Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro STEM

on November 30, 2012
I was concerned a little buying these because of a few bad reviews mentioning static and/or connectivity. I decided to bite the bullet anyway. These headphones are great! They are comfortable to wear, have plenty of volume to spear, and light weight.

It must be noted you can't hide the base these charge on. If you block the line of site from the base to the headphones you will produce static. Static is not produced by turning your head and walking around the room, as long as nothing comes in between you and the front of the headphone base. I would highly recommend these head phones. I only wish I bought more than one pair on Cyber Monday. Thanks Sony!

Side note, do not buy the package deal amazon suggest with the extra foam covers for the headset. They do not fit.

EDIT: Spelling
22 comments| 421 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2012
We bought these for two reasons...... #1 my wife and I often have trouble hearing all the dialog when watching TV. Sometimes the actors are mumbling, or their voices are simply too low. These headphones give us greatly improved audio and eliminate the need to playback a scene to catch what was said; Reason #2, We can watch TV without having to annoy others with the sound. Our TV enjoyment is very much enhanced
11 comment| 267 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2013
I owe you this. I read others reviews to obtain what I thought to be the desired product. Thanks to you I have a superb product. Shipping was fast even though I used the cheapest method....may have been the free shipping order, but they arrived before I expected them.

I am 60 db below normal hearing yet I put the comfortable fitting phones on and at minimum volume I had beautiful, crisp, perfect sound with excellent highs and bass.

Installation took a minute or two to follow the adequate battery installation instructions. I plugged the 3.5mm connector into my Bose aux jack, gave the batteries a couple hours for an initial charge and away I went.

I am sitting in a recliner chair about 20 feet directly in front of the unit. For those who lie in bed or do other things with these, other than the very clear instructions having to do with the headset receiver being in position to receive the transmitted signal, you are not going to have satisfactory reception and won't be happy......but that's your doings, no fault of Sony.

It's just like your remote control. If the remote is not pointed at the receiver in your electronics, it doesn't work. Exactly the same system applies here and you need to apply some common sense.

Mark
0Comment| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2012
These headphones are nice. They sound clearer and "crisper" than the speakers on my TV. Easy to set up. Nice that there are two ways to connect the stereo cable and the headphone stand. Overall, I am very pleased. These headphones only work with line-of-sight, so put the headphone stand in front of the TV. Also for those complaining about static, same answer: With clear line-of-sight from the headphone stand to me, there is no static. (Put the headphone stand behind the TV, and you get static. No surprise there.)
on November 29, 2012
am extremely hard of hearing and these allow me to listen to tv without everyone else being blasted.would recommend,would buy another set for other tv.only drawback is they DO NOT come with the connecting cable.
33 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2013
I bought this to replace the earlier Sony model which is crap. These are excellent.

I've read other comments here that some have static problems and one gentleman claimed it does not come with a connecting cable. Well mine is 100% static free and the supplied cable works fine. I suspect the claims of static are from people trying to use it out of range or with objects in the line of sight from the phones to the receiver. It works via infrared so anything in the way will mess the signal. Just make sure you have a clear path and they will work perfectly.
on October 19, 2012
This is the first pair of infra-red wireless head phones I've owned. I had a set of Rocketfish that finally went bad. The downer to those was the discomfort of the head set. The headset for this Sony product is very comfortable.
Static is the main negative issue with this product. I can't touch my lap top computer without static drowning out the TV show. There is other instances of static for no apparent reason.
Sad part is, the sound quality when uninterrupted is awesome. I have to assume that the FM version is the better choice and will be making an effort to return these in exchange for the FM model.
I also think this model is best in a very small area. This is no give to the range and the range off to the side is even less then advertised.
33 comments| 143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 20, 2013
It wasn't hard to hook up, once I had the correct wires to use, and figured out what source I wanted to use as my out source. I needed a one out two in so I had to find that wire that would be long enough to pluge into my out source. Forutenetly I have a sound bar comming off a optical cable, so the headphone jack off the TV was perficte. The sound is great but the resolution, especially the bass, blew me away. I don't know how you could get a better product for the price. I took a shoot with this product, based on brand name only, and it's the best investment I've made for headphones. I love the cordless aspect of the unit, and that's where the resolution comes in. For the price try it. It's a great product and with the Sony name you know you will get excellent support.
on December 26, 2012
The headphone works perfectly, but if you are looking to use it as I was, while using a treadmill, you will not be able to because of the amount of static caused by the interference of the treadmill. Other than that, it was easy to set up and connect to the TV and it did work if you were just sitting in a chair.
on December 5, 2013
Don't, I REPEAT, don't buy these if you have a PLASMA TV. No matter if I moved these away from my TV, 2 ft, or 10 ft, they still had continuous interference and static. Go with an RF pair instead of IR.