1,020 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality for Price
Published on November 2, 2011 by G. Steinhoff

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't hold up
Product was comfortable and worked great for 3 months then stopped working. Obviously not constructed well and a blot on the Sony brand.
Published 14 months ago by PAUL M STOKOLS

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality for Price, November 2, 2011
I have owned 3 pairs of these headphones now. I am an avid music listener, and I could not find a pair of headphones with decent quality, comfort and a cheap price tag. These are about 9 bucks at Best Buy if you go when they're on sale. After living with the headphones that came with my iPod for about 2 years, these were quite the upgrade. Sure, they aren't Dr. Dre in-ear headphones, but for 9 bucks, these are awesome headphones. They deliver a great range of sound. The treble is clear and it has a pretty rich bass in my opinion. I've owned many normal headphones and they always left me with an ear-ache and poor sound quality. These come with sizes that fit anybody. The size that is on the headphones when you purchase them is too big for my comfort and they are SO easy to change out. However, the reason why I did not give them a full 5 stars is because their durability is horrid. I use them everyday, in and out of my bag and those only lasted me about 3 1/2 months. The wires are very thin and weak, and I think that with all of the wear and tear, the wires just tear up inside because in that time, one of my earbuds was totally dead. I wish Sony would give their wires about another inch of thickness. I would buy a lifetime supply of these. Overall, awesome headphones with a short lifespan. But for 9 bucks, I think it's okay for how much I use mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! My best pair yet, July 19, 2012
I am a huge fan of music and have gone through so many earphones to the point where I was just getting tired of getting the wrong pairs. I needed some durability while still holding great sound quality and these earphones delivered. Sony is known for amazing products so I didn't hesitate to try these out, and believe me I was beyond amazed. My old earphones would only last less than a month and I wasn't in the mood to keep buying new ones, these have lasted me over 4 months and so far still great sound quality as the first day. BUY THESE if your are looking for a cheap but durable set and you will not be disappointed at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony MDREX10LP In-ear buds, July 30, 2011
I got these buds June 17th, 2011 from my local Best Buy at $15.
Something I immediately noticed was that the silicone earbuds sound muffled if you don't use the right size. Sounds obvious, but I have tiny ears and had to use some extra small ones from a different pair (the included sizes are S, M, L). The packaging says, "produce[s] high-resolution treble & midrange with powerful bass," and doesn't disappoint!
Though not sound-isolating (standing next to me, my sister could still hear my music), they provide very nice outside noise cancellation (again, be sure the silicone is the right size!).

Things to note:
I've had these buds for almost two months. I've used them every day and they're holding up fine--no problems with wires separating, etc.
I'm writing this review prior to going on vacation, and will update once I get back, whether or not they are still doing well.
I haven't had noise-cancelling earbuds before, so I haven't any points of reference save for other reviews and the packaging. However, I do believe these are very good with noise cancellation.
These are inexpensive buds. Dedicated audiophiles will probably want to hold out for some noise-isolating headphones.
You might have to buy more interchangeable silicone buds if you have rather large or small ears.
This model hasn't gotten many reviews online yet because it's fairly new--dated April 2011.

Overall, perfect buds for my needs. I use them every day and pay attention to sound quality, though I don't want to spend $30+ on buds or other accessories for good sound.

Hope this has been helpful. I'll answer the comments/questions as best I can.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't hold up, November 14, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars A step above the cheapest earbuds, July 20, 2012
This review is from: Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones (Electronics)
Before using, I highly recommend trying out the various sized tips to properly fit it to your ear. It comes with the medium sized tips already on, but they were too small for me. I wasn't getting any bass until I tried the next size up and that made a huge difference!

Given the price, these earbuds are excellent. I was surprized how good the bass was given the tiny size of the earbuds. Again, getting a tight fit is paramount to enjoying any bass. I know mine are on tight when I feel I slight suction when taking them off.

They stay in my ear quite well (once I switched to the bigger tips), and I have no issues with them slipping out when I'm exercising thanks to the non-slip silicone material. Overall a great set of earbuds given the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the best earbuds under $10, November 26, 2013
This review is from: Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones (Electronics)
I was looking for earbuds to replace my Maximo iMetal Headphones, which are no longer available and for which I paid $17.00. I thought they were amazing for the money, but these Sony headphones are every bit as good and even more comfortable. After experimenting, I've found that the "lounge" setting on an Ipod/Iphone brings out their best qualities: rich bass,clear treble, excellent channel separation.Best of all, they fit so comfortably in your ear that you can put your head on a pillow and not even feel them (important for long flights). I really don't think you can do better for under $10.00.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality and Sound for Price, July 9, 2012
This review is from: Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones (Electronics)
I picked up a pair of these after my sennheiser cx500 earbuds died because i wanted something now and am broke. The sennheiser quality is in my eyes unbeatable for under 100$, and these are the standard that i hold other earbuds to. However, for the 15$ i spent on these el cheapo sonys, i couldn't be happier. They sound good with hardly any burn in time. The highs are crisp without being brassy, and the low end is solid. The low end is full, bass is crisp, tight, and very responsive with a quality equalizer (i use the power amp app on my smarthphone, best 5$ app you can buy if you value your music quality). Instruments all have good clarity and are distinguishable. The back of the buds have a semi pointy side that was starting to cause some discomfort, but changing the earbuds to the opposite ears solved this.
Otherwise, from an audiophile standpoint, these buds don't really push much air. That doesn't mean they can't achieve high decibel levels. It means that it lacks the "kick" that you find in higher quality earbuds. The frequencies don't really pop out at you as a result of the clarity that comes with higher end earbuds. Some of the sennheiser's greatest qualities are the way that warm midrange frequencies floated out of the speaker, highs were clear and warm as can be, never tinny and brassy, and the low end was rich and clear. The sony's come pretty close to this, and the difference is negligible i'm sure for most. For the price, i'd say sony hit a homerun with this product, and would absolutely recommend these to anyone who hasn't realized how much better music sounds with a sealed ear canal speaker than with those godawful iphone headphones.

1.0 out of 5 stars No Bass Whatsoever - Only High End if You Care about Audio Quality, November 5, 2013
This review is from: Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones (Electronics)
Hi guys, I just bought a pair of these and if you want nothing but treble then fine. These sound exactly like the free ones I get in the Marriott fitness room. There is no bass whatsoever and very little mid-range - so their claims are not valid. I am an ex rock musician so I know how the music should sound. Save your money as there are some other Sony earbud based headphones that have a WAY BETTER quality of sound. Buy these instead and you'll be much happier Sony MDRE828LP/SLV Lightweight Earbuds (Silver). Just about the same price.

If you don't believe me - buy one set of each and see for yourself the HUGE DIFFERENCE in audio quality. I honestly cannot believe so many people say these sound good. It shows me why marketing and appearance has more to do with what people buy in audio gear than the quality!

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRICE, November 27, 2013
This review is from: Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones (Electronics)
These sound pretty good. They could use a little more bass. Well worth the very small price even with shipping added,

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than the buds that came with my iPod, but..., September 25, 2012
This review is from: Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones (Electronics)
That's not saying much. I put them in my computer and played around with the graphic equalizer. These headphones have a bizarre sound profile, with basically no low-end bass and weird mid-range.

Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones