Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Price:$5.99+ $4.99 shipping

on January 21, 2014
Cap works with the 50mm lens that came with my Sony NEX 3NL camera. I don't know why this wasn't included with my camera in the first place, but this price wasn't terrible for such a necessary item. It is incredibly important to use lens and body caps with your interchangeable lenses and cameras. Do not underestimate the importance of this item. Buy as many as you need for as many lenses as you have, because you never know when you'll need all your lenses capped.

The cap can be removed or applied very quickly and for the most part with one hand. It is not black as I was expecting, but a dark gray. It has the genuine Sony brand name on the front of the cap. I paid $5.26 with free shipping.
on December 17, 2014
When I purchased my Sony a6000 with Kit Lens in August, It didn't come with a Body Cap or Rear Lens Cap. So I finally got around to ordering them now. Along with the Rear Lens Cap, I received a Body Cap as well! Ordered two of them: One for my Kit Lens (16-50mm PZ) and one for my Canon FD to Sony E-mount Lens Adapter. FYI: they are a Light Gray and not Black. Shipped to me from China.
review image review image review image
on April 23, 2015
This fits snug as it should. It does what is supposed to do, protect the lens. My only complaint is the cost. The price by manufacturer id $5.99 but the shipping is about the same price. I went to a camera store and they charged over $10.00 then tax was about the same. to me it's a lot for a piece of plastic. There seems to be no way around it if you want to protect your lens. I haven other nikon lenses that I bought in a camera shop that I am using with an adapter that are not name brand that were good fits but they were not much cheaper.
on January 4, 2014
I've accumulated a lot of lenses for my Sony NEX-5n. I have several adapters for older, manual lenses. I keep the adapters on the lenses, so there's always an E-mount and I don't have to go hunting for the right cap. I tried some third-party caps and they didn't tighten down on the mount as well.
on August 15, 2013
This is a genuine Sony rear lens cap for Sony E mount lenses, so the quality is great and it fits perfectly! To me, is doesn't make sense to spend hundreds of dollars on a Sony lens, then go cheap with a generic Chinese-made cap, just to save a couple bucks.
on July 7, 2013
The one's that actually say SONY on them are generally the best fitting, although i've seen some that say SONY but were apparently off spec and were being sold cheap but didn't fit snugly. Whatever, a little drop of superglue can fix that snugness right up....
on February 2, 2016
This rear lens cap and body cap did not fit my Sony a6000 or compatible lens. Amazon has this incorrectly described as fitting the NEX and the photo shows "E Mount" which it won't when it arrives.
on December 30, 2013
This is a genuine Sony product for half the price, what else do you want me to say :) In spite of reading this review if you are not buying this, you are struck by paralysis of analysis. Go see a doctor.
on January 21, 2016
I purchased since I bought the Sony A6000 camera as a package deal with two lenses. The reason I purchased the cap was when I remove the lens from the camera I could cap it immediately. I can take off the rear lens cap protector on the one that I want to use. This way the lens has a better chance with being protected. It fits snug. The rear protective cap is identical to the one that came with the camera. I would buy it again.
on May 11, 2012
It is what you expect when you are buying OEM products. Excellent quality and a perfect fit. It is nothing like the cheap plastic feeling you get when you go for less expensive after market products.

I am really happy with what I got.