5.0 out of 5 stars The best bang for your buck>
I bought the Sony KDL-40v4150 around 10/01/08 for around $950.00 which was part of a package deal (TV, Blue ray DVD, and theater system). The whole package cost about $1399.

To setup the TV was simple. I bought the HDMI cables for under $5.00 (6 foot) from [...].

Published on November 10, 2008 by S. GALAYDA

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit the dust after only 3 years
Was very pleased until the picture suddenly went dark at just past 3 years. Diagnosis is a bad tcon board, which seems to be unavailable. Service & repair cost would total $360 if the part could be found. It's bad enough that a SONY would fail so prematurely, but the part can't be found?!!? Extremely disappointed & no longer a Sony customer.
Published 20 months ago by Lola Cola

5.0 out of 5 stars The best bang for your buck>, November 10, 2008
This review is from: Sony KDL40V4150 (Personal Computers)

The picture is excellent and the sound is good (without the theater system). All LCD TV's have only two small speakers so do not expect too much from them. However, if you connect the LCD TV to a sound system- WOW. The sound is GREAT!

I bought the package from PC Richards. They wanted me to buy the HDMI cables for $79- ya right. Do not be fooled by the sale pitch that all stores will give you. Buy the HDMI cables from [...].

Also- to set up the Sony LCD TV with all of the listed (TV, Blue ray DVD, and theater system) will take a little more time. However, the directions are clear and easy to read.

Lastly- the Sony KDL-40v4150 is a new model but is the same as the KDL-40v4100. I do not think there are many differences but the KDL-40v4150 has a 18 month war. the KDL-40v4100 has 12 months.

Overall- you get what you pay for. I have had Sony products before and never had any problems. This LCD TV looks to have a solid built but is light enough to move around.

Again- the picture quality is really nice and even better with HD channels and really great with the Blue ray DVD player.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Picture -Don't Believe 120hz, January 11, 2009
This review is from: Sony KDL40V4150 (Personal Computers)
This is a great value. The picture is superb. I own a comparable 120hz Samsung which is also great, I have got to be honest I wish I had saved the extra $150 and gotten the Samsung with 60hz the "jutter" /shaky issue is bull.There is no noticeable difference and no noticeable "jutter.Both have great pictures with blu ray videos and live action sports.Just more hype to get more $$ from consumers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent lcd tv, January 7, 2009
This review is from: Sony KDL40V4150 (Personal Computers)
The Sony KDL-40V4150 appears to have very few differences when compared to the Sony KDL-40V4100, but it does have an extra 6 months on the manufacturer warranty. The picture is outstanding, even in a daylight bright room. In fact, the default "Vivid" picture setting is a bit too bright, but the "Standard" setting works out just right for us with no additional picture tweaks. 1080p and BluRay are simply incredible, enough said. I was a bit concerned that this is not a 120hz set, but I have not found any blurring or stuttering problems with movies or fast action sports. My old eyes may simply not be fast enough! Sound from the speakers is plenty loud and clear for an average family room, but movies are best with a surround system cranked up. I use a single very inexpensive (search Amazon) HDMI cable between the cable box and the tv, and another between BluRay and the tv. They both work great ... no cable mess behind the tv. Currently I run audio out from the tv to a basic surround system that I turn on for movies. This simple setup may get more complex when I install a new home entertainment system with its own HDMI switching and upconverting!

