Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sony Bloggie Sport (MHSTS22/B) Waterproof Video Ca..." and save 66% off the $178.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Sony Bloggie Sport (MHSTS22/B) Waterproof Video Camera with 4x Digital Zoom and 2.7-Inch Touchscreen LCD (Black) (New Model)
- 4X Digital Zoom
- 2.7 inch touch-screen LCD
- 1080p HD video camera with still image capture
- Up to 2 hours HD video with 4GB of internal memory
- Shock proof, Dust proof, Waterproof
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Item Dimensions||2.7 x 3 x 5.7 inches|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||1 Watt Hour|
|Lithium Battery Voltage||1 Volt|
|Lithium Battery Weight||1 gram|
|Media Format Digital Video||SD|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||5.15 MP|
|Shipping Weight||0.4 pounds|
|Video Capture Resolution||1080p_hd|
From the Manufacturer
Sony Bloggie Sport(MHS-TS22) Video Camera with 4x Digital Zoom, 2.7-Inch Touchscreen LCD
Record your outdoor adventure with Sony's Bloggie Sport rugged designed 1920x1080p Full HD pocket camera with 5MP stills that is ideal in extreme environments. Take your camera anywhere and be carefree: it's shock proof, dirt resistant, and even waterproof down to 16ft1. Easily upload and share with your friends on social networking sites via USB.
Rugged 1080p HD video camera w/ still image capture
The Bloggie Sport camera is built to handle extreme environments, allowing you to concentrate on safety and composition while capturing Full HD videos and 5MP photos. In addition to a protective, leather-like rubber bumper, the camera is waterproof down to 16 feet, and its 2.7-inch touchscreen remains fully operational underwater. It also has a shock resistance rating for up to 5 foot drops plus dirt and dust resistant seals that help make it nearly impervious to mud, snow, rain, and grime.1
As you snorkel or scuba dive down to the Bloggie Sport camera’s operational limit of 16 feet1, the red spectrum of visible light is progressively absorbed by the water, resulting in a blue color cast. The Underwater Mode automatically adjusts white balance and contrast to compensate for this color shift, resulting in more natural photos and colorful fish.
Capacitive 2.7-inch touchscreen LCDThe 2.7-inch touch-screen is large enough for you to watch your movies and photos. This large touchscreen and the simple UI let you intuitively and comfortably operate the Bloggie Sport camera even while under water.1
SteadyShot image stabilization SteadyShot image stabilization helps reduce blur caused by camera shake.
LED light for low-light shooting situations The Bloggie Sport camera has a built-in LED light to provide you ample lighting in any situation – indoors and/or where lighting is not optimal. To turn the LED light on, simply tap on the light bulb icon on the screen. This feature is perfect for parties and other nighttime events.
4x Digital Zoom & Auto Macro With the Bloggie Live camera you'll be able to take pictures or video from as little as 4" away, perfect for capturing a business card or a new friend's phone number.
Flip-out USB arm for upload/charge5 A built-in USB arm easily flips-out and lets you connect your camera directly to your compatible PC to upload video1 and/or charge your battery without having to hunt for cables.
5MP still images Enjoy capturing clear, crisp still photos at 5MP resolution. The high resolution yields incredible detail while giving you the flexibility for large prints and cropping.
Slim design with easy operation The slender body with its low-profile and simplified buttons give the Bloggie Sport camera a sleek look and feel and at only 4.5 oz it's easy to take with you everywhere.
Sony Exmor CMOS sensor The Bloggie Sport camera's Exmor CMOS sensor delivers high-quality video and pictures with less noise, even in challenging lighting conditions.
Share Function The Bloggie Sport lets you tag captured movies and photos and upload them later when connected to the Internet to services such as Facebook and YouTube, or to Sony's PlayMemories8 Online service. Videos and photos are converted to an optimum format for faster uploading and viewing on smartphones, tablets, computers, and HDTVs, allowing you to share more content with friends and family.
Face Detection technology Face Detection technology recognizes faces and optimizes camera settings for both video and still images, so faces are captured more clearly and skin tones look more natural.
Built-in rechargeable battery The built-in battery contributes to the Bloggie Sport camera's sleek and stylish design while powering the large 2.7-inch screen3 and camera functions.
HDMI outputWith HDMI output, you'll be able to share your HD Bloggie Sport video with friends and family on your HDTV (HDMI cable required/not included).
2. Uploading directly to the web requires PC with internet connectivity. 64-bit environments not supported.
3. Actual battery life may vary based on product settings, usage patterns and environmental conditions.
4. Viewable area measured diagonally.
5. Capacity will vary based on type and complexity of image recorded. A portion of the memory is used for data management functions. Maximum single clip time is 29 min before a new clip is started.
6. Some computers may not support USB charging of peripherals.
7. 1GB equals 1 billion bytes, a portion of which is used for data management functions. Records in 29 minute segments.
