Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sony NP-FG1 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack for Select Digital Cameras
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 21, 2008
A great upgrade from the standard battery Sony provides, Fits my W150 cybershot perfectly and a full charge last longer then sony's offical one. About 170-210 minutes. Best feature: Shows battery life in minutes.
Note: If your camera does not say InfoLithium somewhere on it, it will not show life in minutes. It's an authentic Sony NP-FG1 Type G battery pack, Includes three month (I believe) manufacturer's warranty.
on June 2, 2012
Please be warned that there are plenty of sellers selling knock-off batteries or China-sourced batteries that are often incompatible with US camera models. I made the mistake of trying to buy one of the cheaper versions of the battery and it would not work in my Sony DSC-HX9V. I would receive a "For use with compatible batteries only" message whenever I put in the camera.

After getting my refund, I bought the more expensive version from Amazon (still much cheaper than buying directly from Sony) and it works great. The packaging was clearly for the US market and the battery is clearly genuine.

I'd recommend you save yourself some aggravation and second-guessing and just buy from Amazon instead of one of the many resellers.
on April 25, 2012
Apparently this is an aftermarket battery with a Sony sticker on it. I installed the battery and powered up the camera and the display instantly showed an error. This battery is not compatible with this camera.
on October 21, 2008
purchased it for my new H10. Although the info part doesn't work on H10, the battery is totally worth.
on October 8, 2008
The battery that came with my Sony Cyber-shotDSC-H50 camera had to be charged much more frequently than Sony manual stated. I ordered a new battery and it has lasted longer, although not as long as the specs say it should. Charging time is appx. 330 min for a full charge if battery was completely depleted when re-charged. Charge time for battery not fully depleted appx. 270 min. So if you are traveling, you had better make sure you have a spare battery to use while you are charging a battery.
on April 12, 2009
I own a H50 Camera and it ran out of 'juice' a lot quicker than the sony document says in actual use conditions. Minimal flash, display screen dimmed, not much preview after shot is taken...still was poor. I was comparing with an almost equivalent Pany TZ5 (3 " LCD and 10X zoom) that lasts twice longer than Sony. In fact when I got this camera in May2007, the first thing I noticed was Sony had used the same battery as they use in thier smaller P&S models. I have a Sony W70 that uses the same battery. Also coming back to the original point, this is a decent back-up battery for the larger zoom Sony cameras.

Also a note to all users, buyers is not to use a non-Sony brand (or non-OEM) batteries. Some may be good, but battery manufacturing is a specialist process and only few companys in the world (Sony, Sanyo, Panasonic etc) excel in it. They are the OEMs for not only majority of camera makers but also for all sorts of Electronics gadgets including laptops. Spurious batteries may cause damage in the long run and if temperature condistions are inconsistent, they may even explode.
on October 31, 2010
The battery works great in the Sony DSC-HX5V camera. It'll also give you the number of minutes left for the battery life. The battery that comes with the HX5V, which is the NP-BG1 does not show this.
on February 20, 2014
I purchased this battery from NickTechShop fulfilled by Amazon. I have purchased this battery from other sellers in the past and from Sony. Due to comments from other buyers regarding questions as to genuine Sony products, I looked at the item carefully without opening it. The following issues concerned me enough to return the item. Misspellings on packaging include the following: "instrucntions" "chrged" "teademadrks" (instead of "trademarks"); "Made in Japan" in English; Fabrique en Chine (made in China) in French and all other languages. Well, where was it made - Japan or China?

I have many Sony products ranging from digital cameras to laptop. I have never seen such poor, unprofessional writing on their packaging. Sony would NEVER let this go out with all these packaging mistakes.

Additionally, the label on the battery itself did not match the label on the OEM battery in color or print "run-off". The OEM battery printing was crisp and white with red; this was more a slightly grey with burgundy. Also there are numbers next to the battery terminals; on the OEM battery, the numbers/printing were crisp and fine; on the battery I received the printing was coarse and fatter in size and appeared to be a different font.

For all these reasons, I decided against opening the packaging and giving the battery a try. Instead, I contacted Amazon and arranged for a return. I hope you have better luck and satisfaction.
on May 10, 2012
Purchased from BestBuyStation, and I do not think that they were new genuine Sony batteries. I purchased two and both packages had a hole cut in the bottom on the back, large enough to get the batteries out without opening the package further. I see no reason to have done this except to replace the genuine batteries with either old batteries or knock-offs.

I have included pictures in the customer images section. You can review them for yourself and make your own determination about them. Personally, I did not feel confident that the batteries were genuine and so am returning them and buying direct from Amazon.

Amazon customer service was very helpful in sending me a return mailing label. I hope that Amazon does indeed follow up on this seller and determine what they're doing to the batteries.
on September 7, 2011
I got this battery for my new HX9V camera. Great battery. This is a InfoLithium, so you WILL get a estimated amount of time left on the battery unlike the one that comes with the camera. Great upgrade, highly recommend.