Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD

on October 27, 2010
I have read about numerous fake memory stick pro duos on the market, so I was initially concerned about ordering one for myself. However, I needed a memory card for my new PSP, and seeing a few positive reviews for this card, I decided to take a chance with this one.

I am happy to say that this memory card is genuine and reads "MagicGate Supported" on my PSP, so I should be in good shape for years to come!
22 comments24 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2011
When I purchased the Sony HX5v, the salesman at the camera store ordered the Sony Memory Stick because he said that he didn't think the standard SDHC would fit, like Sony said it would. He said some customers couldn't get the SDHC to work. There's not a thing wrong with this card at all, except that it's a proprietary card that works only on sony stuff. It obviously doesn't fit any other camera but the Sony.

Then, when I purchased the HX9v, same thing. But, I discovered on a blog, that the SDHC cards DO FIT IN THE SONY CAMERA's HX5v and HX9v !! You have to insert them in, OPPOSITE, the memory stick. In other words, you can't see the camera's contact pins that work the SDHC cards like you can the Memory Stick cards. The front of the SDHC cards face towards the back of the camera.

The Sony Memory Stick Cards are GREAT ! They work extremely well, every bit as good as their SDHC countercards. And I actually got it cheaper than the comparable SDHC Cards. The only rub here is that the Memory Sticks only fit the Sony's as where the SDHC fits almost anything today. Had I purchased the SDHC, I could interchange it with all of my other camera's.

Just a side note, most of the card readers in computers and such have the Memory Card slots anyway. And, I got an USB Adapter for my memory stick with my HX5v. (not in the HX9v) Those adapters are available from sony, also.
on September 23, 2010
Hard to find a Sony Memory HG Duo MS-HX16A Stick in the US. I saw it for sale online in Europe and Asia but in the US they're still selling the 16G version (I was googling and accidentally stumbled upon Sony's Latavia version and they had so many more selections that the US website.) 16A is up to 30MB/s transfer speed while the 16G is at 20MB/s.

So I'm glad I finally got one for my new Sony Cybershot WX5.
on February 8, 2013
Does what it should, seems to have faster access times than the cheap knock off I was using before. However, $40 for a proprietary card by Sony just to use it ONLY in there cameras and game systems seems pretty unfair. Quite the money scheme if you ask me. Still had to give it 3 stars though, because it works just fine and seems to be durable. We've had ours about two years and haven't had a single corrupt file on it.
on August 7, 2011
It says MSHX16A but the one I got was actually MSHX16B which is the latest model and that is AWESOME. And yes the memory stick is the REAL DEAL, I know there is a 1 star rating but that buyer was actually mistaken. The mem stick he got was also REAL. If you don't believe me go on to Sony website and you'll see the newest model is MSHX16B and MSHX16A was also Sony's product.

Anyway, this is definitely recommended. It runs fast and has MAGICGATE SUPPORTED.
22 comments6 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2011
I have Sony SLT A55V the 16 gig allows single shots followed by 10 ripid fire then on to movie recording without any delay. It also downloads to computor as fast as the program you are using allows. I have am happy with the 2-16 gig. 32 gig would be too much for my uses.
on March 6, 2011
I use these in my Sony A850 and have had no problems so far. It downloads to my external hard drive via firewire 800 - macbook pro, in about 9 minutes.
on July 24, 2013
Saw this exact same memory stick at the store for about $20 more. The cards works great on our Sony camcorder.
on December 22, 2013
Once card was formatted in our camera, we used it to take lots and lots of pictures of family and friends. We took our two boys to visit Santa today and when we got home to put the pictures on our computer, the computer said the card needed formatted yet again. We went to SONYs website and downloaded the recovery tool and it could not find any pictures on the memory card. When opening the memory card device under 'my computer' we saw that the card was only a 3GB card instead of a 16GB card like we purchased. Completely dissatisfied with this product and beyond upset due to losing hundreds of photos and memories.
on October 18, 2010
great product, works just as i expected it too, speeds will vary on devices used but it is definately going to pay off in the long run