5.0 out of 5 stars Great IR headphones!
I was concerned a little buying these because of a few bad reviews mentioning static and/or connectivity. I decided to bite the bullet anyway. These headphones are great! They are comfortable to wear, have plenty of volume to spear, and light weight.

Published on November 30, 2012 by John VerboseOne

2.0 out of 5 stars Unhappy
This is the first pair of infra-red wireless head phones I've owned. I had a set of Rocketfish that finally went bad. The downer to those was the discomfort of the head set. The headset for this Sony product is very comfortable.
Published on October 19, 2012 by Oregonian101

5.0 out of 5 stars Great IR headphones!, November 30, 2012
This review is from: Sony MDR-IF245RK Wireless IF Headphone, (Electronics)

It must be noted you can't hide the base these charge on. If you block the line of site from the base to the headphones you will produce static. Static is not produced by turning your head and walking around the room, as long as nothing comes in between you and the front of the headphone base. I would highly recommend these head phones. I only wish I bought more than one pair on Cyber Monday. Thanks Sony!

Side note, do not buy the package deal amazon suggest with the extra foam covers for the headset. They do not fit.

EDIT: Spelling

5.0 out of 5 stars Have trouble hearing those soft spoke words?, November 24, 2012
This review is from: Sony MDR-IF245RK Wireless IF Headphone, (Electronics)
We bought these for two reasons...... #1 my wife and I often have trouble hearing all the dialog when watching TV. Sometimes the actors are mumbling, or their voices are simply too low. These headphones give us greatly improved audio and eliminate the need to playback a scene to catch what was said; Reason #2, We can watch TV without having to annoy others with the sound. Our TV enjoyment is very much enhanced

5.0 out of 5 stars I owe you this, February 28, 2013
This review is from: Sony MDR-IF245RK Wireless IF Headphone, (Electronics)
I owe you this. I read others reviews to obtain what I thought to be the desired product. Thanks to you I have a superb product. Shipping was fast even though I used the cheapest method....may have been the free shipping order, but they arrived before I expected them.

I am 60 db below normal hearing yet I put the comfortable fitting phones on and at minimum volume I had beautiful, crisp, perfect sound with excellent highs and bass.

Installation took a minute or two to follow the adequate battery installation instructions. I plugged the 3.5mm connector into my Bose aux jack, gave the batteries a couple hours for an initial charge and away I went.

I am sitting in a recliner chair about 20 feet directly in front of the unit. For those who lie in bed or do other things with these, other than the very clear instructions having to do with the headset receiver being in position to receive the transmitted signal, you are not going to have satisfactory reception and won't be happy......but that's your doings, no fault of Sony.

It's just like your remote control. If the remote is not pointed at the receiver in your electronics, it doesn't work. Exactly the same system applies here and you need to apply some common sense.

Mark

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice for TV viewing, December 28, 2012
This review is from: Sony MDR-IF245RK Wireless IF Headphone, (Electronics)
These headphones are nice. They sound clearer and "crisper" than the speakers on my TV. Easy to set up. Nice that there are two ways to connect the stereo cable and the headphone stand. Overall, I am very pleased. These headphones only work with line-of-sight, so put the headphone stand in front of the TV. Also for those complaining about static, same answer: With clear line-of-sight from the headphone stand to me, there is no static. (Put the headphone stand behind the TV, and you get static. No surprise there.)

4.0 out of 5 stars good headphones, November 29, 2012
This review is from: Sony MDR-IF245RK Wireless IF Headphone, (Electronics)
am extremely hard of hearing and these allow me to listen to tv without everyone else being blasted.would recommend,would buy another set for other tv.only drawback is they DO NOT come with the connecting cable.

2.0 out of 5 stars Unhappy, October 19, 2012
This review is from: Sony MDR-IF245RK Wireless IF Headphone, (Electronics)
Static is the main negative issue with this product. I can't touch my lap top computer without static drowning out the TV show. There is other instances of static for no apparent reason.
Sad part is, the sound quality when uninterrupted is awesome. I have to assume that the FM version is the better choice and will be making an effort to return these in exchange for the FM model.
I also think this model is best in a very small area. This is no give to the range and the range off to the side is even less then advertised.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for use with a treadmill., December 26, 2012
This review is from: Sony MDR-IF245RK Wireless IF Headphone, (Electronics)
The headphone works perfectly, but if you are looking to use it as I was, while using a treadmill, you will not be able to because of the amount of static caused by the interference of the treadmill. Other than that, it was easy to set up and connect to the TV and it did work if you were just sitting in a chair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, January 11, 2013
This review is from: Sony MDR-IF245RK Wireless IF Headphone, (Electronics)
I bought this to replace the earlier Sony model which is crap. These are excellent.

I've read other comments here that some have static problems and one gentleman claimed it does not come with a connecting cable. Well mine is 100% static free and the supplied cable works fine. I suspect the claims of static are from people trying to use it out of range or with objects in the line of sight from the phones to the receiver. It works via infrared so anything in the way will mess the signal. Just make sure you have a clear path and they will work perfectly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected., June 20, 2013
This review is from: Sony MDR-IF245RK Wireless IF Headphone, (Electronics)
It wasn't hard to hook up, once I had the correct wires to use, and figured out what source I wanted to use as my out source. I needed a one out two in so I had to find that wire that would be long enough to pluge into my out source. Forutenetly I have a sound bar comming off a optical cable, so the headphone jack off the TV was perficte. The sound is great but the resolution, especially the bass, blew me away. I don't know how you could get a better product for the price. I took a shoot with this product, based on brand name only, and it's the best investment I've made for headphones. I love the cordless aspect of the unit, and that's where the resolution comes in. For the price try it. It's a great product and with the Sony name you know you will get excellent support.

1.0 out of 5 stars IR and Plasma, November 1, 2013
This review is from: Sony MDR-IF245RK Wireless IF Headphone, (Electronics)
I had many expectations for this set, but when connected it, it had worst interference I've ever heard even with my older set.
After I've wasted some more time on troubleshooting I've found the issue.
Sony forgot to mention that IR phones don't work well with Plasma TVs. I'm guessing most of the negative feedbacks here come from the same issue, but people didn't get to the root of the problem.
When headset is connected to my computer, it works great.
How can such a respectable company like Sony not to mention such a huge issue?

Very disappointed.