5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for 3 year old
We needed head phones for our 3.5 year old son. The ones that stick in your ears kept falling out. These perfectly fit on his head, he actually has to extend the headband a tiny bit, so I wouldn't worry about them being too big.
Published on October 20, 2008 by Jt's mom

3.0 out of 5 stars Perspective from a 2-year old
I bought this headset for my 2-year old after one of the connectors disconnected on his Kidz Gear Wired Headphones For Kids headphone.

Published on April 14, 2011 by K. Kim

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for 3 year old, October 20, 2008
Jt's mom (west palm beach, fl) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Perspective from a 2-year old, April 14, 2011
K. Kim (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews

Although the description indicates these are designed for 8+, the headset fit over my son's head pretty well. However, the headband part kept slipping down and the spongy earphone material just didn't "hold" well on my son's ears. It might be that my son doesn't have enough hair for the headphones to grip/hold onto.

In comparison, the Kidz Gear headset had a double band which seemed to grip his head better. Plus, the earphones were made of a leather-like material which cupped the ear, rather than laying directly on it. The sound quality on the Kidz Gear was much better.

If I had to choose between the two, I would have to choose the Kidz Gear one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for adults, good fit, great sound, not only for kids!, October 12, 2011
I bought these headphones because of the reputation of the Sony name. I don't have kids--I'm an adult and needed a pair of headphones so I could listen to the Internet at work. They were inexpensive and they were Sony, so I thought I would try them out. The headband fits my head fine and the entire product is very lightweight, fits nicely on the ears so it is very comfortable and feels great. I don't know if they would stand up to rowdy kids playing around, the plastic might be a bit fragile, but for an adult that just wants them to wear to plug in to their computer or Walkman, I think they are fine. I have no trouble with the sound, like some other reviewers have stated. The sound comes in loud and clear to me (in fact, I have to turn it down on my computer). They work fine for me. Not expensive, just what I need. But there is always room for improvement. It would be much better if the cord were longer. It is only 3.9ft long which is too short, you have to be pretty close to the device that you are using them with. A 6ft. cord would have been much better. Also, there is no volume control on the cord, which would be very convenient. So, if they had a longer cord and a volume control, I would give them five stars. By the way, the box says lowers volume, but I find the volume and level of sound the same as other comparable headphones, so I think if a child had the volume turned up on their listening device, it could damage their ears. I have to keep it fairly low for comfortable listening so I don't see these headphones as having a lower volume. Because the plastic does not seem real thick and sturdy, I would say buy something sturdier for your kids if they are rough with their toys, but use them if you are an adult (and hopefully, take better care of your things!)

5.0 out of 5 stars best bang for your buck, December 2, 2012
This is the 3rd pair we are buying. The first pair we bought over a year ago for my wife's car. Then I installed a pair of portable DVD players in my car 4 months ago. So we bought another pair for my car. Now we are buying the kids another set for in the house. They have good sound quality, comfortable, durable and inexpensive. As a matter of fact many times my wife and I have used the kids headphones at the gym when we forget to bring our own. I like them. This coming from a guy who has a bose home theater, bose sound dock, and Bang & Olufson 500 watt 5.1 car audio system.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT FIT AND SOUND, December 23, 2009
I bought these earphones for my two girls, 7 and 9 to use with their Sony 9" portable dvd players. I had read the reviews and one of the things that someone had said was that the volume on them was controlled to a certain level and they would have liked to have the option to turn them up louder. I have found the volume to be more than adequate, in fact I have even had to ask them to turn the volume down because I could hear the sound loud and clear when I would be next to them. They fit perfectly and have had no complaints of them slipping off or pinching. I would definately reccommend these earphones and would buy them again without hesitation.

2.0 out of 5 stars Defective cord, October 7, 2008
Bought this product recently for my third grader. Controls volume as advertised, though I still ask him to keep the volume below the max on his MP3 player. Unfortunately, the cord is not properly bonded to the miniplug, so only the wire is holding it together. I expect it to break entirely soon. It is clearly a manufacturing defect, not wear. Since these are not expensive enough to hassle with a return, I will try some glue. Generally, I expect better quality control from Sony.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice but sound too low in car., April 16, 2009
This review is from: Sony Mdr-222Kd/Pin Childrens Headphones (Pink) (Electronics)
We bought these for our 5 yr. old to watch dvds on our laptop while traveling and for use with an ipod. I like the idea that the heads phones would not get too loud. Unfortunately, with all the road noise, she could verily hear the sound. I tried myself and it was very hard to hear. If using in the house, the sound is fine and the smaller size is great. However, if your computer sits on the floor under a desk with the only headphone jack in the back, the 3.5 foot cord isn't quite long enough. We added an extension and it helps. At least she doesn't get tangled up in the cord! She actually prefers earbuds because they don't fall off her head but as a mom, I prefer headphones that don't go directly into her ear.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, January 26, 2009
Though this headphone is from Sony which normally makes good products, i have to say, its not very good. After only 2 weeks of use the connector broke. Though the rest of the headphone is fine, I found that it was not well made where the connector is.

To me it seems to be a design flaw. Fits well on children of most age under 12, but its design problems should be taken into account.

Sound is good, and does limit output so that children ears have less chance to be damaged, something that was a plus for it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke quickly, February 6, 2010
We got these for my 5 year old daughter to use with her MP3 player. I was excited at the idea of the volume control since I knew she liked to turn it all the way up. However she only had these about 2 months when they stopped working all together. I thought it was the MP2 player, but it worked with my headphones fine. My daughter is fairly careful, as careful as a 5 year old can be, and really only used these in the car for long trips. I certainly don't believe anything was done beyond normal wear. I was disappointed since I thought I had paid more to get a better quality. We are now using the Philips kids headphones and have been pleased with the quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids, March 22, 2012
I bought three of these for three of our kids (seven, five and three) They work great! Decent sound, small sizes, and great price. My three year old is TINY, wears 18 month-2T clothes, and the headphones fit her! As do they fit our other two children who are average sizes.