|Sports, movies and games fill the big screen with incredible detail of Full HD 1080p with Clear Resolution Enhancer, and the remarkable motion clarity of Motionflow XR 240. Internet connectivity is at your fingertips with built-in Wi-Fi, so you can access HD movies, music and more from Amazon Instant Video, Netflix and others1. || |
So bright and so thin
Powerful yet thin LEDs deliver a radically brighter picture than conventional LCD backlighting. They also help achieve an ultra-slim TV design that looks beautiful in your home. What's more, Sony's Edge LED Backlight technology delivers outstanding contrast, rich colors and enhanced dark-scene detail.
Watch the football retain its detail during a kickoff and move smoothly as the camera follows it from left to right. Even quick motion seen in action movies appears amazingly realistic as Motionflow XR 240 technology, which takes motion clarity beyond refresh rates, smoothes out the picture where the camera can't for clearer and more natural movement.
Fine details and textures appear in whatever you’re watching, even in flat areas. Powered by Sony’s advanced noise reduction algorithm, this technology boosts image clarity with heightened contrast and depth that you won’t find on most televisions.
For DIRECTV customers with a Genie Whole-Home HD DVR, the Sony R550A series allows you to enjoy full DIRECTV service and HD DVR functionality without an additional receiver. Place the Genie Whole-Home HD DVR in any room of the house and enjoy the clean look of your big screen on the wall without the clutter of connecting a DIRECTV receiver to it3.
Go beyond cable with
Wirelessly stream beautiful, HD entertainment straight from the internet or your home network using built-in Wi-Fi connectivity and open the door to the endless entertainment of the Sony Entertainment Network, where thousands of movies, TV shows, online videos, games and music are always at your fingertips. By connecting to the Internet you can access Full HD 1080p entertainment, 3D content and made-for-TV apps like Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, Pandora, YouTube, Facebook and more1.
Your smartphone, now on TV
Movies, music and apps from your smartphone can now be viewed big on your TV. With two ways to connect Android phones and tablets to the R550A, Sony is helping you add value to the entertainment you already own2,5.
|Your smartphone, now on TV |
Movies, music and apps from your smartphone can now be viewed big on your TV. With two ways to connect Android phones and tablets to the R550A, Sony is helping you add value to the entertainment you already own.
1. Using a Mobile High Definition Link cable, you can connect your smartphone to the TV to literally “mirror” what’s seen on the smartphone screen. Video, photos and apps are re-sized and scaled to fit the larger TV screen. You can then use the TV remote to navigate the phone, while it’s charging from the TV5.
2. Using screen mirroring technology, you can connect phones that are Miracast enabled to the TV2.
| ||Theater-like 3D |
Using the same passive 3D technology used in movie theaters, feel the explosive excitement of theater-like 3D. Even the sound profile is enhanced for 3D viewing to provide a more immersive experience4. Slip on the latest generation of light, comfortable 3D glasses to enjoy your favorite 3D movies. Four pairs included.
| ||Against the grain |
Dazzle the whole family with ultra-crisp HD clarity and less grain. Digital Noise Reduction enhances detail in whatever you're watching with meticulous processing. It even helps clean up video from USB and other PC sources so the picture looks pristine and vivid.
1. Broadband speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended (10 Mbps for HD). Content subject to change and may require fees. Wireless connectivity requires 802.11 home network (802.11n recommended).
2. Requires smartphone with Wi-Fi certified Miracast technology. Certain formats are not supported.
3. Requires compatible DIRECTV Genie Whole Home HD DVR and TV be connected to the same wireless home network.
4. Requires 3D content, 3D player, HDMI cable (at least 10.2 Gbps) sold separately.
5. Requires Mobile High Definition Link-compatible smartphone to be connected to the TV with a Mobile High Definition Link cable, sold separately.
6. Actual panel resolution of XBR‐X900A 4K Ultra HD TV is 3,840 x 2,160 pixels (in 16:9 aspect ratio). HDTVs have a panel resolution of 1,920 x 1080 pixels.
7. 65 Watts total power (20+20+12.5+12.5)