4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but mandatory right now
Published on August 5, 2012 by peederj

1.0 out of 5 stars I was sent a generic battery "equivalent" instead of the ...
I was sent a generic battery "equivalent" instead of the SONY I paid for.

I would imagine this is done often and on purpose, since most people won't recognize the problem.

What can I say, this is completely unsatisfactory, and I consider it theft.
Published 26 days ago by Calvin W. Sanders

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but mandatory right now, August 5, 2012
peederj (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
You may wish to wait for knockoffs with external chargers included, but these are shipping now and they of course do work. This item does not include a charger, just the battery, rated for just 330 CIPA-rated shots and 80 minutes of video. If you want to last a day of shooting with your RX100 you will need a spare battery and I also bought a USB charging battery (Anker 10KmAh) so when I put the RX100 in my bag I hook it up for charging to try to keep above zero.

The price Sony is charging for these is a hidden cost factor for the RX100 and that there remains no external charger is annoying. I would like to hook this up to the Anker charger when it's spent and keep on charging all day...with SDXC memory cards available and cheap the endurance limit on the RX100 is strictly battery so you might have to get more of these until the knockoffs appear. I have no inhibition about buying decent knockoffs. I am however inhibited about trying universal battery chargers which some people have claimed work with these.

UPDATE: ...And the knockoffs have appeared. For half the current price of one Sony battery, you can get two knockoff batteries and a charger. I haven't tried as I have one of these and it's OK for now.

5.0 out of 5 stars OEM and obviously so., January 22, 2013
I tried two off brand backup batteries for my RX100. They were just ok. Neither managed more than about 150 shots on a good day.

This does about 350 and makes it worth the extra price IMO. You seem to get what you pay for with batteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars OK!, September 25, 2012
What can I say about a original product?
It is the same that came with RX100, so you will have an extra batterie and YES, you will need an extra batterie if you plan to make some movies.

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but worth it., May 9, 2013
Firebug24k (Urbana, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This is the real deal. I bought a few imitation batteries at a quarter the cost, but after a month they'd only take 50-100 photos before quitting. This one is going strong at 400+ photos after several months of use. Get this, don't waste your money on the clones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, March 30, 2013
Big box store didn't have it. Would order it for me. Found it on line. Got it for less. Came promptly. Brand name. No knock off. No problem. Very satisfied.

1.0 out of 5 stars I was sent a generic battery "equivalent" instead of the ..., August 23, 2014
I was sent a generic battery "equivalent" instead of the SONY I paid for.

What can I say, this is completely unsatisfactory, and I consider it theft.

5.0 out of 5 stars SONY Hi-Cap NPBX1 Batteries, October 20, 2013
Caught my wife eyeing the SONY DSLRs I've purchased since Spring. Although I've offered her the chance to use them, their weight and complexity put her off. I confess to feeling guilty about having all the fun. Saw an opportunity to pick up a lighter, point-and-shoot version of my cameras, a SONY DSC-HX300, as a gift for the Mrs. She was thrilled! Me, too. It was a new excuse for some accessory purchases to round out a suite for her new camera. One of the lessons hard-earned is having hi-cap batteries on hand (and charged) for the camera if you're serious about getting photos or clips of worthwhile subjects or events. I heard through a usually reliable source that SONY may have decided to discontinue producing this hi-cap battery, so I doubled-back and put in an order for a spare pair while they were still on the shelves. All went without a hitch, my order arriving on time, well-packed and in pristine condition. The batteries are exactly as described on Amazon, made by the original manufacturer and up to the specs I was looking for. I don't recall dealing with TheBargainDealStore through Amazon previously, but would not hesitate to do so again.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, September 10, 2014
Evelyn's shop sent a generic Vivitar branded battery instead of the OEM that is advertised. Sending back!

4.0 out of 5 stars Definately needed for the RX100, June 24, 2013
A spare battery is essential. Although the battery does take a lot of images, you never want to run out of power when you are in the middle of something. I would also recommend a mains charger to go with it as the in camera charging means you cannot use the camera while battery is charging.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best option, February 6, 2013
This battery lasts much longer than the generic counterparts it has. It also provides a better power reading on the display of the camera; the generic batteries seem to not read correctly and just drop to low battery. I know I could just buy 4 generics for the price of one of these and get more battery life, but who really wants to switch out a battery that much?

Sony Rechargeable Battery