Sony MDRRF925RK Wireless Headphone (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Technical Information--Connectivity Technology--Wireless::Technical Information--Wireless Technology--RF::Technical Information--Cable Length--Not Applicable::Technical Information--Wireless Operating Distance--150 ft::Technical Information--Sound Mode
- Stereo::Technical Information--Minimum Frequency Response--20 Hz::Technical Information--Maximum Frequency Response--20 kHz::Battery Information--Maximum Battery Run Time--18 Hour::Earpiece--Earpiece Design--Over-the-head::Earpiece--Earpiece Type--Binaural
- Earpiece--Earpiece Controls--Volume::Earpiece--Driver Type--Neodymium::Earpiece--Driver Size--1.57"::Physical Characteristics--Form Factor--Ear-cup
- Limited warranty 3 months for parts and 3 months for labor.
- 150ft max signal reception
- 900MHz RF wireless transmission, FM stereo sound
- Induction charging: not direct pin contact
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|No more fussing with messy wires, The MDR-RF925RK wireless headphones system gives you the freedom to travel up to 150 feet from your sound source while delivering stereo quality sound, This system includes Ni-MH rechargeable batteries - 900MHz RF wireless transmission and headphones with a 40mm driver for deep bass. An auto tuning feature conveniently scans up and down the band to automatically tune in channels. The MDR-RF925RK wireless headphones system enables an easy connection to a wide variety of sound sources. Package Contents - MDRRF925RK Wireless Headphone Rechargeable Ni-MH Battery Pack, Stereo connecting cable Cord Length (Approx.) : 39 3/8 in. (1.0 m) . Connectivity Technology - Wireless, Wireless Technology - RF, Wireless Operating Distance - 150 ft, Sound Mode - Stereo, Minimum Frequency Response - 20 Hz, Maximum Frequency Response - 20 kHz, Battery Information - Maximum Battery Run Time - 18 Hour, Earpiece Design - Over-the-head, Earpiece Type - Binaural, Earpiece Controls - Volume, Driver Type - Neodymium, Driver Size - 1, 57", Physical Characteristics: Form Factor - Ear-cup. Limited warranty 3 months for parts and 3 months for labor.What’s in the box :Sony MDR-RF925RK Wireless RF Stereo Headphones, Transmitter, Power Adapter, Rechargeable Battery Pack and Limited 90-Day Warranty Parts & Labor. |
Product Packaging: Standard Packaging
Top Customer Reviews
I was very pleased to find that it had arrived with the right cable (mini stereo to RCA L&R plugs) AND it works with devices that have RCA jacks OR mini stereo jacks because the transmitter has both types! We are fortunate that the TV has a headphone jack (unusual for the size of the tube) and it cuts off the TV speaker.
The sound in the headphones is amazing - so much better than sound from the speakers in any of the TVs in the house. I may get some of these instead of a surround-sound system for the family room.
The reception quality is good, and walking to different rooms, I did not loose reception.
I hooked the transmitter to the T V using the extra audio jacket on the T V. This way the T V sound stays on. This was not in the hook up information instructions. If you hook the receiver to the phone jack, it disables the T V speakers.
A connecting cord (phone plug, stereo miniplug) comes with it. I bought an extra one. That way I plugged the connecting cord into the headset jack on the radio, and the other one into headset jack on the receiver of the headless phone. This way I can leave the transmitter (which holds the headset also) in one spot. If both the radio and TV are on at the same time, you can just disconnet one, otherwise when listening to only one, you just pick up the headset, and it turns on automatically, and you don't have to do anything.
For the price, it can't be beat.
Excessive popping sounds. Many reasons and theories on the Internet about popping sounds in wireless headphones. After a great deal of trouble shooting, I found that the power on/off switch in the headband was the culprit. The switch and assembly are as designed and manufactured properly HOWEVER, the switch is 'cheap' and momentary, i.e., when a small plunger in the switch is depressed the power goes on; off when the plunger is released. The switch is activated when the headset is put on causing a small slide to depress the plunger when the headband is set onto the head. Yes I did take it apart. I replaced the switch with an external manual operated on/off switch and the popping is gone. The problem is two-fold the provided switch is 'cheap' and the whole headset mechanism must have been designed and tested by a people with large heads full of hair. I wear hat size 7 1/4 and am bald. When the headset is positioned over my ears, the provided momentaty switch barely closes and any motion on my part causes it to turn off/on and pop. REALLY BAD DESIGN.
(2) A tingling shock whenever I picked up the base unit. Plastic case and pretty much DC so why a tingling shock? Yes I took it apart. I found that the component pigtails of the printed wiring board contacted the outer case and that the grounds associated with the RCA jacks connecting the base unit to the TV set were also touching the case. The plastic case is an insulator but is quite prone to electrostatic build up which in turn acts as a conductor between the TV set and itself. Trimming all of the 'long' pigtails solved the shocking problem. Really BAD MANUFACTURE.
I DEFINITELY DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING THIS PRODUCT.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I would NEVER buy these headphones again. I ordered these headphones for my husband because he's sometimes is up late watching tv. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Jackie Beets
Excellent product. Great sound without bothering anyone else.Published 1 month ago by Angelo Bassillo Jr
My husband is so pleased that we were able to locate this item. He has tried other brands, but this unit is the one he prefers.Published 2 months ago by Jean L.
Perfect headphones for me. Lightweight. Sound is great. 2nd set of Sony wireless ones I have bought; my other ones are 10 years old and I have them hooked up to the spare TV. Read morePublished 3 months ago by evergreenstreet
This is the 3rd set of this item I have ordered. Excellent headphones.Published 4 months ago by Carlene Stephens