8. PlayMemories Mobile Application can be installed from Android Market or the iTunes App Store.
Color: Black | Size: One
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
Top Customer Reviews
First the good:
(1) With the option of shooting in full-HD (1080) resolution, the Sony trumps the Flip, which went no higher than 720. I watched my Bloggie videos on a 46" screen and the quality was superb. I took some underwater videos of my 6-year-old in the pool (she's an amazing little swimmer) and again was delighted with the results (as was she!). The Bloggie has a very cool underwater mode that color-corrects based on depth. The results were impressive. (The camera is supposed to be waterproof down to 15 feet. I didn't go even half that distance, but there was no evidence of any leakage. I had to use an Aquapac case -- basically a clear vinyl pouch -- to shoot underwater with the Flip; this was a lot less cumbersome.)
(2) There have been some complaints about button placement on the Bloggie; yes, they take a few moments to get used to, but I actually found the placement to be more intuitive than they were on the Flip -- notably the still photo shutter button.
(3) The Bloggie is as much of a "flip" as the Flip was; i.e., its USB connector flips out of the case and can be plugged into your computer directly. If that's made difficult becase of the location of your USB jack, the short USB extension cord that's included in the package will solve the problem.
(4) The Bloggie features a selectable "HD Sports" mode that shoots 720p at 60 fps.Read more ›
|Length: 0:30 Mins|
This morning it is raining in LA and I took the camera out and filmed. HD looks great, synced video to my mac and blasted it up to my Apple TV in a matter of 2 minutes. Unheard of with other cameras I have owned.
Image stabilization seems to be better than I thought it would be. LED light for flash is just as comical as a cell phone LED. Works better for finding dropped keys than anything else.
Everyone thought it was my cell phone at dinner last night, touchscreen is easy to use and BIG.
Setting have it on 2mp photos and 720p when you get it. I thought things were not that great, but then when I moved it to 5mp and 1080p there was a big difference.
Easy to hold and looks cool. So far so good.
Had this for a couple of really good outings with the family and have to say I would rate this a 6 star camera if I could. I have no idea why people are rating this camera so low? Maybe they are getting a lemon or something?
The clarity and microphone are WAY better than the flip and vado I used to own. Pool shots are so cool I cannot even tell you how amazed people in my family are.
Works perfect with Iphoto and Imovie. Super easy to format it into an itunes format and blast to the appleTV.
Stills are great, and easy to put into Imovie as well.
Once again, NO idea how people are rating so low. My family is LOVING this camera. Have had this in the ocean, in a pool, my daughter through it off the top of the stairs onto our hardwood floors, in the sand at the beach. Keeps on trucking. Exactly what I needed.
Going to Hawaii at the end of the month cant wait for more filming.
The Sony Bloggie Sport has got to be the worst waterproof camera I've tested out thus far. Everything you can think of, it rates at the bottom.
1) Quality - As bad as it gets. I shot off over 100 surfer shots using it with the Surf Camera Case | Chest Mount your Waterproof Camera and not a single surf shot was a keeper. Very grainy. I believe you'd be better of with a disposable waterproof camera.
2) Shutter speed - Slo[...] It takes 2 full seconds to shot a single picture after you've pressed the shutter. This is not at all good for action sports such as surfing.
3) Video - Also slo[...] It's not filming until 2 seconds after you've pressed the shutter. That's too much precious time when your trying to video a surfer coming down the line at you and it doesn't matter anyways because the video comes out all grainy.
4) View finder - So dark you can't see anything moving fast. It's worthless. All you can do is aim and shoot and hope to get lucky.
5) Touch screen - What a mistake! And I really mean it. Good luck trying to get it to work especially with wet fingers. To top it off you have to have good shade to even see what you're doing.
6) Battery life - A single AAA battery would last longer.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The first one failed in 2 days underwater. The free replacement failed in a month.Published 8 months ago by Alex F.
If you let the battery go dead the whole device goes dead.Published 13 months ago by Aaron G. Randall
A handy camera to take anywhere and the picure sharpness will please you... also has a light for that dark cornerPublished 20 months ago by Leon Photo
this will not work in low light at all. tried taking videos n pics indoors and they come out soooo dark. the led light makes no difference. it looks great touch screen is cool. Read morePublished 23 months ago by SNO
I have used this quite a bit for a while now, and I have to say it takes very good video. The learning curve isn't bad at all, and I like the portability and ruggedness of the Sony... Read morePublished on December 7, 2013 by _BK_
For its use it's great. If you want a cheep camera for 1080p outdoor daytime videos I'd reccomend this. Read morePublished on November 25, 2013 by Chris
Good value and great Amazon service. My son has used it at the skate park and put several You Tube videos up with it. He loves it and if he can't kill it, it must be well made. Read morePublished on November 22, 2013 by William E. Strack