From the Manufacturer
Create movies in stunning AVCHD and stereoscopic 3-D with Movie Studio Platinum Suite 12. Edit audio in Sound Forge Audio Studio, upload movies to Pixelcast, and burn to DVD or Blu-ray Disc. With innovative and powerful features for video compositing, color correction, and animated titling, professional-grade results are easier to achieve than ever. Use the surround sound mixing tools to create 5.1 soundtracks. Add style with the NewBlueFX 3-D Titling and Video Effects. Complement your film with 50 Sony Sound Series: Production Music soundtracks. When you’re ready, upload completed projects to your free Pixelcast Plus* account and invite others to collaborate.
- Edit and produce movies with special effects and transitions
- Create DVDs and Blu-ray Disc media with custom menus and graphics
- Utilize innovative 2-D and stereoscopic 3-D tools
- Share movies on Pixelcast, YouTube, iPod, iPhone, and more
- Follow along with Show Me How tutorials and learn as you go
- Select from 50 Sony Sound Series: Production Music files
- 64-bit support
Publish to Pixelcast
Publish movies to Pixelcast without ever leaving the application (U.S. only). Have friends upload their movies and photos to Pixelcast to collaborate on a fun, unique experience together.
50 Sony Sound Series Production Music files
These royalty-free soundtracks add the perfect atmosphere to almost any project.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 64-bit support
Access more system RAM by installing the 64-bit version of Movie Studio Platinum 12 onto your 64-bit machine.
Simplified event edge trimming
Users can now trim events on the timeline in a simple two-step process.
3-D Blu-ray Disc and Internet project templates in New Project dialog
3-D templates have been added to the New Project dialog box, making it faster and more straightforward to create 3-D projects right away.
Up to 20 video tracks
Produce intricate video projects or record multi-track audio as Movie Studio Platinum now supports up to 20 video and 20 audio tracks.
Split and Trim toolbar buttons
Toolbar buttons have been added for event splitting and trimming. This reduces the how-to guesswork and enables users to make edits faster.
Floating Windows controls
The Stereoscopic 3-D Adjust plug-in contains new tools to fix stereoscopic 3-D screen edge violations. In addition, the horizontal and vertical offset of 3-D images can be adjusted to correct the perceived depth of field.
Color-coded visual indicator that an event has been added to timeline
A glowing box now appears around newly added events on the timeline, making a clearer indication where it was placed within the project.
* Plus account valid for one calendar year from date of sign-up
**NVIDIA requires a CUDA-enabled GPU and driver 270.xx or later. GeForce GPUs: GeForce GTX 4xx Series or higher (or GeForce GT 2xx Series or higher with driver 285.62 or later). Quadro GPUs: Quadro 600 or higher (or Quadro FX 1700 or higher with driver 285.62 or later). NVIDIA recommends NVIDIA Quadro for professional applications and recommends use of the latest boards based on the Fermi architecture.
*** AMD/ATI requires an OpenCL-enabled GPU and Catalyst driver 11.7 or later with a Radeon HD 57xx or higher GPU. If using a FirePro GPU, FirePro unified driver 8.85 or later is required.
Platinum Suite also includes:
- Movie Studio Platinum 12
- DVD Architect Studio 5
- Sound Forge Audio Studio 10
- 50 Sony Sound Series: Production Music soundtracks
- Red Giant Magic Bullet Quick Looks
- NewBlueFX 3D Titling and Video Effects
- iZotope Vocal Eraser
- Jump Start video tutorials
- Anaglyphic 3-D glasses
Minimum System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit or 64-bit SP2 or Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit
- 2 GHz processor (multicore or multiprocessor CPU recommended for HD or stereoscopic 3-D)
- 500 MB hard-disk space for program installation
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- IEEE-1394DV card (for DV capture and print-to-tape)
- USB 2.0 connection (for importing from AVCHD, XDCAM EX, NXCAM, or DVD camcorders)
- 512 MB GPU memory
- Supported NVIDIA** or AMD*** GPU
- Windows-compatible sound card
- DVD-ROM drive (for installation from a DVD only)
- Supported CD-recordable drive (for CD burning only)
- Supported DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW (for DVD burning only)
- Supported BD-R/-RE drive (for Blu-ray Disc burning only)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (included on application disc)
- Apple QuickTime 7.1.6 or later for reading and writing QuickTime files
- Internet Connection (for Gracenote MusicID Service)
- Supported Formats (Import): AA3, AAC, AIFF, AVI, BMP, CDA, FLAC, GIF, JPEG, MP3, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MVC, OGG, OMA, PCA, PNG, QuickTime, RealMedia, SFA, SND, W64, WAV, WDP, WMA, WMV
- Supported Formats (Export): AA3,AAC, AC3, AIFF, AVC, AVI, BMP, FLAC, JPEG, LPEC, MP3, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MVC, OGG, PCA, PNG, QuickTime, RealMedia, TIFF, W64, WAV, WDP, WMA, WMV
What's in the Box
Application DVDs include Movie Studio Platinum 12.0 software, DVD Architect Studio 5.0 software, Sound Forge Audio Studio 10.0 software, 50 Sony Sound Series production music soundtracks, Red Giant Magic Bullet Quick Looks, NewBlueFX Audio and Video Essentials, NewBlue Titler EX, Jump Start video tutorials, 56 DVD themes, Anaglyphic 3D Glasses, Free Online Help, Serialized Insert Guide, Pixelcast insert card, Vasst Fasst Apps promo card, NewBlueFX serialized insert card, Red Giant insert card, Sony Creative Software Product Brochure