editing possibilities that less-professional programs would make difficult or impossible to achieve. It's got first-class multitrack audio editing capabilities (after all, Vegas started its life as an audio program before it became a full-fledged video editor) and a surprisingly powerful compositing and filtering engine with lots of plugins. Check the feature comparison chart on Sony's website; you'll be shocked at how few Vegas Pro features are missing from Vegas Movie Studio Platinum.

Don't be put off by the fact that a newer version has been released. The only major feature upgrade in Movie Studio 11 is stereoscopic 3D support. All the rest is minor tweaks. If 3D is something you're interested in - and keep in mind, you'll need a stereo 3D camera to do anything really good - then by all means check out V3 of this suite, or V11 of Vegas Movie Studio; but if you think 3D is as gimmicky and half-baked as I do, or you don't yet have the equipment to properly capture and display stereo 3D, then you're not missing anything by cashing in on these less expensive "outdated" 2010 releases. Maybe V12 will offer something that finally puts this one out to pasture, but until then, this version still has legs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything and More, December 26, 2010
This review is from: Sony Imagination Studio 2.0 Suite [OLD VERSION] (DVD-ROM)
This is a wonderful product for experienced Sony users. I had been surviving on free trials for months and this was a vary cost savvy fix. You get everything you need to create your own professional looking videos and dvds. Sony Vegas 10 is my favorite feature. It edits like a dream. I do warn people that there is a high learning curve to this product. If you haven't used these programs before it may take awhile to get used to them. For example, I'm not too used to dvd Architect. I expect to spend several hours or even days learning it's features. It will be time worth spent I'm sure.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great all round product for editing anything, October 23, 2011
This review is from: Sony Imagination Studio 2.0 Suite [OLD VERSION] (DVD-ROM)
This thing is great! It has the basics for anyone wanting to get into video or music.

Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10: This is a powerful software. The only downside is it doesn't do masking. But their are ways around it other than that I have no other cons. Ii does green screen which is really fun and also basic timeline and filter editing.

Photo go: This is the only eh thing in this package. It is REALLY basic. My windows photo editing software that came with the computer is better. Ended up uninstalling it because I had no real use.

ACID Music Studio 8: Great for making Kareem and some music editing. Once again pretty basic but nice to have.

DVD Architect Studio: Good program . lets you make nice DVD layout. Haven't really used it so that is kind of all I can say.

Sound Forge Audio Studio 10: I haven't used this at all but it looks good.

Overall I'm happy I purchased this. I gave one to a friend of mine and he's been messing with it, learning it with me. Sony Vegas is complex so you can learn it but basic video terms should be known. I have been using tutorials online to help me get started.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony Suite is Sweet, May 29, 2011
This review is from: Sony Imagination Studio 2.0 Suite [OLD VERSION] (DVD-ROM)
I just finished installing The Sony Imagination Suite on my laptop and was quite impressed with the installed programs. Though not as unique as my Sony Vegas Pro, I give this package 5 stars for value and content.

I recommend this for the intermediate movie-maker and with its "How-To" tutorials and PDF's, one can get up and start making great movies. Though a laptop can be limiting if one doesn't have a dedicated video card, one can still do it alright.

If you can find the listing for Shoppe Bayou, like I did on Amazon; the price was unbelievable. That with the shipping to Hawaii, I would recommend it to everybody reading this review.

I like the Sony Suites because they are very well put together for us old timers, the price and features are what I look for in an editing program and if you get one that's cheap and doable, that's fine.

One can do a Final Cut Pro but that's on a Mac. How many of us can afford that. Just give a suitable laptop. a HP Probook i5-2410s, like the one I got recently on Amazon, under $700, + this Suite and its 'Happy Days' from now on.

June 15.
I just upped my HP 4530s to 8GB. It was the best upgrade I could have done and it really works fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Steep learning curve, November 21, 2011
This review is from: Sony Imagination Studio 2.0 Suite [OLD VERSION] (DVD-ROM)
My wife bought me Hitachi HD video camera a few years back, then appointed me family videographer. The Hitachi video editing software was fairly worthless, so I moved on to Pinnacle Studio Plus 11, which was expensive and awful. I finally settled on Nero 8, which got the job done OK. I recently switched to Windows 7, so I took a chance on the reasonably-priced Sony Imagination Studio.

As others have noted, there is a very steep learning curve with this software, and the included digital manual wasn't much help. There are some fairly expensive manuals available on Amazon, but you would think Sony would have included better documentation with such complicated, versatile software. I spent about ten hours beating my head against a wall with the Sony Vegas Movie Studio and the DVD Architect Studio before it started making sense.

Once I got things figured out, I was able to put together a very nice wedding video for my nephew and burn it on DVD in the space of a few hours. This is very capable software and the family was very impressed with the results.

The 360 royalty-free music soundtracks turned out to be pretty lame. You get multiple variations of the same generic music for weddings, etc. Might be useful someday, I guess.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plays nice with my 3 year old homebuilt., January 7, 2012
This review is from: Sony Imagination Studio 2.0 Suite [OLD VERSION] (DVD-ROM)
Initially the video editing program looked confusing when compared to others that I've used in the past. Found a YouTube video that suggested a way to make it look more traditional (playback window, timelines, effects and media) and it became much less intimidating. A wealth of other helpful and inspiring material for Sony Vegas Pro 10 exist online that makes learning it fun. I have an older version of Acid Music Studio that I love and this newer version is even better. As far as the other programs in the suite go I haven't done much but install and look them over. I will say that it's hard not to be impressed with the overall value of the package. I bought a second copy for my 10 year old grandson and we're having a blast creating together. I highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars worked for me, September 29, 2011
This review is from: Sony Imagination Studio 2.0 Suite [OLD VERSION] (DVD-ROM)
I use this software to edit .mov video files that I create with my camcorder.
I was a little skeptical buying this software because I was not sure it would work with .mov files, but I have not had any issues so far. For a inexpensive consumer editor, sony vegas movie studio gets the job done. If you want more editing power then you might want to get vegas pro which cost a whole lot more. the software also came with a lot of sound effects.

1.0 out of 5 stars SONY Customer Support SUCKS!!!, December 19, 2011
This review is from: Sony Imagination Studio 2.0 Suite [OLD VERSION] (DVD-ROM)
Product would do everything that a person could want from video editing software BUT SONY will not accept my registration, will not unlock the software, trial version has expired so it is USELESS!!!!! I've wasted almost 3 weeks going back and forth via e-mail and phone, doing everything that they asked and here I am about to go to Fry's and get something that I can actually use. VERY UNHAPPY!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, March 20, 2014
This review is from: Sony Imagination Studio 2.0 Suite [OLD VERSION] (DVD-ROM)
I have a home recording studio and this was more than enough. I needed SF10 to run my most recent Waves Plugins and it was perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got it for my daughter, March 4, 2014
This review is from: Sony Imagination Studio 2.0 Suite [OLD VERSION] (DVD-ROM)
Got it for my daughter and she's a techy...didn't receive any complaints even though it's an older version. I think for what you get in this software for the price it's a good deal.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xd81099c0)

Sony Imagination Studio 2.0 Suite [OLD VERSION]
Sony Imagination Studio 2.0 Suite [OLD VERSION] by Sony Creative Software (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
$179.95 $23.00