Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sony MDREX10LP/GRN In-Ear Headphones
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Color: Green|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on November 2, 2011
I have owned 3 pairs of these headphones now. I am an avid music listener, and I could not find a pair of headphones with decent quality, comfort and a cheap price tag. These are about 9 bucks at Best Buy if you go when they're on sale. After living with the headphones that came with my iPod for about 2 years, these were quite the upgrade. Sure, they aren't Dr. Dre in-ear headphones, but for 9 bucks, these are awesome headphones. They deliver a great range of sound. The treble is clear and it has a pretty rich bass in my opinion. I've owned many normal headphones and they always left me with an ear-ache and poor sound quality. These come with sizes that fit anybody. The size that is on the headphones when you purchase them is too big for my comfort and they are SO easy to change out. However, the reason why I did not give them a full 5 stars is because their durability is horrid. I use them everyday, in and out of my bag and those only lasted me about 3 1/2 months. The wires are very thin and weak, and I think that with all of the wear and tear, the wires just tear up inside because in that time, one of my earbuds was totally dead. I wish Sony would give their wires about another inch of thickness. I would buy a lifetime supply of these. Overall, awesome headphones with a short lifespan. But for 9 bucks, I think it's okay for how much I use mine.
22 comments|139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2013
I think these are my favorite earbuds ever. I come from a long line of little hobbit people in the forest, so my ears, feet, and hands are tiny-tiny. These little buds fit in my little ears perfectly. I recommend if regular earbuds hurt your ears after a while. These fit better.
The sound is also great, and if you take care of these like I have, they will last you more than a year or so. I have had these forever it seems.
on July 7, 2014
Every pair I've bought so far have broken after a few months. They are slightly flimsy, but even if they don't physically break, one ear goes out. But about the sound.

PERFECT. Highs, lows, mids, everything is really balanced. As an experiment, go to your local electronics store (i.e. Best Buy) where there are an array of expensive headphones to plug into your phone or music player, listen to a song through these, then listen to the same song through the expensive headphones. You'll be impressed at how much you get for fifteen dollars.

STURDINESS:2/5
SOUND: 5/5
33 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2013
So I ordered these for my mother (hers broke, and these were $5 cheaper than the same ones in-store), and here's what she had to say via text message once she got them.

I asked first about whether or not they arrived on time (via Amazon Prime).
"Yes right when you said they would! Perfect condition!"
So, nicely done Amazon. Free two day shipping for 33% under retail price? Sweet. Then I asked about comfort.
"They're nice and soft, feel fine actually. I like that they come with three sizes of ear things."
So, three different sizes of earbud, apparently malleable and comfortable. Good! Then I asked about sound.
":) :) :) listening to The Who on the computer! It sounds wonderful! oooo! Thank you! I love them!"
But...
"But they got loud really fast!"
So that means they can put out some good volume! Then of course, made sure she liked the color.
"Of course! they're red!"

So there you have it folks. My mom loves em, and you will too.
on April 9, 2012
I bought a set of these in pink for my wife, and loved them so much that I bought this pair for myself. They are louder than my other more expensive sony buds, which I like. It always seemed like I needed my earbuds to "go to eleven" and they never would. But these do. I also love the adjustable nubby that cinches down the two lines under your chin. It reduces the flopping around of the separate lines while running, and helps cut out on the tangling between runs if you cinch it all the way up to the earbuds.
11 comment|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2013
I love these headphones. They last forever and the sound quality is good. I had mine for over a year and a half before the wire in one ear shorted out. I am not really careful with them and wind them around my ipod and stuff them in my bag so I feel like a year and a half is a shelf life, considering how I treat them. I definitely recommend them.
on July 19, 2012
I am a huge fan of music and have gone through so many earphones to the point where I was just getting tired of getting the wrong pairs. I needed some durability while still holding great sound quality and these earphones delivered. Sony is known for amazing products so I didn't hesitate to try these out, and believe me I was beyond amazed. My old earphones would only last less than a month and I wasn't in the mood to keep buying new ones, these have lasted me over 4 months and so far still great sound quality as the first day. BUY THESE if your are looking for a cheap but durable set and you will not be disappointed at all.
on July 30, 2011
I got these buds June 17th, 2011 from my local Best Buy at $15.
Something I immediately noticed was that the silicone earbuds sound muffled if you don't use the right size. Sounds obvious, but I have tiny ears and had to use some extra small ones from a different pair (the included sizes are S, M, L). The packaging says, "produce[s] high-resolution treble & midrange with powerful bass," and doesn't disappoint!
Though not sound-isolating (standing next to me, my sister could still hear my music), they provide very nice outside noise cancellation (again, be sure the silicone is the right size!).

Things to note:
I've had these buds for almost two months. I've used them every day and they're holding up fine--no problems with wires separating, etc.
I'm writing this review prior to going on vacation, and will update once I get back, whether or not they are still doing well.
I haven't had noise-cancelling earbuds before, so I haven't any points of reference save for other reviews and the packaging. However, I do believe these are very good with noise cancellation.
These are inexpensive buds. Dedicated audiophiles will probably want to hold out for some noise-isolating headphones.
You might have to buy more interchangeable silicone buds if you have rather large or small ears.
This model hasn't gotten many reviews online yet because it's fairly new--dated April 2011.

Overall, perfect buds for my needs. I use them every day and pay attention to sound quality, though I don't want to spend $30+ on buds or other accessories for good sound.

Hope this has been helpful. I'll answer the comments/questions as best I can.
on February 2, 2012
This was an early Christmas present for my son, who complained he could barely hear his phone with the cheap headphones I loaned him. I wanted to get something expensive, assuming that $$$ meant quality. The salesperson, after hearing why I needed new headphones, suggested these. I was skeptical. Could something in this price range give me better quality than what we already had?

The answer, in a word: Yes. He really likes these, and immediately noticed that the sound was louder and more clear, and these headsets blocked out extra noise that kept him from enjoying his audio.
on January 25, 2013
Well if you are thinking about high class super bass then go ahead by $150. because this is less than $10.
Its very good for the people like me who don't use regularly and only for travelling and some occasionally. I don't have any complain for this headphone and if this last 1 year and money is worth what you are paying.
review image review image