- Processor: 2.5 GHz Core i3-3110M
- Number of Processors: 2
- RAM: 4 GB
- RAM Type: DDR3 SDRAM
- Hard Drive: 500 GB 5400 rpm Serial ATA
Sony VAIO E14 Series SVE14122CXW 14-Inch Laptop (2.5 GHz Intel Core i3-3110M Processor, 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, Windows 8) White
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Intel Core i3-3110M 2.5 GHz
- 4 GB DDR3
- 500 GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
- 14-Inch Screen
- Windows 8
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Size: 14-Inch | Color: White
Top Customer Reviews
1) Turn off tapping in the device settings. I don't know why tapping is enabled by default on most laptops with touchpads. For the vast majority of people it just makes using a touch pad much more difficult.
2) Become adjusted to the button positions which are under the single large touch pad towards the bottom.
Windows ReadyBoost improves disk performance. I am using a SanDisk Extreme 16 GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 45MB/s SDSDX-016G-X46 which I formatted as exFat.
Here is the first issue I had with a fix:
Machine: Sony VAIO E Series SVE14122CXW with windows 8
Problem: DVD drive not recognized in explorer or device manager.
Attempted to configure for auto play and inserted valid DVDs to no avail.
Sony support via online chat thought it was a hardware problem and I would need to return machine. Having dealt with HP, Toshiba and Dell support over the years I have found you don't get people with in depth knowledge and troubleshooting ability doing support. I tried some different things on my own and found a fix.
1) Put bootable DVD in machine (like windows 7 bootable install media)
2) Power machine down
3) Wait 1 minute then power up
4) Keep hitting spacebar during boot
5) When windows 8 starts, it recognizes the drive and remembers it going forward!
What looked like a Sony hardware problem was more likely a Windows 8 problem.
First impressions were good. I loved the packaging and box, and upon taking the laptop out, the design is absolutely gorgeous. It's very sleek and sharp.
The problems then started coming as I was setting the laptop up; first thing I noticed right out of the gates.
- A whole section of my backlit keyboard was defective. I even took it into a dark room and tested it constantly and fiddled through the settings just to make sure I didn't have a incorrect setting enabled or something needed to be enabled.
- The laptop was uneven on my desk. You could push down on one side and the laptop would slightly wobble. I tested this on several desks and counters around the house.
- The hard drive constantly made a scanning noise, even when the laptop was idle, I double and TRIPLE checked processes running in the background, but for some reason, the laptop began to be really noisy and there was nothing I could do to subdue the noise coming from the HD.
- The touchpad is an absolute nightmare to use. Scrolling is choppy, the cursor skips everywhere on the screen when typing.
I've owned many laptops ranging from HP, Toshiba, Apple, Dell. This was my first Sony VAIO product and I had high hopes as Sony is always known for their quality VAIO line. I was extremely taken back and disappointed on this model.Read more ›
Within 24 hours of having this computer I started noticing glitches within the mousepad. Very frustrating. Also, after stalling Windows 8 "updates" my computer completely crashed. I spent 2 hours on the phone with tech support while my brand new PC had to completely reset. Needless to say it was a nightmare. It just froze on the start screen and wouldn't work even after restarting!
Finally, though I realize this is not Sony's fault -- My initial excitement was detracted by the fact that I soon noticed there was a small, but undoubtedly worsening crack in the plastic material surrounding the black trim of the computer. There were actually some wires exposed. Also, upon arrival the keyboard was popped out of place - While this is insignificant because ultimately the keyboard was fine, it is extremely frustrating that Amazon ships their products in these states.
Ultimately, I wish Sony should have kept their Windows 7 E series around a little longer.. Definitely avoid.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent Laptop, very nice keyboard and comfortable to type. Good looking screen with excellent sound...I'll recommend this...Published 4 months ago by Sathappan
I read the harsh reviews about the Sony E Series and thought I would have better luck than those other poor folks did. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Kindle Customer
First of all this purchase is not from Amazon, and is not reflective of their service or products.
This is the second Sony Vaio I have owned, and has had numerous problems... Read more
I really wouldn't suggest getting this laptop. First of all, it automatically updates itself, and also does random system repairs. Read morePublished 19 months ago by Vivian
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.