|The cinema comes home with the immersive experience of the world’s first curved LED HDTV. This all-in-one cinema experience for your home combines a slight curve similar to movie theaters with more brilliant colors than ever before and a powerful angled speaker surround experience for the complete home theater like never before. || |
| || |
| || |
More brilliant color than See a wider range and more brilliant colors than ever with Sony's unique TRILUMINOS display, giving you our most authentic viewing experience ever. Hard-to-reproduce reds, aqua blues and emerald greens are displayed beautifully, so landscapes and seascapes look more vivid, while faces look better with more natural skin tones.
| || |
| || || |
|Moves like real life |
Golf balls roll clearly, with less blurring, as the camera follows them across the green. Footballs retain their detail and move smoothly as the camera pans quickly during a kickoff. Even quick motion seen in action movies appears amazingly realistic as Motionflow
XR 480 takes motion clarity beyond refresh rates, which are only measured in Hz, to double the motion effect for lifelike clarity.
Go beyond cable with built-in Wi-Fi
Wirelessly stream beautiful, HD entertainment straight from the internet or your home network using built-in
Wi-Fi connectivity and open the door to the endless entertainment of the Sony Entertainment Network, where thousands of movies, TV shows, online videos, games and music are always at your fingertips. By connecting to the Internet you can access Full HD 1080p entertainment, 3D content and made-for-TV apps like Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, Pandora, YouTube, Facebook and more1.
Life-sized video calls
It's like they're in the room with you. Skype video calls bring your family and friends closer than ever as they appear as large as life on your big screen1. Just connect the easy-to-use Skype camera (sold separately) for a face-to-face look at the caller on the beauty of your Sony HDTV.
| ||Your smartphone, now on TV |
Movies, music and apps from your smartphone can now be viewed big on your TV. With three ways to connect Android phones and tablets to the S990A, Sony is helping you add value to the entertainment you already own.
1. Using a Mobile High Definition Link cable, you can connect your smartphone to the TV to literally “mirror” what’s seen on the smartphone screen. Video, photos and apps are re-sized and scaled to fit the larger TV screen. You can then use the TV remote to navigate the phone, while it’s charging from the TV5.
2. Using screen mirroring technology, you can connect phones that are Miracast enabled to the TV2.
3. Using One-Touch Mirroring with NFC technology, briefly place your compatible Xperia smartphone to the one-touch remote. You’ll instantly be able to view exactly what is on your smartphone’s screen on the TV6.
| ||Theater-like 3D |
Using the same passive 3D technology used in movie theaters, feel the explosive excitement of theater-like 3D. Even the sound profile is enhanced for 3D viewing to provide a more immersive experience3. Slip on the latest generation of light, comfortable 3D glasses to enjoy your favorite 3D movies. Four pair of glasses included.
Control TV with your smartphone
Get more from watching television with TV SideView. Control the TV or browse the channel guide with your smartphone or tablet (Android or iOS), all without having to minimize what you’re watching on the TV. Learn more about the show you’re watching right now, like cast and episode details. Search what’s available to watch on TV, internet videos and apps like Netflix. Once you find what you want to watch, you can select to view it on the TV. Make TV viewing more social by Tweeting about the show from your mobile device4.
1. Broadband speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended (10 Mbps for HD). Content subject to change and may require fees. Wireless connectivity requires 802.11 home network (802.11n recommended). Skype requires CMU-BR100 camera sold sep. Subject to Skype's terms and conditions.
2. Requires smartphone with Wi-Fi certified Miracast technology. Certain formats are not supported. The video quality may be degraded due to environmental interference.
3. Requires 3D content, 3D player, HDMI cable (at least 10.2 Gbps) sold separately.
4. Requires active internet connection and devices connected to the same wireless home network.
5. Requires Mobile High Definition Link-compatible smartphone to be connected to the TV with a Mobile High Definition Link cable, sold separately.
6. Requires compatible Near Field Communication (NFC)-enabled Xperia smartphone. Certain formats are not supported. The video quality may be degraded due to environmental interference.
7. Purchase by 3/31/2014 and redeem by 4/30/2014. Consumers who purchase a qualifying new 2013 Sony BRAVIA TV will receive a 12 month subscription to Netflix Unlimited Streaming service and Hulu Plus service on the $7.99/month plans. New, existing and past Netflix subscribers are eligible for the Netflix offer. Credit card is required to redeem the Hulu Plus offer and is open only to new subscribers.
8. 40 Watts total power (10+10+10+10).