Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Sony SRF-M37W Walkman Digital Tuning Weather/FM/AM...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 75% off the $101.34 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Sony SRF-M37W Walkman Digital Tuning Weather/FM/AM Stereo Radio (Black)
|Price:||$29.89 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$71.45 (71%)|
- Digital AM/FM/Weather stereo tuner
- Direct weather and preset access buttons
- 20-station preset memory
- Digital LCD digital with clock and battery indicators
- Headphones and belt clip included
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Brand Name: Sony
- Model Number: YSRFM37W
- Tuner Technology: Digital
- Item Height: 6.63 inches
- Item Length: 3.24 inches
From the Manufacturer
Listen to the weather or your favorite radio stations in clear, stereo sound and enjoy 20 station presets with this Walkman digital tuning weather radio. Not only does the Sony SRF-M37W Walkman digital radio run for hours on just one "AAA" battery, it also features five handy Direct Key Preset Memory buttons that jump straight to your favorite stations no matter what frequency you're in. There's also a digital clock and battery life indicator plus Weather Band Tuning Function for the latest local forecasts. Headphones and a belt clip are included for your convenience.
Weather Band Tuning Function
Use the weather band tuning function to listen up-to-the-minute weather from your local weather band broadcasts.
1 AAA Battery Operation
The SRF-M37W provides hours of listening on a single AAA battery and helps to make the Walkman radio compact and inexpensive to use.
Stereo headphones are provided to let you listen in private, and and included belt clip ensures quick attachment to a belt.
20 Station Preset Memory
The 20-station memory presets use electronic settings for easy one-button tuning for your choice of audio from 5 weather band, 10 FM and 5 AM stations.
Digital Clock and Battery Indicator
A built-in indicator lets you keep track of the correct time and provides a visible indication of when battery power becomes low.
Direct Weather Button
Use the Direct Weather button to access your local weather forecast at the touch of a button.
5-Key Direct Tuning Preset Memory
A Direct Tuning keypad allows you to electronically tune into any 5 stations you set, even if in different frequency bands with the press of a single, easy-to-reach button.
FM Local/Distance (DX) Switch
The built-in DX switch provides optimal reception of both close and distant radio stations.
What’s in the box: Sony SRF-M37W Walkman Digital Tuning Weather Radio (Black), Belt Clip, Headphones and 90-Days Labor & 1-Year Parts Limited Warranty.
- Antenna System: AM: Built-in Ferrite Bar Antenna; FM: Headphone Cord Antenna
- Format(s) Supported: FM/AM Radio
- Frequency Range: AM: 530-1710kHz; FM: 87.5-108MHz; Weather Band: Ch. 1-7
- Station Presets: 20 (5 AM, 10 FM, 5 WB)
- Tuner Type: Digital
- Display: LCD
- Battery Life: Up to 54 Hours
- Output Power: 2.8 mW + 2.8 mW (at 10% harmonic distortion)
- Power Requirements: 1 AAA Battery
Top Customer Reviews
1) PLL (Phase locked loop) digitally synthesized, am/fm/weatherband radio with very low noise, i.e., very good sensitivity as well as good selectivity (the ability to distinguish between adjacent frequency, interfering signals).
2) This radio can only be manually tunned by pressing the + (forward/up) or - (back/down) frequency tuning button. It will even advance semi-automatically if you hold the button down and you will hear the stations as the radio sweeps through the frequencies so you know how/where to locate stations (unlike Sangean pocket radios which mute during automatic scan and seek functions). Thus, there is no fully automatic, press and scan or even a seek function, but I have found this manual tuning capability totally adequate because of the simplicity of the five preset tuning buttons for each band (with 2 sets of five presets on the fm band). It is quite silly that Sony didn't take the time right now to also add 5 more presets on a second set of am bands just as they did on fm on the SRF-M37V for example which has 25 presets available and not 20 presets as on this newest model. This is especially because the am reception on this radio is quite exceptional in addition to all of its other very nice features.
3) It is as good as the Sangean pocket radios that I have recently tried as well (including the famous DT-200VX). It remains to be seen if the new (June 2008) Sangean DT-400W (with NOAA weather coverage and broadcast alerts) will compete with the Sony SFR-37W.
4) It has a one year limited warranty and clearly not just 90 days as listed on numerous websites, including Amazon.com.Read more ›
Less discussed is the sound quality of the SRF-M37W, a primary consideration (along with reception) when I'm buying a radio. Here's my take: compared with two other pocket radios I have owned--the Sangean DT-110 AM/FM Digital Pocket Radio and the Sangean DT-180V AM/FM/TV Digital Pocket Radio--I would have to say the sound quality is a little less bright and immediate. It sounds as though Sony has filtered quite a bit, perhaps to lessen high-frequency static and hiss, or perhaps it is a function of the low-wattage power architecture.
At any rate, I like the brighter Sangean sound more, although I did not like the fact that the headphone jacks on both of my Sangeans went bad long before the end of their overall life (the little DT-180V only lasted about a year), particularly since they cost a lot more than the Sony. I ended up with two speakerless radios that are unusable. Hence I decided on a brand change and bought the SRF-M37W.
Anyway, after about a year, I decided to go back to the little Sangean DT-120CL (the clear plastic one). I missed its bright sound and it fits in my jeans pocket, which is not doable with the Sony. I'm happy.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
good size......works fine. Was using the Smartphone for radio until I saw how it was using up the data plan (and battery).
this is easier.....
It arrived right on time and it's a great Walkman. Exactly what we wanted!Published 1 day ago by Gray
3rd one, these things are tough, I abuse the sh*t out of them, only failure is the belt clip only because I abuse the stuff out of them, that's why I'm on my 3rd one.Published 1 day ago by Grant Taylor
This radio is for my wife to use while she walks at the YMCA and to use at home for specific programs.She likes it a lot!!!! Read morePublished 5 days ago by Amazon Customer