5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, awesome looks and picture quality.
Published on March 15, 2005 by Luigi

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad experience!
I purchased this Sony KV-32FS320 TV from Circuit city on 16th September and they delivered it next day and we were very happy to find the excellent picture quality, the Memory Stick Media slot lets you display photos etc.

Published on November 3, 2004 by A. Deepak

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, awesome looks and picture quality., March 15, 2005
Luigi (NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony KV-32FS320 32-Inch FD Trinitron WEGA Flat-Screen TV (Electronics)
This set is aesthetically elegant and pleasing to the eye and it definitely will look great in anyone's living room and/or home theater. The tv comes with many inputs and it is very flexible in terms of matching any equipment you might have. The sound is also very clear and I find that the 'simulated' setting enhances the voice's loudness and clarity at the expense of musical dynamics which is not a bad thing when you watch a movie or anything with a lot of dialogue, otherwise the 'wow' setting will do. But what really sets apart this set from the rest of them is the picture quality, clarity, depth, detail, contrast and overall color fidelity (notice that there is no color bleeding either), if properly adjusted, is simply amazing. I am shocked at the amount of people that watch tv using the picture factory setting, with this set (as with any other) the picture settings must be adjusted to match a more lifelike quality, fortunately this set make this process very quick and simple and the menus are well organized and very intuitive to use. Only small nicks I have are that the dark scenes have a tendency to lose some black detail (like a collar and/or pocket on a black suit) and at times the people's faces might have a very slight tendency toward the orange/purple/reddish spectrum (very minor however) and I was unable to improve to a 100% satisfaction factor (I like to emphasize that these minor problem I just described are really really small and are hard to notice unless you scrutinize the image). One more thing, knowing the poor service that SONY provides to their customers, I strongly recommend buying an extended warranty if available (I bought a 5 years one), you'll be glad you did if any problem arises. Overall I am fully satisfied with this set and I don't feel the need to complicate my life with an HDTV set, which (to my opinion) is an overrated technology which benefit mostly the companies behind it rather than the consumer. By the way, One of the video features is an edge enhancer that causes a harsh artificial edge to show on elements in the picture and makes small writing hard to read, I recommend to keep this feature turned off. Overall: EXCELLENT.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad experience!, November 3, 2004

Our happiness has not lasted long, on 26th October (within 40 days after purchasing) the TV stopped working automatically and there is no sound and picture. We called Sony service and talked about the problem. To our great surprise they declined to send their service team to in-home service as they said they dont have in-home serive in our area eventhough we are eligible for in-home service(Concord, NH !). They asked me to contact their authroised dealer some 30 miles away. It was great pain to get them online as their phones were always busy! After making my case with the serivce centere, there was no response from them for many days. Calling Sony Customer service many times yeild no result as they asked same question again and again and nobdoy there know how to solve my problem ! IF you are expecting 'Sony Standard' in their Customer serivce, then dont buy any Sony stuff anymore. I am one of the loyal customer for Sony products many years as most my electronic items are Sony. I am so disappointed with the performance of Sony now. I dont know what to do with my TV now !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Here are a few more details....HDTV?, February 9, 2007
It weighs 160 pounds, so you'll need 2+ strong people to unpack it and lift it into place (thus saving the $50-75 delivery fee). At this weight, you'll not be returning this to the store for service; plan accordingly. There is one good concealed handhold molded into each side for lifting. The box itself has two pairs of good handholds. The base of the TV is about 4" narrower than the unit itself, so you may not need a new base or swivel table.

Open the box at the store; there are too many reports of concealed damage and vandalism lately.

The remote is much simpler than my previous Sonys, and seems to include everything that's necessary.

Be aware that there are no Audio Out jacks, so you can't feed it into your stereo. You may want to connect your cables before you install the unit, as the jacks are cleverly placed waaaaay in the back so you can only reach them with difficulty.

The Trinitron picture is better than that of other manufacturers, in most people's opinion. Although it will cost more than the others, the image is why you will choose and enjoy this model. This will be our fourth Sony; we've owned them for many decades with good satisfaction.

If you are considering so-called HDTV as an alternative, be aware that 99% of what is coming in your house is old Standard TV (SDTV), just like this Sony. Your old DVD players (and DVDs) are NOT HDTV. Your old cable box is NOT HDTV. If you want HDTV, you can buy a few premium HDTV channels from your cable company, but you'll need to pay extra, and also need a new HDTV cable box--and the other 100 channels will remain SDTV.