Only complaints ... there can be a long delay when switching channels, but most of that seems to be caused by the cable box. With a direct antenna feed the tv channels switch very quickly. Also, I can't program either the tv remote or the cable box remote to handle all necessary functions, so I find myself with a remote in each hand fairly often.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Pleased!!, February 25, 2009
Ramesh Soni (Indiana, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony KDL40V4150 (Personal Computers)
I bought this TV at B&H Photo for $70 less than the S-series available at Walmart and V-series has a lot more features and capabilities than the S-series product. I am very pleased with the picture quality, sound and various features. I have watched a few fast-action movies have noticed no blurring as reported for other brands of 60Hz TV. I am also surprised that the digital out (optical) from TV connected to my audio receiver not only carries the digital sounds from DVD players, DirectV receiver, and rooftop antenna but also it appears that the analog sound from VCR is piped out of the optical digital output (I did not expect that at all). The 4-HDMI connections are more than plenty as I don't expect to use more than 3 at the most (using only two at this time). Picture quality for SD TV is fine but HD is superb. It has the capability to adjust the backlight intensity with the lighting in the room. Oh, the most pleasing thing...I have windows facing the TV (right behind me) and even with a bright sun, I don't see any glare on the screen (of course the shiny frame does have glare). It used to be a major problem with my old tube TV and I could not watch TV without my window shades drawn.

I love the TV guide feature for off-the-air channels (if picks up TV guide coded in the signal)...amazing. PAP/PIP work only if one of the inputs is cable/antenna...so, it is somewhat limited; but I have hardly used PAP/PIP in the two weeks of owning this TV.

There is one feature I wish it had: my 32" Vizio has a "panoramic screen" option for SD channels. The panoramic screen leaves the center of the picture unchanged but stretches the content away from the center to fill the screen. Sony 4150 does not have that feature.

I still cannot figure out why this TV (4150) is cheaper than 4100 even though 4150 has longer warranty (18 months as compare to 12 months). People say that 4100 and 4150 are "quite" the same except the warranty length...but I don't know what exactly are the differences (if any, apart from the warranty length).

Unfortunately, there is no description of 4150 model on the Sony website.

Overall, I am please to have spend $130 more than the the Phillips 42" TV I was seriously considering at Walmart. Sony V4150 has a lot more features and definitely far better picture and sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the TV, February 24, 2009
This review is from: Sony KDL40V4150 (Personal Computers)
This was a great purchase. Easy to set up. I did have a friend help me to slip the TV into its base. Selecting the channels to watch and those not to watch (delete) was relatively easy to do. The colors are amazing and I suppose they could be even better if I took the time and effort to make them so, but they were amazing just as they were when the TV was put on the first time. The 1080 TV is something else in the sense that when I watch individual persons on shows or the news, you can see all the zits, pimples, and makeup of stars and newscasters. You could also see who's really beautiful and who's really not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony as a System, November 23, 2008
Bob Noland (Ridgecrest, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony KDL40V4150 (Personal Computers)
I purchased a Sony Bravia because I wanted a TV that was, among other things, integrated with other entertainment components so that it could be enjoyed with only one remote. I have my TV integrated with a Sony BD Player and a 3.1 surround sound system. I am using the AV System remote to control all the components. They are working together with no problems now that I have read the instructions and schooled myself on which buttons to press to turn things on or off. Using the single control I am able to access the menus of each of 3 components.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit the dust after only 3 years, August 22, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this TV, December 30, 2009
This review is from: Sony KDL40V4150 (Personal Computers)
This is my first wide screen TV. It was very easy to set up; even for a 64 year old guy. Connections to the cable box and DVD player were extremely easy. I highly recommend this for folks like me who are not experienced with HDMI and all of the other stuff that comes with the new digital and HD devices. From carton to viewing took less than an hour including connections. I had help from my son, but as it turns out; I could have done it alone. I recommend using help when you can get only because it is a great bonding experience; especially when everything goes right.

So far, I haven't had to refer to the instructions to use the set (after a week of regular use). I found the remote easy to figure out and kind of fun to play with. 40" inch screen is about right for our family room and a big step up from the 32" screen we had been using.

Picture quality is superb for HD TV stations. Yesterday I upgraded our Comcast cable box to HD and the difference is remarkable. I made all of the changes myself; it was a snap - unplugging and plugging in stuff - no instructions - no problems - no calls to Comcast (or to my son). So yes, as other reviewer commented you will absolutely want to upgrade your cable box if you have one. Images from TV stations on the old cable box was grainy and some of the words were difficult to read; I felt like I was going to get a headache trying to focus using the old cable box.

ARRAY(0xa15fb744)