5.0 out of 5 stars Sony is the way to go
Published on October 30, 2004 by temp_cowboy

3.0 out of 5 stars This thing is okay
This computer lacks ps2 input. The Monitor is alright but nothing special. I wouldn't want this for my main computer. A possible computer for your 2 year old playing with notepad or calculator. Your call. Have a nice day.
Published on July 24, 2007 by Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony is the way to go, October 30, 2004
This review is from: Sony VAIO PCV-V300G Desktop PC (2.8 GHz Pentium 4, 512 MB RAM, 200 GB Hard Drive, DVD-RW Drive) (Personal Computers)
I just purchased this PC, after owning a Dell for about 4 years. My wife and I realized that we no longer needed a PC that spread itself out over a wide area on a desk. Instead, something compact and sleek would do--after all, we rarely do more than surf the net, check e-mail, and upload photos. The Sony V300 is a very impressive unit, from the first time we saw it in the store. The 15-in LCD may be the best LCD screen I've ever seen--it's amazingly clear. I like that everything is self-contained in this unit, and the array of ports and inputs is quite good considering the amount of available space on the housing. Curiously, Sony has provided a 13GB C: drive and a 167GB D: drive. That made for some interesting file transfers between my old PC and the new one. I suppose they were going for a partition effect, in which WindowsXP would reside on its own hard disk, and the PVR and other files would reside elsewhere. But the advertised 200GB drive makes this misleading. No matter. I don't use the PVR, and I choose to install the majority of my programs, MP3s, media, etc. onto the larger D: drive. All in all, I am thoroughly impressed with my Sony VAIO. If you're looking for a compact, all-in-one PC, but don't want to go the route of a laptop, this is the solution for you.

3.0 out of 5 stars This thing is okay, July 24, 2007
Cleaner (California, USA) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars This computer is a throwaway, September 19, 2009
The computer has so little memory and storage space that I had to junk it after owning it for a couple of years. It turned me off PCs forever, and I now own a MACbook.