Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sony SS-B3000 Bookshelf Speakers (Pair, Black)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on November 8, 2010
Wow. The reviews are correct. Are they the best speakers? No. Are they great speakers? YES!

People simply are not stressing how BIG these speakers are. THEY ARE HUGE. Just keep that in mind. They are the biggest "rear" "surround" speakers I have ever seen. They also weigh 15 LBS a piece. I love them but just keep that in mind!

Threw them ontop of the "SANUS SYSTEMS BF-31B Wood Speaker Stands" and I have a match made in heaven. I cant believe how much speaker/stand I got for so little money. These speakers could easily be used for main speakers in a small room or dorm room. They really rock. I'm using them as my rears in a huge basement and they are more then adequate for rear speakers.
on August 15, 2009
Got these the other day. Before I got these, all I had was a sony mini system with a sub output. I had the JBL 500 watt sub hooked up to it. Couldnt ever quite blend the sub with the rest because the mini system sucked. I dont have alot of money so I just ordered these speakers and replaced my old mini system speakers with these. I could notice the improvement instantly. These speakers have a great range from the highs to the lows. I really don't need the sub anymore!! The only thing I use the sub for now is for the rock bottom lows. The sony's do the rest!! Awsome for a bedroom or small living room. BTW the mini system I have has like 200watts per channel.
on May 19, 2009
I had just placed my order this past weekend (5/16/09). The email confirmation indicated the speakers would ship around 5/21/09. They already today 5/19/09. I had also ordered the TEAC AG-790A stereo receiver so I could once again listen to vinyl. I'm replacing a very old Radio Shack Realistic stereo receiver and Epicure 150 studio monitors. the salt in the air finally did in this old reliable equipment. Since the TEAC hasn't yet arrived, I connected the SS-B3000's to a SONY STR-K660P 5.1 receiver. Wow, was I impressed. They sound nice sitting right on the floor, no need to elevate them. Although, I've only spent a few hours listening, I must say they are well worth $99.00. Thanks Amazon for such a quick shipment.
on March 18, 2008
I am simply very satisfied. The speakers came before they were supposed to and work fine.
on December 22, 2012
When i saw the box, it was a lot more than i expected which is awesome. I thought they were going to be a lot small, but can't complain. Have not tried them out yet, waiting on this amplifier, should sound awesome! http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PTAU45-Stereo-Amplifier-Inputs/dp/B003OELGGG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1355336008&sr=8-5&keywords=pyle+amplifier
on June 19, 2009
These speakers WAY exceeded my expectations for a $100 pair of speakers. Not only are they beautifully black, but they sound UNBELIEVABLE! I bought these speakers because of the large amount of positive reviews, and I am here to post a positive review of my own! I plugged the speakers in and started playing Led Zeppelin 1 and was almost brought to tears. I have a Sherwood amplifier with my MP3 player connected and I can turn up the volume ALL THE WAY and there is no distortion whatsoever. Very pleased... If I had more room in my living room, I would get the B1000s and the B6000s. I may just have to get them and store them until I can figure out somewhere to put them...
VINE VOICEon June 3, 2011
1. I was looking to replace a dead bose home theater system but some basic two way speakers (mainly for music). I did the usual research and was attracted to these sony speakers due to the price (i mean, you can't be $99.00) as well as the reviews.
2. bottomline, the speakers are on the largish size in terms of "bookshelf" speakers (just refer to the specs), the value of the speakers are excellent. but in the end, you know the adage, you get what you pay for. despite all of the rave reviews, the bottomline is that sony is not stupid, they priced these speakers at a low price because they're just "ok" speakers in terms of audio fidelity. I'm not an audiophile, but I know enough about music and what sounds good that I can unequivocally state that these are just average speakers. They kind of remind of the kind of sound I would get from my Dad's stereo system in the late 1970s, early 1980s. It's decent, I can crank out some tunes via the speakers, but they are definitely not crisp and clear like my much smaller Klipsch speakers... but on the otherhand, the Klipsch are around 4 times more expensive.
3. Thus, as with all purchases, define the goal / purpose / use of the product and get the most appropriate thing. These will do for basic music / TV / Movies in the family room and thus I'll keep them. But for "real" listening / enjoyment of music--> I highly recommend purchasing some better speakers (something in the $300-500.00 range).
on October 14, 2009
These are by far the best speakers i've ever owned. These speakers are hooked up to a 7.1 sony receiver. I have 4 of these and the CN5000 for center and the 4 way floor standing F6000 for fronts.

To tell you the truth the 3000 sound even better than the 6000. The bass is incredibly superior and the mids and high are still very clear and smooth. So my recommendation: if you are thinking about home theatre, the b3000 are great and the price is right on. Don't waste your money on other speakers that are more expensive like the f6000.
on September 16, 2011
I have my B3000's hooked-up to a T-amp with a USB DAC and high quality power supply. They simply sound glorious in this setup. The extra currant seems to help keep bass output clean and crisp.

What I like about the 3000 over the 1000 is 3-way, woofer size, and power handling.
What I like about the 3000 over the 5000/7000 is the port is in the back, so the bass isn't too boomy.

Compared to Dayton B652's(no crossover) is no contest, the B3000's destroy them.
Compared to Bose 201's, I'll take the B3000's any day. The 201's are bass limp, and their tweeter is at a poor angle for music.

The B3000's are just plain fun to listen to.

The B3000's seem vibration sensitive. I couldn't place what sounded off in placement and setup after I moved the speakers. Went to the local 99 cent store and picked up a few mousepads and placed them under the B3000's placed about 2 feet from back wall. Then sound went back to being glorious.
on February 19, 2010
I consider myself an audiophile, being building and listening to systems for 35 years. I'm also a musician and as several have commented already- these are very nice little speakers. they are not going to fill huge rooms of course but I use it in my master bedroom that's pretty large- about 20x20 and they fill that very nicely with lot's of overhead. Tight bass, great balance- not overdone in the high's. They are very solid and I highly recommend these to anyone- as a secondary set or even primary. Great for Home theater Front L/R's I'd expect but I have some older JBL's for that.....