5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine Sony Battery. (I was suspicious...)
There's not much to say about a battery, but I just wanted to drop my 2˘ for anybody who, like me, thought this price looked too good to be true for a genuine battery, and is suspicious it might be an aftermarket or even counterfeit battery. I'm accustom to Sony spare batteries costing a pretty penny.

This battery is certainly the real deal -- Genuine Sony --...
Published on February 11, 2011 by Nathaniel Allen

1.0 out of 5 stars Not genuine Sony battery
I ordered this battery based on the positive reviews here on Amazon. As I had already bought the NP-BN1 battery from another merchant and discovered that it wouldn't work in my two Sony cameras, the DSC-TX7 and DSC-TX10, I decided to give this Amazon merchant a try. Upon receiving it and testing it in my two cameras, they both gave out the message "use with compatible...
Published on August 31, 2011 by Daimlerz

‹ Previous | 1 2 324 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not fit my camera, December 28, 2011
This review is from: Sony NPBN1 Rechargeable Battery Pack - Retail Packaging (Electronics)
I had to return the battery because it did not fit into the camera. Now I understand why the price was so low Maybe this is a defective item or a copy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Short battery life, April 7, 2011
Amazon Customer "susie's mom" (Marietta, GA United States) - See all my reviews
I dropped my old Sony camera in an airport. With that camera, I took 400 photos before changing batteries (I ran out of juice on only one trip in its life). Replaced that camera with a Sony Cybershot that takes this NP-BN1 battery. This battery died after only 100 photos. Another time it died less than 2 weeks after being recharged, and very few (25?) photos taken. Missed the shot of a lifetime because of it. I now know to stock 3-4 batteries if I'm taking a SERIOUS trip with lots of photo ops. wish I had my old camera and battery back.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, not a good battery., June 13, 2010
I have to agree that this battery just does not last that long. I drained it easily on two different days of taking pictures at my kids soccer game and then a baseball game another day. Perhaps if you only take a few pictures a day it will last for weeks or months on a charge, but one day of maybe 25 pictures and 3-4 videos drained mine easily, not much in my estimation. I wish they were not so expense for an extra. Too much really.
I do love the Cybershot camera though, and still don't regret buying one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lithium-Ion Battery(Sony NP-BN1) -- DOA, June 21, 2012
Spike "spikeman1" (Suburb of Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
Received Dead On Arrival!
Immediately put it into the charger and LED lit for 1/2 hour then went out. I took it out of the charger, put it back in and it was a no go LED. Tried my original batt and it worked fine.
The Sony battery that came with my W390 Cybershot camera I just got, charges and works fine.
But this battery was DEAD.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, February 4, 2014
Bought this directly from Amazon, it seems to work well enough and holds its charge for the same time as the original that came with the camera. All in all pleased with its performance and the price paid.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake., June 10, 2013
Jenn (Massachusetts, USA) - See all my reviews
"Use compatible battery only." It looks genuine, the description implies it's genuine. Opened it, charged it, and attempted to use it. It's fraudulent and a rip-off. Don't bother buying it.

1.0 out of 5 stars no, April 17, 2013
battery does not hold a charge longer than maybe 1 hour, did not like do not buy . ok thanks

1.0 out of 5 stars Clearly a Fake!!!, April 8, 2013
I bought this battery clearly believing that I was purchasing an authentic Sony product. On the surface, the packaging and labeling of my replacement battery lead me to believe that it was identical to one which came with the camera. But during my initial use of the battery, I noticed that it did not fit as cleanly into the camera as the original. My replacement battery kept my camera from locking and consistently needed to be recharged. When I looked at the label of the replacement battery, it clearly appeared to be refabricated. The lettering and ink was not as clear as on the original. I'm glad to see that Amazon has now posted a warning disclaimer once you click on this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, February 22, 2013
Purchase a Sony DSC-WX150 and purchased this as a backup. Works good and lasts as long as the battery that came with the camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars What is Retail Packaging?, December 16, 2012
I was expecting a new battery in the packaging you would get at the store. That was not the case, it actually had a small "mark" on the battery itself. It was a gift, so I hope it is working like a new battery.

‹ Previous | 1 2 324 | Next ›