5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Picture and Easy Smart TV setup
Published 3 months ago by Paul Norman

3.0 out of 5 stars I really love Sony TVs
I really love Sony TVs, and I paid a really high price for this 60" and specially because a month later the price dropped a couple hundred dollars. The TV totally meets what you would expect from a Sony TV. but the smart features are really bad and it fails a lot. The sound is okay, not the best, but considering other brands it is good enough. The colors are bright...
Published 5 days ago by Ray

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Picture and Easy Smart TV setup, June 15, 2014
This review is from: Sony KDL60W630B 60-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED TV (Electronics)
One of the best pictures for the money. I originally bought a 60 inch Sharp, but noticed my 7 year old Sony XBR 46 inch still had a better picture. I spent at least a day trying every recommended setting I could find, but had no luck. I took back the TV and immediately replaced it with this Sony. I spent about $300 more, but it was well worth it. I can not stop watching this great picture, and I have not had a chance to fine tune the settings yet except for turning off the motion enhancement.

I was not looking for a smart TV, but I will say the setup and use of the features are very easy.

This TV does not have 3D capabilities, but I have never had the desire to watch TV that requires special glasses to enjoy.

You can't go wrong with this TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Great picture, great sound., June 29, 2014
mike macchiorola (Venice Fl. United States) - See all my reviews
We were looking for a replacement for our 5 year old 47" Samsung. The sound on that tv made it difficult to hear dialog from movies and some shows (24, The Killing). We were satisfied with the picture on the Samsung.

Delivery from Amazon was fast and good. Common carrier truck delivery to the door.

This Sony has a great picture and a very good sound for built in speakers on a slim TV. It worked great out of the box and is very easy to use. Setup was easy, I was able to connect easily to my wireless. The picture is excellent on broadcast TV, HD, and movies. We watched Non Stop and understood all of the dialog, pretty good for a movie of that type.

The smart features were good but I will still bounce between my Samsung smart Blue ray and the Sony Smart engine.

For the money it gets a well deserved 5 star. Sony has a winner in this TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set-up Good Video & Audio Quality, July 18, 2014
Easy to set-up. I was surprised by the full sound coming from the just TV speakers. It seems as it was connected to an audio system.
I did connect my Bose system to my Blu-ray player for the home theater effect. Great Buy. This is actually my second Sony Bravia.

I bought this set to replace my Sony Bravia LCD, I was impressed with it's video clarity, but when I got this TV Sony Bravia LED, I was blown away with it's video and audio clarity. You can see details, I mean like every blade of grass. I'm still weighing my options whether to get a Sony Soundbar with wireless sub woofer for this set, but right now I'm very satisfied with it's audio quality as it has a surround sound feature and a football sound mode for that "stadium effect." TV settings are already very good in its "out of the box" settings. You will be tempted to play around with various video & audio mode settings to suit your individual preferences. Never fear as it has a reset button to reset it again in its factory default settings in case you forgot what settings you adjusted your TV to. Oops I almost forgot it is easy to set up or connect with your internet. Anyway highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful., July 9, 2014
Tiaramonkeybird "Tiaramonkeybird" (Healdsburg, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
The picture is beautiful. The sound is good. It is easy to set up. Now, I'm not very qualified to review TVs since I haven't had a TV for four months, and I haven't purchased a new one for....gee...the last one was 20" and square.TV is just something to do if you are tired, but it is too early to go to sleep. I haven't even connected it to the cable, but it is great for watching Amazon Prime or Netflix.

So, when you buy it from Amazon, it is delivered by a company that is very service oriented. I thought they would just drop the box on my doorstep, but they unpacked it and attached the stand and had it on and ready to program.

Added 7/20/14: I just read "Docs" review and have to agree with his point. I can't tell you how many times I have accidentally pressed the "home" button and ended up back at square one. The remote could have been designed much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price for features and size, July 6, 2014
Great price for these features and size. Great picture. Very satisfied at this point. Just received it so I will update if things change.

