Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on April 17, 2007
I have owned these for about four months. Mostly they are used in a DSLR camera.

I find that, when freshly charged, they are superb, giving lots of life and fast performance in the DSLR, which relies heavily on good battery power. They also charge fine, with no memory problems, in the Sony charger.

However, these batteries lose power when not in use. Most AAA rechargeables do, of course. But there are a new sort on the market that minimize the power drain when not in use. I have tried some, the eneloops.

They are just plain better than these Sony batteries. Eneloops fire right up and last longer even when they have not been in use for days or weeks. I find this makes a big difference because I don't have to recharge every time I start out a day with my camera.

Hope you find this helpful.
33 comments221 of 233 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2006
I've used these, Energizers, Duracells, etc. These have worked as well as any, and are often sold by Amazon at a very good price. Sony also makes a nice charger, the BCG-34HRMF4. When on sale, with 4 batteries, it's a great deal.

Be aware, though, that NiMH batteries all slowly lose their charge on the shelf, and will discharge in about a month or so, so don't use it for a device that sits around somewhere for long periods.
44 comments63 of 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2011
This is an important review, so please ready everything.

Last month, Amazon offered these batteries from a vendor using their fulfillment shipping center. When I made my purchase, the batteries arrived in different packaging that was green and silver (suspicious!), and did not hold a charge for longer than a week.

After working directly with Sony (today) for a warranty replacement, they are sending me the true orange and silver versions, where the charge lasts over a month when comparing my previous batch.

These batteries are excellent if you receive the authentic Sony product, and will last about 5 years with consistent use. Highly recommended, yet be forewarned not to accept a version other than the orange and silver labeling as the picture indicates.
44 comments25 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2006
These are my first rechargeable batteries, so all I can say is that in comparison to alkaline, these are WAY better and longer losting. Alkalines stop working in digital cameras long before they are actually used up, because they can't supply the required current for high-demand devices. These Sonys last much more than 4x as long because alkalines only work for a few minutes. These Sonys maintain their voltage at a stable level. I am using them in an Olympus C-755 digital camera, and I charge them using the Sony BCG-34HE4 charger. I can't say exactly how many pictures you can take on one charge, because they last for so long I lose track. If you have a digital camera, you absolutely must use rechargeable Nimh batteries. Don't waste your money on the expensive "high-end" alkalines or non-rechargeable lithium, etc. Also, you are doing the environment a favor by not using toxic landfill filler.
11 comment59 of 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 29, 2007
Purchase this as an extra set after receiving Sony charger. The lesson came very soon. I had to rush to a nearby 7/11 minutes before an event. The Olympus DSC showed "low bat" on the 2700maH batteries (came with the charger) after few shots and didn't even like the 2500maH spares that were charged 2 to 3 days prior.

I have done some research and weekly experiments. I refreshed and re-charged repeatedly and measures in-between. The voltage dropped from the ~1.4V to ~1.2V within 3 days on all 8 of them. One tech paper stated that NiMH batteries do lose 1% of their charges in 24 hours at room temp when not in use. The Sony ones must have far exceeded the typcial case. It's winter time in Calfornia and the moisture doesn't come into play.

I read all the reviews before the purchases. I wondered if I were just unlucky until the reviews on the charger revealed the same issue with the batteries.

These batteries are not totally useless. They give you a good day of shooting if you charge the night before. What you lose is the freedom of "grab and shoot".
33 comments34 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2007
It's best to charge your high-capacity (2500 mAh) NiMH batteries in an appropriate charger of the same manufacturer.

When I attempted to charge Sony batteries in my Monster charger, the batteries got very hot, never stopped charging, and killed the charger. I tried 2500 mAh Sony batteries in my cordless Logitech mouse, and when the mouse was placed in its charger, the batteries - and the mouse - began to get hot. Fortunately I removed the batteries before any damage was done to the mouse or its charger.

The Sony batteries are fine when charged in a Sony charger. Perhaps someone else will know whether the problem is mixing brands, or mixing capacities. Just be careful which batteries you put in what. -LR
11 comment22 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 3, 2006
These batteries work great, but lose charge rapidly if not used right away. I have 4 batteries and when they are fully charged I have never run out of battery power for a full day of picture taking. When the batteries sit around not used for more than 3 or 4 days they lose their charge. Not sure if other brands do the same. All in all I am happy with these batteries. I just charge the batteries before an event. 2 in the camera and 2 spare.
on October 18, 2007
Product is made in Japan. Took around 280 pictures with my Canon S5 and it was still going. The capacity of 4 batteries are shown as 2630, 2640, 2580 & 2710 mAh & the voltage is 1.47V in La Crosse BC-900 charger. It is one of the best price/performance ratio.
on September 4, 2006
I've tested many different brands of rechargeable batteries, and have in total over 40 of them. These are the best so far.

As someone else already stated, they are relabeled Sanyo batteries - which is good!. Sanyo is one of the best batteries manufacturers there is.

When tested, every one of them is over 2300mAh. Consistent performance, long lasting, reliable, made in japan and cheaper than most of the other brands (which perform worse).

Highly recommended.
on November 13, 2008
I bought these about a year ago and have used them about 10-15 times. I just bought the MAHA 9000 charger which allows for a complete break-in cycle which actually measures the capacity of each cell.

I've cyled all of them a few times and found that the MAHA rates them between 1950 and 2150. I've got 12 of them and none rated higher than the 2150.

They work well and seem to supply power well, but if they are sold as 2500mah they should provide that much. If you don't mind the lower capacity they seem fine, but you'll have to recharge them more often.