You can actually use this Sony to tune HDTV off the air, but you will need a separate antenna, and then you are likely to get newsmen in HDTV, and commercials and old films in, you guessed it, SDTV.

If you feel that you simply must get a wide-screen unit instead of this one, consider that it will stretch the SDTV signal to fit, causing circles to look like ovals, and faces to look like chipmunks. Alternatively, you can keep the original shape by showing black bars on both sides, but then you will need a 40" unit to show as much area as this 32" Sony has. Either way, you will pay several times as much.

I hope this triva is helpful. Enjoy your viewing!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not working anymore, June 8, 2005
I came home tonight to a TV that no longer works. Purchased 1/17/05 and no workie 6/8/05 - RIPOFF!!!! I see that someone else had the same issue - mine shows the "Standby Timer" light flashes 5x and then pauses and then 5x and pauses, etc. Sony CS says needs repair. 5 MONTHS! COME ON! $600 down the tubes - labor is on me... I have a TV upstairs that I have had for 20+ years - not a SONY. I have been a loyal SONY customer for 15 years.... gotta wonder. Take a hard look at this TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait, October 25, 2004
I just received this tv over the weekend and it is incredible. It took me less than 5 minutes to set it up and there is literally no glare and the picture is really clear. The manual is very helpful and I was able to hook up a 5-disc DVD player with no problem. The only issue I have is the remote control functionality with other components. Granted most remotes probably won't have the same features so this was a slight annoyance at first. Overall, def a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great SDTV for those still reluctant to purchase an HDTV, June 22, 2005
We wanted to replace our 27" SDTV with something a bit bigger so we initially investigated HDTVs. After getting some sticker shock we decided to try to find a good SDTV. The 32" WEGA fit the bill perfectly.

The set is quite heavy but the picture is great and the set has a pretty good number and combination of video inputs. By far the coolest feature is the 16:9 enhanced mode. If you have a DVD player that you can set to force widescreen playback mode you will get a vertically stretched picture. You can then set the WEGA to squash the resulting picture into the middle part of the screen. The stretched out image now returns to normal and the result is a noticeable improvement in the quality of widescreen DVD movies. In this mode almost all 480 vertical scan lines are being used to display the movie when you would normally waste about 100 scanlines displaying black bars.

With great standard def picture quality and enhanced DVD viewing this set is a great option for those of us still living in a pre-HDTV world.

3.0 out of 5 stars wish I would have seen text, September 26, 2005
Overall, for daily TV viewing, I like this TV. Picture is okay, sound is fine. However, I do have a major problem with it - TEXT! I don't mean the text like scrolling at the bottom of the screen on News Channels or during commercials, but the text that makes up the score of the game you're watching and text overlays like that. For some reason, it really looks bad. When you turn on Sony's "enhancement" for text, it looks worse, IMO. Another time I notice this is during video games (PS2 specifically).

Would I buy this model again? Probably not. I like it for normal viewing, but this TV was bought to be a gameroom TV (sports and console games, mainly) so the text crap is annoying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied, September 19, 2010
I'm just a female, without much electronics knowledge... This TV has more options than I know what to do with, or even understand, for that matter. My review may not be overly helpful, but I can say I am pleased with it's performance and quality, etc.

My TV prior to this one was a Sony also... I bought the extended warranty for it thankfully (from Best Buy), and a month before it voided, my TV died. Am pleased to say that Best Buy wound up letting me select a new TV of same or lesser value at no cost. That's how I wound up with this one.

I've had it now for almost 5 years and no problems, what so ever. BUT... I can tell you, that when people say this TV is HEAVY, it is NO JOKE! It's dimensions are curved & extremely awkward, at 35 3/8" x 26 7/8" x 23" and it weighs 167 pounds.

Last year when I was looking on line for the manual, I came across a forum, specifically focused on this model TV, where people were sharing their stories on moving this TV, and sharing humor as to how heavy it is. Wish I could find it again because I would add the link here to my review. It was well-humored, considering the frustration many have had due to the weight of this TV.

All the Best!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV, November 1, 2008
We've owned this tv about 4 yrs we love it.Picture great, sounds great,32"flat screen have never had a problem except it can't be moved easily.Heavy takes 2 men to set up on stand.Now we're getting a 40" flat panel &selling this one,the flat panel is also a Sony. Love this tv except like I said can't be moved around easily