1,297 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony Memory Pro Duo II - Fast But Expensive Memory for Your Sony Devices
Even though I have been slowly weaning myself off of the newer Sony cameras, I still have some Sony devices that need memory pro duo cards. There are some advantages and a few disadvantages, namely the cost and availability. Sony's memory format averages 30 to 100 percent higher prices for the same capacity of SDHC cards. While that sucks, if you have a Sony Camera or...
Published on June 2, 2008 by Mark

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of FAKES
At Least two of the Sony Packaged Memory's Pictured here on Amazon are FAKES or COUNTERFITS.

UNUSABLE MEMORY.

The people that make these are taking non-sony generic crap 512's, 1,2,or4 G size chips
and creating very elaborate nearly perfect (looking) FAKES! Zoom in and look very closely
at the model numbers for the 8 and the 16 Gig. In the...
Published on January 13, 2010 by S. Sledge

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, just does its job, July 26, 2008
I have had this for a month and it works well. I call it "boring" as it ought to be. It just works and does not bother me. I have several and they have worked well too. This seems to be another of Sony's quality products.

5.0 out of 5 stars 16 Gigs of Satisfaction, July 16, 2008
I bought the Sony 16GB Memory Stick PRO Duo for my PSP and I feel like I almost have too much space for pictures, game saves, music, and movies. Because of the 16GB of storage space, my PSP now rivals my iPod Nano plus I can fit a hand-full of full length films on it. More storage space is definitely a good thing; I am very happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Memory stick pro duo, Sony, July 10, 2008
This review is from: Sony 8 GB Memory Stick PRO Duo Flash Memory Card MSMT8G (Personal Computers)
The Sony SR11/12 Handycam permits the use of both a hard disk and memory stick. Additionally, dubbing between the two media is also enabled. Thus, a memory stick adds substantial flexibility to the Handycam. The memory stick is also good "insurance" when traveling because without a memory stick the hard disk could be filled with valuable pictures leaving no more room to record except with a memory stick, unless of course, one has a laptop readily available. The memory stick also has reasonable storage capability. The Sony brand is cost competitive and assures Handycam compatibility.

1.0 out of 5 stars BUYER BEWARE!!! A LOT OF THIS MEMORY CARDS ARE FAKE!!!, November 6, 2008
Bought this here on Amazon and this look like original memory card from sony. But my computer will always try to reformat this and will only load up to 3.76GB of data.

My PS3 and VideoCam will format and will tell me more than 7GB is available but will load about less than 4GB and my computer will not recognize this and ask me to reformat again.

1.0 out of 5 stars super price card, October 11, 2010
i found this card to be a fake. it only stored up to 1gb and the rest of my files were corrupted. i wanted a refund and was told i would be charged 13 dollars for shipping plus the amazon price. the seller was super price card i will definitely not suggest that one to anybody, im sure that the other sellers are authentic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on my Sony Ericsson W810i phone, September 25, 2008
After searching around on forums and review board, I couldn't find anything about whether this 16 gig memory card would work with my Sony Ericsson W810i cellphone/walkman (AT&T/Cingular version), so I thought I would go out on a limb and try it.

Well I am happy to report that it does work with this phone, but there are a few things that I would like to share. From the Settings Menu, the phone does not display anything over 4 gigs, but that just seems to be limitation of that menu itself (perhaps a "fixed odometer" number) because the phone can see the entire contents of the 16 gig memory card, as I loaded 13 gigs of MP3s and had no trouble playing any of them. (Just for note, I inserted the card into the phone, and let it inititalize it. I then removed it and loaded my MP3s from my PC via memory card port on my printer since the transfer rate is much faster than transfering through the phone.)

Since installing the card, there are a few things that are slower in comparision to my previous 4 gig memory card. Turning the phone on takes about 45 seconds to complete. This is not a really a huge problem for me since I normally leave my cell phone on all the time anyways, and if I needed to turn it on in a hurry I'd just remove the memory card. Also, browsing into my MP3s is about the same, but going back a folder level when browsing takes about 5 seconds to complete. I attribute all of this to the large size of the memory card and the phone having to scan it all. The newfound "lag" I believe is the fault of the phone being a few years old when the largest Pro Duo card at the time was a 4 gig.

I don't attribute any issues being with the memory card itself. The memory card itself works as advertised and have had no issues with it. Its a really nice option to have 16 gigs of music right there on your phone.

1.0 out of 5 stars cannot remove write protect, August 30, 2008
worked reasonably well with the SONY cybershot camera. all of the sudden the camera says the card is write protected , no support or online way to unprotect the card to make it usable. don't waste your money, I have wasted hours already. there is no physical switch and no documentation on the SONY site.

3.0 out of 5 stars I may have gotten a fake one too, January 15, 2009
First of all, they got my order wrong.

I ordered a Sony MSXM8GS 8 GB Memory Stick PRO Duo (Retail Package) on 12/23/08.

I received a Sony MS-MT 8GB Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark2) almost a month later, today, 01/14/09.

The packaging seems fishy to me. I bought enough SONY products to know its authenticity. For example, in the upper right hand corner of the packaging, there is printed "MS-MT" follwed by a hologram sticker of SONY. Upon reading other reviews, I was willing to bet that the hologram sticker was there as a cover-up. so I peeled back the sticker to uncover a "16G" an obvious misprint on a packaging that displays "8 GB" on the lower right hand corner. A genuine SONY product will never have such obvious mistakes in the packaging.

Also, the prints just don't seem sharp and crisp, not high quality.

The package was shipped from China.

At this point I'm pretty sure I got a knock-off that looks just like the real thing. the packaging indicates a 5 year warranty, but there is no certificate or registration form.

The good thing is that it works.

The bad thing is that I'm afraid the workmanship and quality is not there.

1.0 out of 5 stars This piece of trash is FAKE thanks a ton to SuperPriceCard, September 29, 2010
This product i bought from this seller [SuperPriceCard] is ABSOLUTLY TRASH!!! it was a Fake 16gb nenory card, from what i hear from my friends the 16 gb for a psp is supposed to be AWSOME and i was hoping to the get the same amazing experiance and my buddies, but it looks like i wont be able to since i was RIPPED off by again i say [SuperPriceCard] this seller sells fake products at cheap prices and takes us for fools i wish i could get my own full refund but he REFUSES to give back my 30 dollars i paid :( sellers like this is why people like me dont like to shop from amazong or any other site...i really regret trusting that jerk...:( please i plead that you do NOT purchase from this rip off knock off [SuperPriceCard] please avoid at all cost!..but from what my buddies tell me...its amazing space and really great memory card, its just awsome...wish i had that too but [SuperPriceCard] ripped me off :(

1.0 out of 5 stars 6 gig sony memory stick, June 17, 2009
Bought this item from wonggum storefront. BEWARE ! The card worked for about a week--now everything is corrupt,cant download or retrieve data,The bad thing is that the store has no return policy or any way of contacting them. I have read all the info about counterfeit cards and have come to that conclusion.

Rate and Discover Movies