Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: Small, 980 mAh|Change

on August 23, 2014
Holds several hours of charge (5+ hours), and charges rather quickly.

Balances the camera nicely, does not make the camera unusually heavy in the rear.
on July 3, 2014
This battery is the only one that you will need, I went out of the country on vacation, I used my video camara for about 7 hours at times between charges without any issues, it recharge in about 2 1/2 hours, trust me when I said is very good product, BUY IT
on September 2, 2011
Everything was as advertised. Works great and there were no hidden surprises with this order. I would definitely do business with this vendor again.
on October 30, 2011
Bought this for our trip to Rome this summer. This battery works fine but you only get 1.5 hours of use compared to 2.5 hours from the battery that came with the camera even though it is the exact same model number. I think it is really a NP-FV30 instead of a NP-FV50.
on July 1, 2010
I love the long recording time offered by this battery. I'm using this with Sony XR550, fits perfectly and lasts really long for HD recording!
on August 17, 2011
The battery sticks out a bit from the back of the camera, but that is to be expected for its purpose. The battery lasts for a very long time, just as advertised. I would recommend purchasing this product.
on January 6, 2013
I bought this battery in 2010 to use for a cross country visit with the inlaws. I use it with my DCR-SX44. Despite the fact that the battery is almost 1/3rd the length and 3 times the weight of the camera, I am very pleased with the recording duration I get from it. I definitely did NOT need to swap batteries during any day trip where I was recording my family. This was important to me after having to swap AA camera batteries 4 times a day in a digital still camera, and back in the day (15 years ago), I remember wearing a large battery pack while using a full-sized VHS camcorder for trips to Sea World (that VHS pack battery was the same size used to start riding mowers).

Things are better today!
on February 21, 2014
I purchased this battery, since it provided good capacity without being overly large/cumbersome. I would never purchase anything other than OEM batteries -- I've had too many headaches with cheap knock-offs. So far, it seems to perform well.
on January 31, 2014
The battery charged up and seems to operate the camera fine. I haven't had time to do any video yet but
it works as advertised. I'm glad I found it online at AMAZON.COM. Will seek your help again in the future.
on April 27, 2011
I ordered this particular battery as a backup for a DSC-HX1 camera, as Sony's 800-number sales person suggested this was, indeed, the replacement for the original battery..."with 15% more capacity." Apparently that extra 15% makes it just a tad too big for the battery slot in the camera. I returned this to amazon (very nice process, I must say) and ordered the correct battery.

The battery is probably fine for a camcorder, since it doesn't fit into a specific slot, just hangs on the back of the unit.