5.0 out of 5 stars Sony battery pack
Though expensive, this is a must have item for any camcorder. No function or recital will last longer than the life of this battery. I used a Sony HD handycam in Italy and never had less than 50% power even after all day at the Vatican. Coupled with a 32gb memory stick you have the perfect no worry setup.
Published on April 3, 2010 by James Langlois

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE!!!
Published on December 25, 2011 by AS

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony battery pack, April 3, 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE!!!, December 25, 2011
AS (FL United States) - See all my reviews
Error code C:04:00 "For use with compatible battery only" after 3 min of recording with Sony HDR-CX560V handycam. Purchased and shipped directly from Amazon LLC. Packaging appears genuine even with a holographic genuine Sony sticker. Battery is subtle different from OEM battery... SEE PICTURES. Read other bad reviews. Mind you I was attempting to record a family Christmas. Fully test your equipment upon receipt of equipment, before a major picture moment!!!

After further confirmation, there was NO warranty insert in the package. This is a FAKE product, I am all for knock offs for less but I had a expectation that is was genuine.

Amazon immediately replaced with genuine product after the return period expired. Amazon also checked their inventory stock, appears to be clean now.

THANK YOU AMAZON!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Battery life!, May 13, 2010
This review is from: Sony NP-FV70 Rechargeable Battery Pack - Retail Packaging (Electronics)
This is one of the reason why I bought Sony camcorder (CX550): It has long life battery which is SO important when you are out there shooting video all day long and have confidence that your battery won't run out on you. This would make a great back-up battery, lasting for more than two hours of HD shooting. It is also extremely useful when using video light with the camcorder.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just FYI. Beware of fake imitation Sony batteries., March 8, 2011
Just FYI. Beware of fake imitation Sony batteries. There are a lot out there and their cheap price will really draw you into buying it. I recently got a fake one (NP-FV100). Although it's in a Retail Package like how they advertised it (but they don't say OEM or original or genuine), you will notice some difference from the original battery. The battery lasted long time for each charge though, so it still works, but I think once in a while, somebody will get a bad defective one like the one person that said the plastic cover was held to the circuit board by a double-side tape (Sony or any major brand will not do that).

Here are the differences I noticed:

- There are slight imperfections on how the plastic was molded into shape especially at the bottom area like the corners where you connect the battery to the camcorder.
- My original battery has an imprint of some numbers at the bottom. The fake battery does not have it.
- The cut of the infoLITHIUM sticker on top is not as exact as in the original battery.
- Some of the retail package is not the sealed type. You can slide the back paper in and out.
- The print or the graphics on the retail package is not as clear as the original or is a little blurry.
- And of course, high chance that Sony will say it's fake and no warranty on it.

This is just for information purposes. Know what you are buying. The battery I got that I am assuming is fake or imitation still worked.

1.0 out of 5 stars These batteries are junk, January 13, 2011
After initially charging these batteries (2) they worked once for a short time. The second time I tried to use them they gave an impossible time left of approximately 1300 minutes but lasted only a few minutes before they would not work and were dead. I know it is not my charger because my old battery performs without a problem. I feel like I was ripped off and will not buy from this vendor again.

1.0 out of 5 stars These are COUNTERFEIT Batteries - No Warranty Included!, October 15, 2011
3-D Guy "etbrown2002" (Salt Lake City, Utah United States) - See all my reviews
These batteries are counterfeit batteries. The packaging looks like Sony - but it is not - just look inside and you will not find a warranty for the batteries. Mine are starting to die after just a few times of use. As another person said, they should not be allowed to sell these on Amazon...
Pay more and get a real battery from Sony.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes bigger is not better, November 23, 2010
Product arrived on the date promised and in good condition. This battery is a bit large for the camera(CX550V)on which it is being used. Although it has a very long life I'm not sure it's worth the extra size and weight. Because of it's size and weight it moves the center of mass too far back. On a tripod this is not an issue but would be for hand holding. Also, it is so long that you can't see through the viewfinder with it in place. I would recommend two NPFV-70s instead. I got the NPFV100 because I needed to run the camera for a very long time and didn't have the option of changing batteries in the middle of the event.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony NPFV70, June 24, 2010
Kizr "Kizr" (Overland Park, KS United States) - See all my reviews
Perfect size to fit camera and into camera bag; perfect amount of charge time. Wish Sony would make this standard instead of the V50.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake, knockoff battery, June 30, 2011
I got the battery in mail but immediately noticed how light it felt. It was the same weight as the battery it was replacing but it was 3 times the size. Fully charged, it only lasted 20 minutes. I took it to the Sony Style store and they quickly told me that it was not a sony battery but a clever knockoff. I looked at a real sony fv100 and you could tell when side by side. The real sony was pretty heavy, the letters ontop were stamped on the real one where the fake one looked painted on. The authenticity label was completely different than the real one. This reseller is a fraud. Do not buy anything from them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Extended Battery for Sony Flash Camcorder, June 2, 2010
I purchased this battery for my Sony DSC-SX63 flash camcorder, as a 2nd battery for longer filming. The thing that I like about Sony batteries is that they show an approximate time of battery left. The time showing left is not exact, unless you do not zoom or use other features while filming. This one lasts about "an hour" longer than the battery that it came with.

I just used it yesterday to film at a zoo. We were at the zoo for about 4 hours. I took about 1 hour of video, and there was about "30 minutes" left on the battery from a full recharge. The zooming, which is mechanical, is what really wears on this battery. If I had used the LCD light, it may have drained a little faster as well.

Overall, it really helps to have a 2nd battery, especially one that lasts longer than the default one. So I recommend getting this battery for your "V" type Sony device.

Rate and Discover Movies