Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sony NP-FV70 Rechargeable Battery Pack - Retail Packaging
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: Medium, 1960mAh|Change

on December 25, 2011
Error code C:04:00 "For use with compatible battery only" after 3 min of recording with Sony HDR-CX560V handycam. Purchased and shipped directly from Amazon LLC. Packaging appears genuine even with a holographic genuine Sony sticker. Battery is subtle different from OEM battery... SEE PICTURES. Read other bad reviews. Mind you I was attempting to record a family Christmas. Fully test your equipment upon receipt of equipment, before a major picture moment!!!

After further confirmation, there was NO warranty insert in the package. This is a FAKE product, I am all for knock offs for less but I had a expectation that is was genuine.

Amazon immediately replaced with genuine product after the return period expired. Amazon also checked their inventory stock, appears to be clean now.

THANK YOU AMAZON!!!
review image review image review image
22 comments| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2010
Though expensive, this is a must have item for any camcorder. No function or recital will last longer than the life of this battery. I used a Sony HD handycam in Italy and never had less than 50% power even after all day at the Vatican. Coupled with a 32gb memory stick you have the perfect no worry setup.
55 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 13, 2010
This is one of the reason why I bought Sony camcorder (CX550): It has long life battery which is SO important when you are out there shooting video all day long and have confidence that your battery won't run out on you. This would make a great back-up battery, lasting for more than two hours of HD shooting. It is also extremely useful when using video light with the camcorder.
on March 8, 2011
Just FYI. Beware of fake imitation Sony batteries. There are a lot out there and their cheap price will really draw you into buying it. I recently got a fake one (NP-FV100). Although it's in a Retail Package like how they advertised it (but they don't say OEM or original or genuine), you will notice some difference from the original battery. The battery lasted long time for each charge though, so it still works, but I think once in a while, somebody will get a bad defective one like the one person that said the plastic cover was held to the circuit board by a double-side tape (Sony or any major brand will not do that).

Here are the differences I noticed:

- There are slight imperfections on how the plastic was molded into shape especially at the bottom area like the corners where you connect the battery to the camcorder.
- My original battery has an imprint of some numbers at the bottom. The fake battery does not have it.
- The cut of the infoLITHIUM sticker on top is not as exact as in the original battery.
- Some of the retail package is not the sealed type. You can slide the back paper in and out.
- The print or the graphics on the retail package is not as clear as the original or is a little blurry.
- And of course, high chance that Sony will say it's fake and no warranty on it.

This is just for information purposes. Know what you are buying. The battery I got that I am assuming is fake or imitation still worked.
on October 15, 2011
These batteries are counterfeit batteries. The packaging looks like Sony - but it is not - just look inside and you will not find a warranty for the batteries. Mine are starting to die after just a few times of use. As another person said, they should not be allowed to sell these on Amazon...
Pay more and get a real battery from Sony.
on June 30, 2011
I got the battery in mail but immediately noticed how light it felt. It was the same weight as the battery it was replacing but it was 3 times the size. Fully charged, it only lasted 20 minutes. I took it to the Sony Style store and they quickly told me that it was not a sony battery but a clever knockoff. I looked at a real sony fv100 and you could tell when side by side. The real sony was pretty heavy, the letters ontop were stamped on the real one where the fake one looked painted on. The authenticity label was completely different than the real one. This reseller is a fraud. Do not buy anything from them.
44 comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2011
After initially charging these batteries (2) they worked once for a short time. The second time I tried to use them they gave an impossible time left of approximately 1300 minutes but lasted only a few minutes before they would not work and were dead. I know it is not my charger because my old battery performs without a problem. I feel like I was ripped off and will not buy from this vendor again.
44 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2010
Product arrived on the date promised and in good condition. This battery is a bit large for the camera(CX550V)on which it is being used. Although it has a very long life I'm not sure it's worth the extra size and weight. Because of it's size and weight it moves the center of mass too far back. On a tripod this is not an issue but would be for hand holding. Also, it is so long that you can't see through the viewfinder with it in place. I would recommend two NPFV-70s instead. I got the NPFV100 because I needed to run the camera for a very long time and didn't have the option of changing batteries in the middle of the event.
on May 18, 2011
As with other posts here I recieved my battery and am disapointed in this purchase.

I recently purchased a Sony NPFV 70 battery for my new Sony camcorder. My Camcorder is a model HDR-XR160 which is a brand new model camcorder. The battery arrived in the original packaging and I immediately opened it and put it into my camcorder to charge the battery. The charge light on the camcorder immediately began blinking (this did not happen when charging the original NPFV 50 battery that came with the camcorder). I looked up a blinking charge light in the operators guide and it said that this would indicate that the battery pack was damaged.

Furthermore when I attempt to record with the new camera with the new battery in it, it will record for about 20 seconds then it gives an error code of C:04:00 and the camcorder will immediately shut off. When I looked this up in the operators guide it says this fault indicates the battery pack is not an "InfoLITHIUM battery pack V Series" battery.

The camcorder works fine with the originally supplied NPFV 50 battery.

Item claimed to be a SONY brand battery but was obviously a fake and did not work in my brand new Sony Camcorder. When you place this battery next to the original factory battery and look very closely, you can tell that this battery is a fake SONY battery that has been cleverly made to look like an original SONY battery. There is no battery serial number on the fake battery and the stickers are slightly different (the battery's are obviously different sizes but the markings do not match). All the packaging looks like it came directly from SONY but until you open the package and look at this battery next to a SONY battery can you tell that it is not a real SONY battery. Its very disturbing that this kind of gimmick is allowed to continue.

UPDATE:

I went to Sony's webste and purchased a new NPFV 70 directly from them (over $100 for a certified Sony Battery). As i thought the packaging was a little different and this battery came with a warranty from Sony (the one I sent back above did not have a warranty sheet in the package). You know you have an official Sony battery when the small serial numbers on the corner, back of the battery are present.

From other posts I deduct that while these battery's will probably work in most cases, since they are not "official" Sony batteries there are some defective ones (my guess would be about 20% will be defective in some way or not be compatable with your Sony system). They also cost 1/2 the price of the batteies on Sony's website so this will likely entice many buyers like it did me.
on June 24, 2010
Perfect size to fit camera and into camera bag; perfect amount of charge time. Wish Sony would make this standard instead of the V50.