Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on March 3, 2013
This is a high-quality item. The bottom section screws easily and firmly into the tripod mount and the second, front section attaches with two snaps. When the camera's all swaddled up, it should absorb a pretty good bit of bumping and jostling. But the setup is much better for transport than for use. I haven't found a convenient way to drop the second piece out of the way and away from the lens - and still leave it attached - when I want to use the camera. It just sort of flops around; you pretty much have to pull it off altogether. (Then of course you have this thing in your hand you have to deal with, right as you want to take a photo.) I had hoped that the bottom part could be left on more or less permanently but unfortunately it blocks both the battery door and the USB port so at the very minimum you are obliged to remove it every time the battery runs down. I don't know that any simple, thick leather case like this is going to be able solve these problems, especially the latter, so I don't take much away from Sony for doing it the way that they did. I'm happy enough with it but it's well short of an item that just wows you with its perfect design and utility.
on November 29, 2012
But then for $99, it ought to be really nice.

Well made, nice leather, room for an extra memory card in the back, seems fairly solid. Only works with a short lens. I'm giving it a try in my bike bag. I don't know if it will survive the inevitable crash, but it so far has kept the camera whole and unscratched for a few bike commutes inside a bag with a bunch of other junk floating around.
on March 24, 2013
I love the case and it really protects the camera. I wish it had ports so I didn't have to take it off every time I want to charge to pull the pictures off.
on March 28, 2013
Some reviews might say that it is not functional or it's too expensive or the camera strap cannot fit if the case is in use or it doesn't come with a camera strap. Well I love the case for my Sony Nex-6 with power zoom 16-50mm lens. It is functional for me and my camera strap can still be used. And why is it necessary to come with a camera strap if your camera already comes with one? Also, THERE IS a slot for an extra memory card. I am pretty sure two 32GB memory cards will store loads of pictures in a day. So one extra memory card slot is plenty.

I bought it for the purpose of easy access while I am on vacation. Every moment is critical for me and my family coz things around you just go by so fast and you have to be ready to capture the moment. The case allow me to do that and more! For the most part of our trip, the camera cap was removed and I have the case to protect my lens and the entire camera. It was easy access for me whenever I need to take a picture; unbutton, flip the hood back and wah-lah! You have got to get use to it I guess. There were a few times the camera got sprinkle with water, whether it be rain or spill...I am thankful I have the case to protect my investment. It is genuine leather so you have got to be ready to pay the price. The only downside is, you can only use it with the Nex 16-50mm lens.

But overall I am satisfied with the fit, the functionality and the look of a real leather :)
on May 30, 2013
So disappointed in this case. The beautiful leather and workmanship is totally up to Sony standards. But the fit is off completely. With my kit lens (18-55) and a B+W filter and Sony lens cap attached, I cannot snap it closed. If I remove the filter and cap, there are still fairly large gaps along the sides of the lens-covering top part. The design is such that you can't take a photo without removing the top part, and as other reviewers said, the bottom part only comes off after you unscrew the built-in tripod mounting screw. I don't understand why Sony would make the case so snug. If I were using a longer lens, yeah. But the kit lens should fit and you should be able to leave the lens cap in place at least. Mine is going back today and I've ordered the $13 Sony LCSEMF/B Camera Case for Sony E-mount Cameras
on February 8, 2013
This is a solid well reinforced camera case with padding in all the right places. The leather appears to be of good quality and it's compact and well made. But there is no strap, not even a wrist strap. I'm keeping the item but the lack of strap is disappointing. Remember it's a case not a bag and has only room for the camera, which fits into it well. Nothing else, not even an extra memory card.
11 comment4 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 29, 2014
Appears to be the authentic sony item. Leather is supple and logo lettering well done. The cover will fall off if you had it hanging on by the snap on the bottom by itself much longer than a snap of two. Better off taking it off if you are taking more than one or two pictures to avoid dropping it where you don't want. This is not a camera bag, just a camera skin/cover, so, don't expect extra pockets, hidden slots or even straps. Straps should have come with your nex 6 camera equipment. You will need to take the cover off before being able to charge or change SD card. But very stylish way to tote your camera.
on July 31, 2013
This camera is a hard form factor to cover. Large lens, small body. One area is that when the base of the case is attached to the camera the screen does not swing out the full 45 degrees for taking pictures above your head. They need to put a little more relif in the design for that. But, It protects the camera and that is what I bought it for.
on March 23, 2014
Some reviewers groused so much about the case that I almost didn't buy it. I am glad I went ahead.

I think some of the complaints are due to the fact that it isn't 100% obvious how to quickly open and close it. Here's the best way I've found:

- Hold the camera in its case in your right hand.
- Unsnap the left snap on the bottom of the case. That is the smaller snap.
- If you unsnap the right (larger) snap, you will have the same complaints about how awkward the case hangs as others.
- Ok, it's slightly awkward even when done correctly, but not enough to complain about.

Also, the issue about having to remove the case to get at the USB and charging ports is correct but really not that big of a deal.

Finally, the fit on mine is fine. It is possible people aren't letting the kit lens fully retract before trying to wrap the case on, because that would explain the too-tight fit some a few are complaining about. (Alternatively, maybe the woman with the B+W filter needs an extra-thin filter? Or maybe her case was just defective?)

My case has just enough space even with a Hoya 40.5mm HD2 UV filter (http://www.amazon.com/Hoya-40-5mm-Violet-8-layer-Multi-Coated/dp/B009KA7BRQ) on the kit lens, plus the cap and a capkeeper each adding to the retracted length.

In summary, the fit and function on this case are good, and it's just not an option to forego a case on a camera that has many delicate controls and a huge LCD screen all needing protection.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2014
It works for its purpose, I do suppose it would be nice to not have to take it all apart to get at the battery and SD card though. All in all a good purchase.