5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for use with Free Track head tracking system.
Published 22 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars picture this
It is a handy product if you do live video chat with other players if you are playing online gaming. However I bought this thinking I could use the PS3 on skype video chat but it is not available for it yet. Don't know if it ever will be available. The video quality is why I rated this as OK.
Published 20 months ago by Rick

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for use with Free Track head tracking system., February 18, 2013
This review is from: Sony PlayStation Eye Camera (Bulk Packaging) (Video Game)
I don't even own a PS3. This camera is strongly recommended for use with Free Track on a PC and for that it is working well. Set-up was easy and it does what it is supposed to do as far as Free-Track goes. I did not remove the IR filter and I don't know if the one I got is the easy or hard one to remove. I am using a piece of un-exposed, developed camera film with both sides covered in black magic marker as an IR bandpass filter. This is working reasonably well. The room I am using it in has windows from both sides and behind me so the light conditions are constanly changing during the day. This means I have had to adjust the settings as the light in the room changes. I am using a 3 point clip with wide angle IR LEDs. I am going to try running a little higher current to the LEDs to see if that will help with the ambient light conditions. But for now closing the curtains works good too. Of course if your not running Free-Track then none of this means anything to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars I got it for my PC, This webcam is surprisingly impressive for the price., May 31, 2013
This review is from: Sony PlayStation Eye Camera (Bulk Packaging) (Video Game)
I must be used to awful webcams, because I was blown away by this webcams performance. The FPS is great (FRAPs was saying 75 FPS) and the picture quality rivals a lot of affordable cameras. If you're used to picture lag or sudden movements causing the webcam to freak out, you'll be pleasantly surprised. The camera was able to easily keep up with rapid movements while keeping its high picture quality and FPS. The power (blue) light and recording (red light) are also a simple feature that leaves no question as to when the camera is on and/or capturing video.

The only thing is I am using this as a PC webcam, not for the PS3. The PS3 eye was not made to be used for this and as such you won't be able to plug it in and play. You will have to install some third party drivers to make it compatible. However, a quick google search and 2 minutes of installing made this camera Skype ready along with other programs.

I would recommend this to anyone wanting a PC webcam!

5.0 out of 5 stars bulk packaging was good for me, February 23, 2013
RaveTheTadpole (Austin, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony PlayStation Eye Camera (Bulk Packaging) (Video Game)
For my purposes (computer vision) the bulk packaging was a good choice. It comes wrapped in bubble wrap. No clamshell, no pretty box, no manual. Just the camera and the attached USB cable. Simple.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, September 5, 2013
This review is from: Sony PlayStation Eye Camera (Bulk Packaging) (Video Game)
I'm so glad that I got this at a cheaper price online. It works perfectly and I have had it for a few months now

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, January 12, 2013
This review is from: Sony PlayStation Eye Camera (Bulk Packaging) (Video Game)
i got it and i didn't have to do any thing to the settings for it i plugged it in and i got a very good video and great sound from the mic

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, July 31, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Length:: 2:38 Mins

4.0 out of 5 stars Greate have no complains about it, November 1, 2013
This review is from: Sony PlayStation Eye Camera (Bulk Packaging) (Video Game)
Im happy with the camera easy to use no problems, i will make a sxtencive use of this now that i have it, ill br gettin all te gear so i can enjoy my games fully.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, October 15, 2013
This review is from: Sony PlayStation Eye Camera (Bulk Packaging) (Video Game)
Not a fan of the Playstation Move but this camera is excellent. Has no problems picking up movement of any kind. Quick delivery. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars sony playsation eye camera (bulk packing), October 8, 2013
This review is from: Sony PlayStation Eye Camera (Bulk Packaging) (Video Game)
works great -when a big gammer and doing videos for utube - so cool great sound and picture easy to use and fun

5.0 out of 5 stars ten captures outta 10%%%%%%%%%%, May 6, 2013
This review is from: Sony PlayStation Eye Camera (Bulk Packaging) (Video Game)
Cheapest fun you are going to have on a PS3! I had a Kodak cam years ago that had very cool fun software. You could manipulate pictures, morph them, twist them, color them, and have a blast with your kids. PS Eye does all this too. The software is free at Playstation Network Store. I've only used mine a few times and got my yucks worth.

There is also a couple of programs I grabbed at PSN. There is a fish tank that you can interact with, and another that moves with your movements. Another one that I haven't tried yet, is the time lapse picture snapping. In other words, I think you can use it as a monitoring camera which will take pics at certain intervals.

It's twenty bucks, give it a whirl. Oh, and it does a lot more too, I just don't have all the other gear for it.

Sony PlayStation Eye Camera (Bulk Packaging)
Sony PlayStation Eye Camera (Bulk Packaging) by Sony Computer Entertainment (Sony PSP)
$8.19