5.0 out of 5 stars Sony PCKLM16 Digital Camera Screen Protector Foils review
This semi rigid plastic cover is special designed for SONY A7/R digital camera. It is easy to install and provide maximum clarity and protection.
Published 10 months ago by jkwang99

1.0 out of 5 stars Came off in under a month
I had the screen protector on for less than a month, and it's already fallen off. It won't stick after having come off, so now I need to find an alternative (will no longer recommend this one).
Published 11 months ago by Aldo Chavez

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony PCKLM16 Digital Camera Screen Protector Foils review, February 13, 2014
This review is from: Sony PCKLM16 Digital Camera Screen Protector Foils (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Mates perfectly with the Sony A7R and A7., December 19, 2013
S. Abdou (New York, NY, USA) - See all my reviews
The first thing I do (well, one of the first things) after buying a new camera is apply a screen protector. The Sony PCKLM16 was designed to perfectly fit the screen on the A7R and A7, and it does just that. It's thin and rigid, but still a little pliable, which is nice. I found it easy to apply, but care should be taken in the process. Highly recommend. (FYI, it may fit other Sony cameras with a similar screen size and aspect ratio, such as the RX1 and RX1R, but I can't say for certain since I don't own either of those cameras.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Made for the camera...., December 8, 2013
Perfect for protecting the screen and when installed, it looks like the original screen facing. I recommend this screen protector.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit. Cheap insurance for a high quality camera., February 7, 2014
I bought this for a Sony A7. I chose this part number because it is the one recommended by Sony for that camera at their website. There is a similar looking screen protector also being sold at Amazon (but does not indicate a model number) that has many more reviews. The reason for that could be it sells for a little less money and is ready for immediate delivery whereas I had to wait almost a month for the PCKLM16. In reading the reviews for the lesser priced protector many reviewers mention the NEX 7 although Amazon lists it as compatible with the A7/R. The screen protector they are reviewing has a small notch cut out of one corner custom made for the NEX 7 whereas the PCKLM16 does not. The PCKLM16 is in authentic Sony packaging with an illustration of an A7/R on the packaging and they are made by Sony in Japan.

I decided to pay more and wait the month for delivery. The product I received is a perfect fit for the A7 and the adhesive appears to be strong. When applied to the camera the protector does not add anything to the size nor weight of the camera. The material is extremely clear and hard enough to give confidence that it will protect the view screen from scratches and nicks. I use a cellphone-like protector on one of my other Sony cameras that works okay as a protector but detracts slightly from the image clarity whereas the PCKLM16 does not.

For a camera the quality of the A7 a $15 screen protector is a must-have. In time it may need to be replaced but it is cheap insurance against damage. By the way, another must-have is a good clear filter for the lens. The Sigma EX DG 55mm Multi-Coated UV Filter is reasonably priced and well-made.

5.0 out of 5 stars A little more pricey then cheapies, but don't skimp on your screen protection when you have a $$$ camera, December 7, 2013
Great looking. Does the job. Love that it still has SONY on the bottom as it covers up the one on the camera. Can't even tell that its on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Sony A7(R), March 7, 2014
A. N. (Texas, USA) - See all my reviews
Did my research and bought this for my A7. It's a semi-hard screen protector so it's easier to install than those thin films. It fits perfectly and overall is a very good quality product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Came off in under a month, January 6, 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Dirty on Arrival. Do not attempt to clean!, September 5, 2014
This screen protector was slightly dirty when it arrived from Sony.

Once I applied it to the camera, after thoroughly cleaning the LCD with microfiber, I noticed that there were dust particles and tiny fibers underneath the glass.

Given that I was putting it on my brand-new Sony A7, I didn't want anything between the protector and the LCD. So, I attempted to clean this protector and then replace it. Doing this was a huge mistake.

Once you attempt to clean this protector in any form or fashion, streaks and debris are there to stay. No matter what method of cleaning I employed, I could not clean the protector.

After quite a bit of trying, I finally just bent the thing in half and threw it in the trash and called it a $15 loss.

I highly suggest being very careful when trying to apply this protector if you buy it, and checking to make sure that it is clean before removing the adhesive back panel to apply it.

If you mess up at all, there's no fixing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product Worth the Money, July 23, 2014
This protective film is very well made. Appears to be hard and thick enough to protect the glass LCD underneath. This is the second time I am buying the same protector, the first time was for my wife's NEX-5 camera which is now almost 3 years old. The old protector film (same model) made it through multiple foreign vacations and survived very well. Well enough that I am a repeat customer, this time for the Sony A7r. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits Sony A7 Perfectly, July 28, 2014
This is the right one for your A7. It installs easily with no bubbles since it is a semi rigid material (I used some lens cleaner to remove the gunk that had accumulated around the edges of my cheap screen protector) and the clarity is so good it essentially disappears once mounted on the camera. Can't comment on the adhesion durability issue as I just mounted it but certainly doesn't want to shift around at all when cleaning it.