Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sony MDRJ10/LTPNK Clip Style Headphones (Pink)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Color: Pink|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$33.97 - $44.99

on October 10, 2005
I have been searching for years to finally find a headphone that doesn't fall out of my ear when I run and begin to sweat. Well, I've finally found it! The MDR-J10 has solved my problems.

These little headphones slip on behind your ear and the driver slips in your ear aimed at the back of your ear so the ear canal picks up the sound. The clip that goes behind your ear is secure enough without being obtrusive and yet I've never felt as if they were going to slip out of my ear or fall off. Being designed they way they are, you can still hear outside sounds as long as the volume isn't turned up all they way which is good if you need to be aware of your surroundings as well as listen to music.

The overall sound quality of these is good but, not great. They're a little tinny and lack any real depth to the bass or warmth. With that being said, I've found an EQ setting on my ipod which makes these sound pretty good and distortion free at all volume levels and cranked all the way up, these are loud.

My one complaint is the cord length which I wish was about 6 inches shorter but, that I can live with.

For what I paid, I consider these pratically disposable so, I have no ill feeling getting them sweated up or putting them in harsher circumstances than I would a more expensive pair. I've finally found a pair of headphones that I can comfortably jog with and not worry about them falling out that has decent sound quality! Give them a try, you won't be sorry.
on June 24, 2003
The first time I had seen these headphones was in Sam Goody. Recently I had been using the ear buds. I hated them. They constantly fell out and were never comfortable. I was off looking for the ideal headphones which meant comfortable, fantastic sound, great bass, would stay on no matter what, and would leak almost nothing (so my parents couldn't hear me). I purchased these and took about 15 minutes to realize that the "L" meant "Left" and I was putting them on backwards the whole time. I knew they were on correct instantly. They were comforatable and fit snug. I turned on the music and let it rip. My mom (who was next to me) had to tap me on the shoulder to ask when I was going to try them out with music. She never knew they were even on! These were turning out to be the greatest headphones of all time. The XBS was great through these small things, I could set them in my hand and turn the volume up and I would FEEL the beat. Well enough story here's the pros and cons...
PROS- Great sound, never slip, comfortable, barely leaks noise, easy to put on and off, durable and long-lasting (survived being rolled up in some wrestling matts), beats all other over-the-head headphones, easy to jog with.
CONS- After a looong (about 3-4 hours long) period of listening, your ears hurt,and even with the tangle-slip thing they still tangle easily.
That's really it. Great buy, go for it.
on February 4, 2009
These headphones are not for strenuous activity. Sweat running down your head collects in the headphone ear pieces and blocks out the sound.
on November 18, 2006
I listen to books on tape 10 or 12 hours a day while working at physical tasks. So I don't need symphonic sound quality, but I do need headphones that will stay on even during strenuous physical activity, allow me to hear ambient noise (like the phone ringing), do not make my ears sore after the first couple of hours, and are loud enough to be heard over various types of machinery noise. These are perfect for those needs, and I can take them on and off without having to adjust them every time the way you have to do with over-the-ear headphones that are malleable. Do not buy these headphones if you are looking for a sublime musical experience or if you expect your headphones to last a lifetime. But if you want headphones that are comfortable enough to wear all your waking hours and cheap enough to lose or break, then these are great. I've owned 8 or 10 pairs, and I hope they never quit making them.
on July 18, 2007
These are my jogging headphones. They don't fall off when I run, and I run with more than the average bounce, if you know what I mean. And I have small ear-holes, so other headphones start to hurt, pressing against my ear canal in a suprisingly agressive way.
on April 15, 2009
I love these headphones. Really, I do. This must be my 4th pair in 2 years.

Pros:
- block out external sound pretty darn well (great for blocking out loud, obnoxious people on the trains, but you'll hear enough to notice your car sounding funny)
- keeps sound internal (little sound leakage, if you're one of those that love to BLAST music, there's a good chance the people around you might not hear it.)
- extremely clear sounds (there have been times when I've heard something in a song that I've never head before)
- great volume (I can't turn my iPod more than 1/3 of the way up)
- if they fit, they're not likely to fall out

Cons:
- after a while, one side goes dead (it's usually the right side. This is why I'm on my 4th pair. But I'm seeing other reviews saying they've lasted years. So I must be abusing them somehow)
- weird popping sound when walking? (this has only happened with my last pair, and it started happening before the right side went dead. I wouldn't call it a shock, because..I didn't feel shocked.)
- this is a huge problem for a lot of people: THEY DON'T FIT SOME EARS (that's a major complaint with a lot of the negative reviews, and yeah they aren't one-size-fits-all. But they fit me fine, so I don't care much for this point)
- they do tangle, but that's not important either
on June 26, 2014
Let me start by saying that I've had a number of various headphones through the years, and these happen to encompass all that I find best from each type.