It's been over 2 weeks now so I'll add that Amazon was extremely accommodating with shipping issues related to the return of the smaller TV and with the honoring of its low price guarantee of this larger unit. I can't say enough about their great service. Also, I appreciate this TV even more now that I can really reflect on all of its features and value. Very happy not only with the TV, but also about purchasing it from Amazon. 2 for 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should have this Sony TV, August 29, 2014
Fantastic picture. My husband is legally blind and unable to see TV clearly, everything was fuzzy. He had to use binoculars to watch a program. This TV is so fantastic with its great picture that he can now watch TV and see every feature, read the print on commercials, etc., without being forced to use binoculars. I don't even know where the binoculars are since receiving this TV. Cannot rave enough about this TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Picture, Loaded with Features, August 26, 2014
Don (SAN DIEGO, CA, US) - See all my reviews
All I can say is that I wish I'd purchased this set long ago! This 60" flat screen is loaded with features. The "smart" features include applets for all the video streaming services (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Crackle, YouTube) which makes it really easy to tune in to your favorite streaming services. If you're into YouTube it's a snap to pair your phone with the TV which makes it ultra easy to control YouTube from your phone. There are plenty of HDMI ports and if you want to connect to external audio the digital optical connectors make it super easy. The internal speakers are pretty decent but to get the real audio you'll want an external system. All around this is a dynamite set and I couldn't be happier with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Colors are great as expected, September 1, 2014
Colors are great as expected. Internal speakers sound was weak compared to my other Sony 40" Bravia. Also, although the sound effects and music was loud, the spoken words were very soft and hard to hear. Luckily found a setting that you can zoom "voice". Not sure of the main purpose, but when this zoom setting was increased, the people's voices seamed to be louder. Now I can have the volume setting at 35-40 vs originally 50-65 in order to hear what is spoken.

4.0 out of 5 stars TV real good, delivery not so., September 12, 2014
waited a couple of weeks before writing this review just so i can experience a little more. the TV is excellent overall just like what you would expect from Sony. the initial set up was pretty straight forward but like others have noticed the remote control has this odd design when you can mistakenly press home button easily.

i did tweek a little bit for picture quality based on my room brightness and the picture is live and bright. not noticing any blur with default setting. i can notice the difference between this one and the 720 set it replaces instantly on resolution and fineness. happy the upgrade is obvious.

i am not into online movies or gaming etc. so didn't really try netflix or other "smart" features. i do not even subscribe cable or dish, just use $20 GE HDTV attenna for programs (close to 30 free channels in my area). the TV tuner works well with the antenna and all these free programs, whether 1080, 720, 480 or 3:4, are very clear. so i am very happy with this Sony set so far.

the reason for the 4 star has nothing to do with the TV itself so may be this is unfair to Sony, but the delivery was unsatisfactory so i have to point it out somehow. i bought the TV from Amazon based on people's excellent review on their services. it was scheduled to deliver in 10 days after the purchase. i waited until the last min within the Amazon email indicated delivery window to call only to find out it's still thousand of miles away or not even scheduled that day. no one called or emailed before hand for this delay and it seems the rep on the phone could not explain either. Amazon did refund me a small portion of the cost for missed delivery and rescheduled a few days later. but having to wait all morning with no one shows up or call, the experience was not that good. i have to think about my prime membership renewal again because of this.

5.0 out of 5 stars gotta love Sony, September 15, 2014
great tv! I had a 46" Sony Bravia before and loved the interface. The 60" screen is very clear and crisp. I think display wise, you can't really go wrong with any of the sony, samsung, lg etc. It's really with your own comfort level with each brand.

The features on the TV are hard to compare with the specs since they are not detailed well.
The awesome features I like about this Sony tv are:

-Miracast - can cast phone/tablet/surface pro3 screen to TV (if your device supports it)
-remote control acts as a mini universal control (can control blu ray player hooked up through hdmi)
-auto device turn on- when I pop a disc in the blu ray player, the tv automatically turns on and changes input to it
-allows youtube pairing without chromecast (www.youtube.com/pair)

I do find the sound system on the TV more than sufficient for even people who watch movies all the time. If you really want the boom, then you need to get a sub.

In addition, I hooked up my PC in the other room using a 50' hdmi cable and it works flawlessly with wireless mouse/keyboard.

I don't like how there are no buttons on the remote to quickly go through "favorite" channels. You have to press discover, than click to each marked channel.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›