Likes:
--These slide over the ear and are meant to gently sit on the ear. These are not meant to sit extreemely snug, or be pushed deep into the ear.
--The speakers are not meant to sit inside the ear, but next to it. I like this because my ear canal is very small and all other types of ear buds make my ears hurt after just 5 minutes. What's also nice about this style of headphone is that it doesn't completely cut out exterior sound. If you're working and you have noise cancelling headphones on, you may not hear your boss trying to get your attention. With these, you can hear someone trying to speak to you...depending on how loud you like to listen to things.
--These slip off your ear if you jerk the cord. I'm that dufus that forgets I'm wearing headphones and I tend to get up and walk away from my computer. *Most likely* these will just pull on your ear and then slip off. I've had a number of these now and I've never broken a wire by walking away while these were still attached to my head and the computer at the same time.

Dislikes/improvement needed: Personally, I like most everything about these, so let me add some things that I found other people had problems with...
--The cord is short and catches when they exersize
--the ear clips are so loose they fall off during aerobic exercise
--they do not cancell out enough exterior sound to be worth listening through in very noisy enviornments

Overall:
Are these the best headphones God's ever granted us? No. Are they great for working out? Maybe.
These headphones are, however, great for certain settings. If you get your headphones and they are make everything sound like static - they're bad, send them back, and try again.
on September 9, 2014
I ordered these in blue thinking either I would use them or my husband would use them. The problem is, they really don't fit my ears OR his. I noticed on the back of the packing, there is a "L" sticker, which I think indicates size large? At any rate, I guess neither of us has large ears, and there is absolutely no adjustment in these. Because they don't fit well, the earpiece doesn't fit snugly in my ear, which negatively affects the sound. As such, I can't say how they would work out for someone with larger ears, just that you shouldn't order these if you have small or medium-sized ears. For the record, I don't have absurdly tiny ears or anything, just normal-sized ears for a woman.

I also don't really feel like i can return these after opening them and putting them in my ears and my husband's. So basically they were a complete waste of money and are probably going in the trash, unless I can find someone with big ears who wants them.
on December 11, 2014
I really like these headphones; in fact, when I finally got a short in my old pair (I tend to wod them up and throw them in my bag), I bought another pair of these. Most of the small or plug-like headphones hurt my ears, but these are very comfortable to wear, even for people (like me) who have small ear canals. They are also very secure and stay in place with no slippage when I run. The sound quality is also really good. I use them with an iPod, and only need to turn the volume up about halfway.
on July 31, 2007
If you're reading this, than you are searching for a pair of in-ear headphones that are perfect for working out and running.

Well, as other reviewers have pointed out, unless you have the Spock-like ears that these things were designed to fit, you'll be sorely disappointed. You can give'em a try since they're so cheap, but don't say I didn't warn you.

I got them specifically to make my runs less bulky. Previously I ran with a 30g Ipod in-hand while wearing ear-muffle style Sharper Image Noise Cancelling Headphones. So, I downsized and bought these and an Ipod shuffle and armband. The Ipod shuffle is great, unfortunately, these headphones suck.

Actually, the quality seems fine. It's the fit that sucks. After 2 days of running with these, I give up. They just won't stay securely wrapped around my ears.

The faster I run, the more they slip out. The more sweat drips down my head and into my ears, the more they slip out. I'm in humid Tampa, FL where you can't help but sweat heavily when running no matter what time of day. These might be better for folks in arid climates like Phoenix, AZ.

The sound is good, but only if they stay on your ears. Since they don't fit snug, they allow you to still hear traffic and others around you. I was hoping I wouldn't have to run with ear-muff style headphones, but at least they don't fall off and I can hear the music with out sweat clogging my ear canal. I would love for a company to design a pair of in-ear, wireless, fits-all, great sounding headphones.

For those who wear glasses, I should note that running with my sun-glasses (which hug the head snuggly) somewhat helped to keep these things from slipping off, but only temporarily. Without the sun glasses, they didn't stay on at all unless I was walking.

I give these 1 star only because they actually work--that is, they relay sound from your mp3-player to the ear buds. Otherwise, they fit weird and are terrible for high-tempo activity. These are best for less mobile folks (say sitting on an airplane) or those whose ears fit the mold.